2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:41 pm

Mark_Bowen wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:07 pm
mattmurdog wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:38 am
Warning! FRAT! :
Blingoman wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:21 am
Oh, here's a comparison with the old venomImage

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Does the new heads fit on that old body? Would love to see how/if they fit. Thanks

Let's, uhh, hope they look better than this photoshop head swap:
Haha thanks for that. That old body really doesn't hold up, but I am not liking the Sony one either. It's too lanky but I really do prefer the head sculpts.
ditko
Thread Killer

Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:00 am

The old body was trash for Venom even back in the day, it was still neat cause Venom, but this new one looks sick to me.
Popoman
CROM?

Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:21 am

mattmurdog wrote:
Blingoman wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:21 am
Oh, here's a comparison with the old venomImage

Does the new heads fit on that old body? Would love to see how/if they fit. Thanks
It's not great

Popoman
CROM?

Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:22 am

Thought I attached the picture but I guess I didn't Image

100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:44 am

ditko wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:00 am
The old body was trash for Venom even back in the day, it was still neat cause Venom, but this new one looks sick to me.
I actually felt Venom was pretty much the only character that body worked for.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:29 am

Got iron spiderman yesterday and yeah it’s awesome super excited that hasbro took another swing at this guy
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:46 pm

Looking at pictures of the Knull/Venom 2-pack and I keep finding myself surprised at how excited I am for this set. One of those sets where the execution looks so stellar that it's got me amped for a character I'm lukewarm on and already have a bunch of figures of, and another that I have a vague knee-jerk dislike for. I might actually have to go read King in Black because of how impressive Knull looks as a figure.

It also makes me very, very, very much want a comic Gorr made with this much attention to detail. I would not balk at a modern Thor/Gorr set done exactly like this one if it got us a dedicated sculpt for Gorr that really went all out on depicting his stature and powers.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:27 pm

Would anyone be up for taking a picture of Knull's non-smiling face on the Venom body?

I had an idea for a custom awhile ago but could never find the right face for that body to pull it off - but he looks like maybe?
Popoman
CROM?

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:20 pm

H-bird wrote:
Looking at pictures of the Knull/Venom 2-pack and I keep finding myself surprised at how excited I am for this set. One of those sets where the execution looks so stellar that it's got me amped for a character I'm lukewarm on and already have a bunch of figures of, and another that I have a vague knee-jerk dislike for. I might actually have to go read King in Black because of how impressive Knull looks as a figure.

It also makes me very, very, very much want a comic Gorr made with this much attention to detail. I would not balk at a modern Thor/Gorr set done exactly like this one if it got us a dedicated sculpt for Gorr that really went all out on depicting his stature and powers.
The set is very well done, there's just a bit of sticker shock along with it. Once you have Knull in hand it makes a little more sense, because he's basically the size of a BAF, and Venom has those massive wings.

Iron Spider, on the other hand, feels like he should not have been priced more than $30. If you compare this figure to something from NECA that's the same price it's definitely not the same value.
H-bird

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:50 pm

Blingoman wrote:
H-bird wrote:

The set is very well done, there's just a bit of sticker shock along with it. Once you have Knull in hand it makes a little more sense, because he's basically the size of a BAF, and Venom has those massive wings.

Iron Spider, on the other hand, feels like he should not have been priced more than $30. If you compare this figure to something from NECA that's the same price it's definitely not the same value.

Yeah, Knull definitely seems like he would have been a BAF if not released in this format, and I'm happy to get a classic deco Venom on the movie body. I've definitely been more on the hunt for sales and discounts this year than any year prior because of the price increases.
thekunk2075
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:14 am

anyone in the us stocking Knull yet?
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:42 am

H-bird wrote:
Blingoman wrote:
H-bird wrote:

Yeah, Knull definitely seems like he would have been a BAF if not released in this format, and I'm happy to get a classic deco Venom on the movie body. I've definitely been more on the hunt for sales and discounts this year than any year prior because of the price increases.
I understand that these are two very massive figures packed with even more massive accessories, but still I felt like that in a 100 meter dash between the two upcoming venom packs, the 3-pack is going to get my money this time because I have more attachments to the life foundation symbiotes and I’ve never read King in Black. While I think this Venom from the Knull pack is the clear winner deco wise, it just wouldn’t mesh well with those life foundation symbiotes since that movie Venom body is nearly 9” tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:17 pm

H-bird wrote:
I might actually have to go read King in Black because of how impressive Knull looks as a figure.

I'm in the middle of reading that now. I'm a big Venom fan and he's my second-favorite villain behind Magneto, and so far I'm loving the story.
H-bird

Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:33 pm

panther10 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:42 am
I understand that these are two very massive figures packed with even more massive accessories, but still I felt like that in a 100 meter dash between the two upcoming venom packs, the 3-pack is going to get my money this time because I have more attachments to the life foundation symbiotes and I’ve never read King in Black. While I think this Venom from the Knull pack is the clear winner deco wise, it just wouldn’t mesh well with those life foundation symbiotes since that movie Venom body is nearly 9” tall.

If I was forced to pick between them for an ideal classic Venom I would have to agree - the 3-pack Venom has this one beat, and would be my pick. But Venom has had enough variations over the years - and the figure itself looks really well made - that I'm happy to have a few versions. Between these two, the Monster Venom BAF (which I suppose is technically Gargan and not Brock), and the Absorbing Man wave Venom I'd like to say I'm good on Brock Venoms for a while. I'm sure Hasbro has other ideas though.

EnigmaticClarity wrote:I'm in the middle of reading that now. I'm a big Venom fan and he's my second-favorite villain behind Magneto, and so far I'm loving the story.

Are you reading through any prologues like Absolute Carnage, tie-in books, etc, or just jumping right in to the main book? I can stomach a miniseries, but I always find myself wanting to read everything surrounding these big event stories which inevitably ends up with me dropping the whole thing - with some notable standouts like House of X, where I'm currently working my way through everything.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:07 pm

I jumped right into King in Black. I think the first issue referenced Absolute Carnage as a prequel, so I went to Wikipedia and read the plot synopsis to catch up. The synopsis didn't interest me enough to want to dive in, but who knows, maybe it's great, I'll find that out later, and go back and read that too eventually.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”