2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 11228
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 am

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:31 pm

redkomic wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:13 pm
Mark_Bowen wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:56 pm
redkomic wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:02 am
Im think scorpion will just be a repaint non-shiny one without the green mask (even though the figure we got is accurate). I mean seriously why do people care so much about the animated look? I grew up with the cartoon as well but I don't think we should get that many figures from it.

I'd chalk it up to some people being more nostalgic than others. I'm like you, I grew up with SMtAS—in fact, it might have been my first exposure to my Spidey as a character—but I could not care less about getting figures for it. Where others see a beloved a childhood favorite, I see a pretty bad looking cartoon where everyone's outfits look terrible (poor Mary Jane!), the police carried ray guns, and nobody was ever allowed to throw a punch so Venom was constantly tossing Spider-Man.

Because this is the internet, I should probably clarify that my criticisms are solely of the show, not of the people who like and want to see figures made from it. I'm not any more “right” for my lack of nostalgia than they are for their surplus of it.

That all said, should they ever make a Mintsterio or Cyanisher, I might be persuaded into buying them just for the novelty of having such terrible looks. :lol:
Yes if you actually watch the show you would see it's one of the worst Adaptation of Spider-man yet. (Note: I absolutely love the show but there are some stuff that makes no sense).
Villains origins and purpose where changed. Chameleon for example was a russian, mute spy with a gizmo belt instead but being a Russian actor that uses masks.
There was also the fact that no character was allowed to wear Black because the Execs at Fox thought the color was too evil.
There the no guns policy or no punching. In a superhero show, no was allowed hit eachother?

People give out about all the changes the MCU makes but these were even worse.
eh... worst? absolutely not... 2nd best show? yes Spectacular is definitely the best.. but the 90s series is still better than everything else.. and a good chunk of the stories (like Xmen) are adaptations of the book.

If you want to look at bad spidey cartoons, look at everything that came before the 90s series and everything that came after spectacular. Now THOSE are pretty terrible in comparison.
User avatar
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 11228
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 am

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:42 pm

joedick wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:18 pm
=RickyLee= wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:32 am
...
The Toei / Hammond Spider-Man which I’m assuming will be one package with swappable parts is a dream come true if it pans out.
...
It sounds like it's either Hammond or Toei (likely Toei), depending on how you interpret the list. Someone with access to it can maybe shine some light here. At this point I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't seen the list :p
JoshuaKat wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:47 pm

I actually haven't bought a single Spidey from the NWH wave because that's how certain I am they'll release a better one soon.

My NWH display right now is literally JJJ, {redacted}, and Dr. Strange lol.
Sorry for being that guy and I know no harm was intended, but if everyone can be careful with spoilers at least til it hits streaming that would be appreciated. Lots of people can't or won't go to theatres right now (even if its box office says otherwise!). Cinemas are closed here, so even if I wanted to go see it, I can't.
unfortunately it's been a month since this massive film got released... it's been 32 days specifically. At this point i think most people would agree, if you don't want spoiled, you probably shouldn't be on social media. It's no ones business to police it for you at this point. Most online communities lift spoiler bans even after 2 weeks.
User avatar
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 11228
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 am

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:44 pm

Valo487 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:06 pm
sephiroth61787 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:30 pm
DREAMS DO COME TRUE! An ML Toei Spider-Man. F YEAH!!
I say this with absolutely no judgment, I’m genuinely curious, why was this something you wanted so much? I know of Toei Spider-Man but never really gave it much thought otherwise.
it's a smart move considering there's people who are fans of that show + comic buyers can also get them as he did shoe up in the Spider-verse comic storylines.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3197
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:46 pm

Japanese Spider-Man is a figure I also would be very into. He is just a cool variant. I am hoping there are parts to make him Nicholas Hammond Spider-Man as well. Then the wait for my Lou Ferrigno starts!
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5287
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:54 pm

So from some of the lists I'm seeing around, there's an Amazing Fantasy #15 Spider-man and a cartoon based Spider-man figure coming?

I'm guessing the cartoon Spider-man is a cell shaded repaint of the Retro Spider-man?

What's the thought on FA Spider-man? They can't use the Retro sculpt for that one can they? He's too buff for Amazing Fantasy. But they wouldn't go back to Pizza Spidey would they? Would we really get an all new sculpt?

Each year I swear I'm done with buying Spideys….and each year I somehow end up with another one.
User avatar
VonDoom62
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 991
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:57 am

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:08 pm

redkomic wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:13 pm
Yes if you actually watch the show you would see it's one of the worst Adaptation of Spider-man yet. (Note: I absolutely love the show but there are some stuff that makes no sense).
Villains origins and purpose where changed. Chameleon for example was a russian, mute spy with a gizmo belt instead but being a Russian actor that uses masks.
There was also the fact that no character was allowed to wear Black because the Execs at Fox thought the color was too evil.
There the no guns policy or no punching. In a superhero show, no was allowed hit eachother?

People give out about all the changes the MCU makes but these were even worse.
One of the worst adaptations of Spider-Man yet? I think that's a bit exaggerative since I wouldn't even say it's one of the worst Spider-Man cartoons yet. You want to see bad Spider-Man adaptations, check out the two most recent cartoons. Now THOSE are some of the worst Spider-Man adaptations yet.

