2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:22 am

So psyched for this figure. It has been at the top of my wishlist for so long and now that it’s been revealed I don’t even know what to ask for any more.

Saw some people talking about waist swivel? Is this not a repaint of the retro buck??
VeganDiet
Super Poseable

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:34 am

I think a a new Venom on the same body they did the cel-shading on is almost certain for next year, along with a deluxe Rhino. I hope a Doc Ock is coming, along with a first appearance Spidey with the black instead of blue coloring. Would skip a classic Spidey as I have the retro one, but still hope one gets put out for those that missed out
VonDoom62
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:49 am

Dorlando_calrissian wrote:
So psyched for this figure. It has been at the top of my wishlist for so long and now that it’s been revealed I don’t even know what to ask for any more.

Saw some people talking about waist swivel? Is this not a repaint of the retro buck??
It's definitely not the retro body since you can see a waist cut plain as day in this image.

I also took note that it's pinless, which is really interesting. I'm not sure what mold this could be. Sunfire is my best guess, with new pinless joints.
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:05 am

VonDoom62 wrote:

It's definitely not the retro body since you can see a waist cut plain as day in this image.

I also took note that it's pinless, which is really interesting. I'm not sure what mold this could be. Sunfire is my best guess, with new pinless joints.
If that is the case I find that so odd. Why not do the retro?
VonDoom62
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:08 am

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:05 am
VonDoom62 wrote:

If that is the case I find that so odd. Why not do the retro?
Beats me. I can only guess that between the big spider legs and the extra engineering required for the retro body, it wouldn't cost out. Or maybe the Retro body molds will be too busy casting other figures that'll be released for this line.
Yarlick
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:57 am

I wouldn't mind to get a Spidey figure with a "torso" swivel and a waist cut...
But yeah...that Pinless body...I wonder what took them so long to do a pinless body when import companies have been doing it for at least a decade...
Rolo
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:14 am

VonDoom62 wrote:

If that's the Sunfire mold at least they changed those awful arms and from the looks of It,they also improved the Range of the hips.

kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:59 am

Definitely getting that Iron Spider but for me he’ll be my Michael Van Patrick clone as I loved the characters in Avengers The Initiative and would like to see that team represented better, especially Komodo and Justice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:44 pm

kailryu wrote:Definitely getting that Iron Spider but for me he’ll be my Michael Van Patrick clone as I loved the characters in Avengers The Initiative and would like to see that team represented better, especially Komodo and Justice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I loved that series.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:46 pm

You know what would look great with this amazing Iron Spider? Extremis Iron Man.

2022. Do me right.
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:55 pm

You know what would be better?

They release Iron Patriot w/a new Extremis armor body first, then they do Iron Man. :lol:

They could then release a classic Hawkeye w/ the extra Dark Hawkeye head and we're off to starting a proper Dark Avengers team with modern figures.

Retro black Spidey is #1
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:57 pm

kantboy2 wrote:You know what would be better?

They release Iron Patriot w/a new Extremis armor body first, then they do Iron Man. :lol:

They could then release a classic Hawkeye w/ the extra Dark Hawkeye head and we're off to starting a proper Dark Avengers team with modern figures.

Retro black Spidey is #1
I’ll die on the hill that DA Hawkeye is not close enough to regular Hawkeye to release as a head swap. I still dislike the Heroic Age one because it’s not accurate to anything. The webgear and arm guards should be different from classic, WCA, Dark Reign, and Heroic Age.
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:03 pm

I swear I saw a classic Hawkeye drawing that looked just like Dark Hawkeye; main differences were the cowl (the most obvious) and he had one less quiver strap on the costume = the overlay they would put on the regular body.

I'll see if I can find it.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:04 pm

VonDoom62 wrote:

The final figure better not be missing the thigh cut. I think the renders just omit it, for some reason.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:12 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:04 pm
The final figure better not be missing the thigh cut. I think the renders just omit it, for some reason.
If I squint, I think I can kinda see them. I'm sure they're there. It'd be insane if Hasbro released a figure in 2022 without thigh swivels.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”