2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:32 am

redkomic wrote:Im think scorpion will just be a repaint non-shiny one without the green mask (even though the figure we got is accurate). I mean seriously why do people care so much about the animated look? I grew up with the cartoon as well but I don't think we should get that many figures from it.
Im not sure you realize this... but most 80s and 90s cartoons have a big enough fanbase to warrant modern day action figures of them. People tend to like to physically own what they watched growing up. Despite there also being other versions in other mediums

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

=RickyLee=
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

I think out of the leaks thus far I’m most excited for the Lizard. He’s a very sorely missing spot on my shelf.

I’m also very interested in seeing the Spidey variations. Amazing Fantasy 15 could be the Ditko Spider-Man we’ve been waiting for as well as a preview of the Romita/Kane/Andru Spidey we deserve.

The Toei / Hammond Spider-Man which I’m assuming will be one package with swappable parts is a dream come true if it pans out.

Hoping the Venom packed with whats-his-name doesn’t suck. May as well just use the movie body with new feet, new heads and the comic accurate chest logo.
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:57 pm

Rektangular has another new video, rehashing a lot of what's been posted here and elsewhere, but it did have a few new bits. Supposedly we're getting a Bagman figure, which honestly is long overdue and I'm surprised it took this long, given we've had the F4 body for years now. Additionally, he mentions a classic Spiderman wave, a Spiderverse 2 wave, an additional standalone comic Spiderman character that he doesn't know details for yet, and possibly a Spider Slayer. I'm sure one of these is supposed to be the wave we've seen in the list for later this fall, but I don't know if we can get both with as packed as the year is. As always, time will tell.
Mark_Bowen
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:56 pm

redkomic wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:02 am
Im think scorpion will just be a repaint non-shiny one without the green mask (even though the figure we got is accurate). I mean seriously why do people care so much about the animated look? I grew up with the cartoon as well but I don't think we should get that many figures from it.

I'd chalk it up to some people being more nostalgic than others. I'm like you, I grew up with SMtAS—in fact, it might have been my first exposure to my Spidey as a character—but I could not care less about getting figures for it. Where others see a beloved a childhood favorite, I see a pretty bad looking cartoon where everyone's outfits look terrible (poor Mary Jane!), the police carried ray guns, and nobody was ever allowed to throw a punch so Venom was constantly tossing Spider-Man.

Because this is the internet, I should probably clarify that my criticisms are solely of the show, not of the people who like and want to see figures made from it. I'm not any more “right” for my lack of nostalgia than they are for their surplus of it.

That all said, should they ever make a Mintsterio or Cyanisher, I might be persuaded into buying them just for the novelty of having such terrible looks. :lol:
redkomic
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:13 pm

Mark_Bowen wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:56 pm
redkomic wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:02 am
Im think scorpion will just be a repaint non-shiny one without the green mask (even though the figure we got is accurate). I mean seriously why do people care so much about the animated look? I grew up with the cartoon as well but I don't think we should get that many figures from it.

I'd chalk it up to some people being more nostalgic than others. I'm like you, I grew up with SMtAS—in fact, it might have been my first exposure to my Spidey as a character—but I could not care less about getting figures for it. Where others see a beloved a childhood favorite, I see a pretty bad looking cartoon where everyone's outfits look terrible (poor Mary Jane!), the police carried ray guns, and nobody was ever allowed to throw a punch so Venom was constantly tossing Spider-Man.

Because this is the internet, I should probably clarify that my criticisms are solely of the show, not of the people who like and want to see figures made from it. I'm not any more “right” for my lack of nostalgia than they are for their surplus of it.

That all said, should they ever make a Mintsterio or Cyanisher, I might be persuaded into buying them just for the novelty of having such terrible looks. :lol:
Yes if you actually watch the show you would see it's one of the worst Adaptation of Spider-man yet. (Note: I absolutely love the show but there are some stuff that makes no sense).
Villains origins and purpose where changed. Chameleon for example was a russian, mute spy with a gizmo belt instead but being a Russian actor that uses masks.
There was also the fact that no character was allowed to wear Black because the Execs at Fox thought the color was too evil.
There the no guns policy or no punching. In a superhero show, no was allowed hit eachother?

People give out about all the changes the MCU makes but these were even worse.
sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:30 pm

DREAMS DO COME TRUE! An ML Toei Spider-Man. F YEAH!!

Great list otherwise. I'm thinking the Venom that comes with Knull may have wings that you can swap between either figure.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:36 pm

Spectacular Spider-Man was the best Spidey cartoon. Just gotta wait another 20 years for those looks to his the nostalgia sweet spot I guess.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:17 pm

Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends is my favorite Spidey cartoon. And I’m fully aware of it’s shortcomings. I’m still waiting for a three-pack with a proper Iceman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joedick
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:18 pm

=RickyLee= wrote:
The Toei / Hammond Spider-Man which I’m assuming will be one package with swappable parts is a dream come true if it pans out.
It sounds like it's either Hammond or Toei (likely Toei), depending on how you interpret the list. Someone with access to it can maybe shine some light here. At this point I feel like I'm the only one who hasn't seen the list :p
JoshuaKat wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:47 pm

I actually haven't bought a single Spidey from the NWH wave because that's how certain I am they'll release a better one soon.

My NWH display right now is literally JJJ, {redacted}, and Dr. Strange lol.
Sorry for being that guy and I know no harm was intended, but if everyone can be careful with spoilers at least til it hits streaming that would be appreciated. Lots of people can't or won't go to theatres right now (even if its box office says otherwise!). Cinemas are closed here, so even if I wanted to go see it, I can't.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:59 pm

maverick10126 wrote:
Spectacular Spider-Man was the best Spidey cartoon. Just gotta wait another 20 years for those looks to his the nostalgia sweet spot I guess.
Yep. Maybe the best Spidey *anything*.
Valo487
CROM!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:06 pm

sephiroth61787 wrote:
I say this with absolutely no judgment, I’m genuinely curious, why was this something you wanted so much? I know of Toei Spider-Man but never really gave it much thought otherwise.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:08 pm

aceofknaves wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:59 pm
maverick10126 wrote:
Yep. Maybe the best Spidey *anything*.
Not maybe
sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:15 pm

Valo487 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:06 pm
sephiroth61787 wrote:
I say this with absolutely no judgment, I’m genuinely curious, why was this something you wanted so much? I know of Toei Spider-Man but never really gave it much thought otherwise.
It combines the two things I enjoy the most: Spider-Man and Tokusatsu. Without Toei's Spider-Man, there very well may be no Megazords in Power Rangers (or even Voltron for that matter). Leopardon originated the giant robot battle concept that was carried over into Super Sentai.

I have the Figuarts of Toei Spider-Man, but will gladly get this too. It's poetic that Hasbro will be releasing it considering they have the license for Marvel and now own Power Rangers.
Valo487
CROM!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:18 pm

I saw some discussion of the connection on the Toys That Made Us episode about Power Rangers, that was the majority I had ever heard about Toei Spider-Man, it never occurred to me that they would make him but it’s a cool idea for a variation on the red and blue.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:28 pm

Collector4612 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:57 pm
Rektangular has another new video, rehashing a lot of what's been posted here and elsewhere, but it did have a few new bits. Supposedly we're getting a Bagman figure, which honestly is long overdue and I'm surprised it took this long, given we've had the F4 body for years now.
... and that would be the other target exclusive figure

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”