2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:29 am

StuartGreen83 wrote:@spideyboy1111 Actually, the Spider-Ock suit originated in the 1995 3-issue mini-series "Spider-Man: Funeral for an Octopus", where he was the Amazing Octo-Spidey.

That Octo-Spidey look lasted only for about half of issue 2, before the arms were damaged and rendered out of Spidey's mental control and Spidey destroyed them in issue 3.

I know I'm in the vast minority on this, but think that an updated figure for the 1999 "Spider-Man Unlimited" animated series would be cool too. It was in two issues of the "Webspinners: Tales of Spider-Man" comic series to tie-in with the show's release.

And like a lot of folks online, this is the #1 classic Spider-Man figure I'd love to see Hasbro make in the next year or two:

This is the classic Spidey look I've always loved the best and I hope that this chest spider emblem with the legs out to the sides instead of the usual half-up/half-down look is used for the next Spider-Man figure. Open wall-crawling hands, an alternate Peter Parker head without glasses and a "wavy-lines" spider-sense accessory would be nice additions too.
Oh nice! I always assumed the comic image was inspired by the toy for the cartoon, and then the cartoon finally put it in.

Anyone know what year the Octo-spidey toy came out? (It was weeeeeeelllllllll before the cartoons spider-verse finale. I know that much

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:47 am

@spideyboy1111: I do! The Octo-Spidey toy came out the same year as the Funeral of an Octopus mini-series, 1995. I know because I bought it when it came out. It's still one of my favorite toys from Toy Biz's original "Spider-Man: The Animated Series" toyline. The bendable wire tentacles the Octo-Spidey toy had were infinitely better than the 1994 Doctor Octopus animated series figure's tentacles.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:38 pm

StuartGreen83 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:25 pm
And like a lot of folks online, this is the #1 classic Spider-Man figure I'd love to see Hasbro make in the next year or two:

This is the classic Spidey look I've always loved the best and I hope that this chest spider emblem with the legs out to the sides instead of the usual half-up/half-down look is used for the next Spider-Man figure. Open wall-crawling hands, an alternate Peter Parker head without glasses and a "wavy-lines" spider-sense accessory would be nice additions too.

The ship on that logo has probably sailed. John Romita drew the spider like that throughout the majority of--or really I think the entirety of--his run on Amazing Spider-Man, and Romita's art is what retro Spidey looks like more than any other artist.

Below are three pics--Romita's first work on Spidey, the issue your pic is from, and Romita's last work on a Spidey cover where you can see the spider logo. The spider is mostly drawn like you want it--with some variation over time in style--at the start and end of his run and every issue I've spotted in between. So if we didn't get that style of spider on him with the figure I'm sure the Legends team thinks of as the Romita/Ditko figure I doubt we're getting it ANYTIME soon. :oops:

Image Image Image
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:19 pm

OhmaTime
HULK SMASH!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:39 pm

2 steps forward, 1 step back.

Great pinless joints, making sure he has a boot/foot swivel....but back to no wall crawling hands, and back to ab crunch/swivel, and a disc hinge neck.

Which I know the retro body doesn't accomplish the waist ball, and dumbbell neck the best, but they should have tried to improve. Not go back to the hinges.

I'm still interested, I love this suit. But I am a bit disappointed.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:50 pm

Iron spidey is like the one spidey im absolutely fine not having wall crawlings hands

EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:51 pm

I didn't realize until now that the comic Iron Spider only has three legs. WTF? Why wasn't it four in the comic?
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:52 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:I didn't realize until now that the comic Iron Spider only has three legs. WTF? Why wasn't it four in the comic?
It was always 3. Im assuming to separate it from Ock looks

Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:59 pm

OhmaTime wrote:

Great pinless joints, making sure he has a boot/foot swivel....but back to no wall crawling hands, and back to ab crunch/swivel, and a disc hinge neck.

Which I know the retro body doesn't accomplish the waist ball, and dumbbell neck the best, but they should have tried to improve. Not go back to the hinges.

Disk Hinge neck is better, as least with the way the legends team has done barbell jointed necks.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:00 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
EnigmaticClarity wrote:I didn't realize until now that the comic Iron Spider only has three legs. WTF? Why wasn't it four in the comic?

I think the Scarlet Spiders had 4.
OhmaTime
HULK SMASH!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:02 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
OhmaTime wrote:

Disk Hinge neck is better, as least with the way the legends team has done barbell jointed necks.
Hence why they should improve it, not go back.

So many other companies do barbell necks as good or better than a hinge. I don't get why Legends can't get it down.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:03 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:

I think the Scarlet Spiders had 4.
Now those seemed to very by artist. I believe some did 3, some did 4

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:07 pm

Barbell neck imo is better in terms of range. Disk hinge is great if you only care about looking up, down, left and right but the barbell gives you extra emotion that brings these things a bit more to life.

The body I don't mind being how it is. D's video shows he can still get into pretty good deep-bend Spidey poses. I think they messed up a bit with the arms, though. They're missing a crucial hinge joint at the bend right before the base joint. Would help with both balance and more posing options using the arms themselves.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:29 pm

I'm glad we're seeing more neck hinges. The neck barbell is one of the crappiest joints I have ever dealt with in 20 years of Marvel Legends. Its ROM is terrible. Also, I never had the ball break off when popping the head off of a neck hinge. My No Way Home Spidey (the one with the gold chest spider) is now headless from simply trying to pop the head off as one can do with any other modern Marvel Legends. Being able to slightly tilt the head to an angle means nothing to me if he can barely look up and if the joint is going to be brittle as it was with NWH Spidey. Death to the neck barbell joint; long live the neck hinge!
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:30 pm

OhmaTime wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:02 pm
Stark Resilient wrote:
OhmaTime wrote:

Hence why they should improve it, not go back.

So many other companies do barbell necks as good or better than a hinge. I don't get why Legends can't get it down.
Probably Money. If they wont budget to give it articulation at the head and base of the neck, I'd much rather they just do the disk hinge.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics