2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Maximoff
no more subnics
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:14 am

H-bird wrote:Still can’t believe we’re getting Spinneret! Really hope they have plans for their daughter eventually in the black and blue.
It will be a 3 pack so you have to rebuy these.
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:10 am

I probably would, and I have the 2 pack 5 times...
VonDoom62
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:26 am

I wanted to get the Spidey/Spinneret two-pack, but man does Spidey's head look WAY too off for me. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but something about the jawline looks weird. Maybe it's too broad or maybe the web pattern is simply screwing with my eyes, but I really just don't like it. I thought in-hand pics would change my mind, I used to feel similarly about Retro carded Spidey until in-hand pics started getting out after all, but I'm still unconvinced. Not crazy about the colors or huge chest symbol either. That's a personal preference thing, though.

For the price and for including a Spinneret I don't want, I'm definitely passing on this one.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:13 am

VonDoom62 wrote:I wanted to get the Spidey/Spinneret two-pack, but man does Spidey's head look WAY too off for me. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but something about the jawline looks weird. Maybe it's too broad or maybe the web pattern is simply screwing with my eyes, but I really just don't like it. I thought in-hand pics would change my mind, I used to feel similarly about Retro carded Spidey until in-hand pics started getting out after all, but I'm still unconvinced. Not crazy about the colors or huge chest symbol either. That's a personal preference thing, though.

For the price and for including a Spinneret I don't want, I'm definitely passing on this one.
I’m still not entirely convinced that this headsculpt isn’t the exact same thing as the Pizza Spider-Man head. I need to see the two side by side and in profile in order to compare. But I also reneged on my set only because at first I wanted to use this spidey as my default off model animated series Spider-Man when it was first announced since there was something about that build that kind of reminded me of the toon design. But now that we are getting an actual toon based spidey, my desire for this set went right out the window and I just chucked that shit straight into the cancel pile. I don’t needs…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VonDoom62
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:40 am

panther10 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:13 am
VonDoom62 wrote:I wanted to get the Spidey/Spinneret two-pack, but man does Spidey's head look WAY too off for me. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but something about the jawline looks weird. Maybe it's too broad or maybe the web pattern is simply screwing with my eyes, but I really just don't like it. I thought in-hand pics would change my mind, I used to feel similarly about Retro carded Spidey until in-hand pics started getting out after all, but I'm still unconvinced. Not crazy about the colors or huge chest symbol either. That's a personal preference thing, though.

I’m still not entirely convinced that this headsculpt isn’t the exact same thing as the Pizza Spider-Man head. I need to see the two side by side and in profile in order to compare. But I also reneged on my set only because at first I wanted to use this spidey as my default off model animated series Spider-Man when it was first announced since there was something about that build that kind of reminded me of the toon design. But now that we are getting an actual toon based spidey, my desire for this set went right out the window and I just chucked that shit straight into the cancel pile. I don’t needs…

I've seen comparison pics and it's different, alright. Not hugely so, but just enough to throw the look off for me. The head is both slightly larger and the jawline is wider. The curvature of the black border on the eyes are also slightly different, the white sort of indenting towards the front on the RYV Spidey.

(for reference the heads are swapped in this pic)
Diddy310
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:13 pm

Legends actually got some shelf space in the Target reset

I believe these are Iron Spidey and Future Foundation - along with 3 pegs for Black Panther legends and 6 for the Bonebreaker wave

ditko
Thread Killer

Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:44 pm

Is Iron Spidey showing up now?? What about Amazing Fantasy 15??

Those are my 2 biggest wants from this program. I gotta say reviews and booth images of Iron Spidey are way better looking than the initial pics that created panic. So he's back in the "W" column for me again.
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:05 pm

Checking the UPC code, it appears Deep Discount has the Doc Ock and Silk two pack https://www.deepdiscount.com/hasbro-col ... 0994154967
They're also showing the Spider Man Noir and Spider Ham two pack (expensive!) https://www.deepdiscount.com/hasbro-col ... 0994153793
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:51 pm

I’m more interested in the MJ Spinneret figure than Spidey. I’d love toe joints on Retro or Pizza Spidey but the wider cob webbing looks off to me. Preferences I guess. Pinless is fantastic too but it’s a long game. Hasbro will have another pinless classic Spidey in the next year or so.

Thwipp!

Popoman
CROM?

Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:51 pm

Got an email from BBTS saying my pre-order for King in Black and Iron Spidey are processing soon
gpmartin414
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:46 pm

Dorkside just charged me for the Peter/Ned two-pack and Future Foundation Spidey! The next month is probably going to be brutal with all the Spidey 60th stuff (and probably fan channel retro card stuff).

Nik
CROM!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:56 pm

I got charged for loose Ned, who's gonna be chilling with Dorkside until the Toad I ordered at the same time as him gets stocked. Hang in there Ned, it might be a while!
angelnite75
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:17 pm

I got charged also for Peter Parker and Ned Leeds two pack. Also a lone Peter too. Hopefully they’ll be shipping soon.

Neal
Super Poseable

Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:38 pm

I got charged for and got a shipping notification for the Peter/Ned 2-pack and the Future Foundation Spidey.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:33 am

My Iron Spider doesn't seem to have the colour mismatches that were posted a while back.Image

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”