I've been watching the '90s show lately and while it's got a lot of flaws, I can honestly say I still really enjoy it. I grew up after the cartoon stopped airing, so I just watched the same few episodes on DVD. That means I haven't watched the majority of it until now and I still liked most of the episodes I've seen recently, even the ones I missed out on as a kid.
User avatar
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 6155
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:09 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:28 pm
Collector4612 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:57 pm
Rektangular has another new video, rehashing a lot of what's been posted here and elsewhere, but it did have a few new bits. Supposedly we're getting a Bagman figure, which honestly is long overdue and I'm surprised it took this long, given we've had the F4 body for years now.
... and that would be the other target exclusive figure
you sure they're all target exclusive
User avatar
garrettlcustoms
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2455
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 7:34 am

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:14 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:28 pm
Collector4612 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:57 pm
Rektangular has another new video, rehashing a lot of what's been posted here and elsewhere, but it did have a few new bits. Supposedly we're getting a Bagman figure, which honestly is long overdue and I'm surprised it took this long, given we've had the F4 body for years now.
... and that would be the other target exclusive figure
you sure they're all target exclusive
Bombastic Bagman wears a Fantastic Four suit... the Fantastic Four wear blue...





(Maniacal save money live better laughter echoes ominously in the distance)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


User avatar
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1569
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:50 am

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:23 pm

I think they might put the first appearance Spider-Man on the miles ps5/spider armor body? I agree the retro version would be too big
User avatar
VonDoom62
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 991
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:57 am

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:27 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:54 pm
So from some of the lists I'm seeing around, there's an Amazing Fantasy #15 Spider-man and a cartoon based Spider-man figure coming?

I'm guessing the cartoon Spider-man is a cell shaded repaint of the Retro Spider-man?

What's the thought on FA Spider-man? They can't use the Retro sculpt for that one can they? He's too buff for Amazing Fantasy. But they wouldn't go back to Pizza Spidey would they? Would we really get an all new sculpt?

Each year I swear I'm done with buying Spideys….and each year I somehow end up with another one.
I wouldn't write off the possibility of them just making the figure on the Pizza Spidey mold. I think that maybe FA Spider-Man will use the limbs of the Pizza Spidey body, but then give it a new torso with extra articulation. Just like how the Retro mold uses the limbs of the Sunfire mold with a new torso.

Or they'll just straight up reuse the Pizza Spidey body with no changes. I thought we were done with it after the Retro body was introduced, but Spidey 2099 and Negative Zone Spidey tell me otherwise.
User avatar
Mark_Bowen
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: South-East Michigan
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:53 pm

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:39 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:54 pm
So from some of the lists I'm seeing around, there's an Amazing Fantasy #15 Spider-man and a cartoon based Spider-man figure coming?

I'm guessing the cartoon Spider-man is a cell shaded repaint of the Retro Spider-man?

What's the thought on FA Spider-man? They can't use the Retro sculpt for that one can they? He's too buff for Amazing Fantasy. But they wouldn't go back to Pizza Spidey would they? Would we really get an all new sculpt?

Each year I swear I'm done with buying Spideys….and each year I somehow end up with another one.
I think your guess is probably right about cartoon Spider-Man, though I'd personally rather it be the '60s cartoon one.

As for FA, the retro body might be too beefy to match the interiors, but it wouldn't be too far off from Kirby's buffer cover.
Image
Retro Spidey's even already got the Ditko head ready to be reused. Even if they don't end up using that body, I'd be really surprised if FA received any new sculpting, what with the plethora of medium base bodies Hasbro has accumulated.
User avatar
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Here. Right here. All the time.
Posts: 1008865
Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:29 pm

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:42 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:31 pm
If you want to look at bad spidey cartoons, look at everything that came before the 90s series and everything that came after spectacular. Now THOSE are pretty terrible in comparison.
You shut your damn mouth, besmirching Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5287
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:18 pm

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:54 pm

Mark_Bowen wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:39 pm
maverick10126 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:54 pm
So from some of the lists I'm seeing around, there's an Amazing Fantasy #15 Spider-man and a cartoon based Spider-man figure coming?

I'm guessing the cartoon Spider-man is a cell shaded repaint of the Retro Spider-man?

What's the thought on FA Spider-man? They can't use the Retro sculpt for that one can they? He's too buff for Amazing Fantasy. But they wouldn't go back to Pizza Spidey would they? Would we really get an all new sculpt?

Each year I swear I'm done with buying Spideys….and each year I somehow end up with another one.
I think your guess is probably right about cartoon Spider-Man, though I'd personally rather it be the '60s cartoon one.

As for FA, the retro body might be too beefy to match the interiors, but it wouldn't be too far off from Kirby's buffer cover.
Image
Retro Spidey's even already got the Ditko head ready to be reused. Even if they don't end up using that body, I'd be really surprised if FA received any new sculpting, what with the plethora of medium base bodies Hasbro has accumulated.
So they'd potentially just re-use the Retro body....with one of the heads it already comes with and call it a FA Spidey? What's the difference at that point? Paint the blue darker (almost black) and add the winged webbing? That seems like it would be a pretty weak release.

It would also be really weird to have this spidey and cartoon spidey out there at the same time. At that point they'd pretty much be two identical figures with different paint jobs and both probably be lesser versions of last years Spidey.

I'm not saying you're wrong btw. I'm just personally hoping that FA Spidey is an all new dedicated sculpt with all the extras. Even though FA isn't my favorite look, going all out on him feels like the proper way to celebrate the character for the 60th.
User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5587
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:41 am

RoboKillah wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:42 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:31 pm
If you want to look at bad spidey cartoons, look at everything that came before the 90s series and everything that came after spectacular. Now THOSE are pretty terrible in comparison.
You shut your damn mouth, besmirching Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.
I didn't even realize I had any dog in this until you brought that up. Yeah, that series was so great! My introduction to a lot of characters, including the X-Men.
User avatar
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: FwooshTeam Ladies Man.
Posts: 10635
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:42 am

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:21 am

Dorlando_calrissian wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:23 pm
I think they might put the first appearance Spider-Man on the miles ps5/spider armor body? I agree the retro version would be too big
It's... got very specific sculpted detail.

Maybe they'll bring back the teen body they put Ultimate Spider-Man on.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”