2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Valo487
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 Spider-man line and 60th Spidey

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:27 am

I assume that’s the Harry Osborn version.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:29 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:18 am
Prophet924 wrote:How is Green Goblin on a list of Forgotten Spider-Man Foes?

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think you mean grey goblin

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Green Goblin is on there as well.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:30 am

Valo487 wrote:I assume that’s the Harry Osborn version.
Grey goblin is Gabriel stacy

Mark_Bowen
Customized

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:30 am

renfield75 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:07 am
Mark_Bowen wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:19 pm
I think I'd prefer to see them spread the love around. We're celebrating the 60th anniversary of Spider-Man, not the 10th! So pull from all six decades! Give me Mendel Stromm and Man-Mountain Marko, but also give me Big Wheel and White Dragon, Black Fox and Foreigner, Kaine and Calpyso, and Panda-Mania, Hippo, and Kindred!
Exactly! Spidey has such a long, rich, diverse history...a 60th anniversary wave is the perfect time to sneak in an offbeat choice or two. Because if it's just a slightly re-decoed Kraven or Doc Ock with a dozen variations of Peter and Ben Reilly and Eddie Brock then that will be a big skip for a LOT of comic collectors. They don't have to go to the Mind-Worm (not that I wouldn't love him) but someone like Sin-Eater or Carrion would be perfect for this.

Also, whatever anyone may think of the finale of the story, Kindred would make an awesome figure.
I couldn't agree more! The Armadillo wave has been like manna from heaven to me despite being half figures I'm not interested in; when it gets me three all-new Spidey villains (from three different decades, to boot!), I really can't complain! (It don't hurt that the integrated suit S-M is one fun, snazzy figure, too.) Before that, it felt like we were in a bit of a drought as far as not-previously-made villains go.

If they do end up making Kindred, I wouldn't mind if they pulled a Psylocke on it and gave us a running-change to put out both colored versions of Kindred. (Spoilered for recent ASM spoilers.)
Spoiler! :
VonDoom62 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:37 am
Warning! FRAT! :
renfield75 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:07 am
Mark_Bowen wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:19 pm
I think I'd prefer to see them spread the love around. We're celebrating the 60th anniversary of Spider-Man, not the 10th! So pull from all six decades! Give me Mendel Stromm and Man-Mountain Marko, but also give me Big Wheel and White Dragon, Black Fox and Foreigner, Kaine and Calpyso, and Panda-Mania, Hippo, and Kindred!
Exactly! Spidey has such a long, rich, diverse history...a 60th anniversary wave is the perfect time to sneak in an offbeat choice or two. Because if it's just a slightly re-decoed Kraven or Doc Ock with a dozen variations of Peter and Ben Reilly and Eddie Brock then that will be a big skip for a LOT of comic collectors. They don't have to go to the Mind-Worm (not that I wouldn't love him) but someone like Sin-Eater or Carrion would be perfect for this.

Also, whatever anyone may think of the finale of the story, Kindred would make an awesome figure.
I think that the Kindred arc dragged on way too long and the finale soured me on a run I really loved up until about the halfway point, but I don't know if I could resist a figure if Hasbro made one. Really does have a toyetic design.
Speaking of Spencer's run, I'd really like to see a potential Sin-Eater come with a zombie head.

He only appeared in a couple panels like this before being promptly forgotten, but it's SUCH a cool look.

Good call! There were a few alt heads I forgot to add, and that was one of them. It's since been added in!
blobfrombeyond wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:44 am
The only ASM figure we all need:
Classic Beetle in purple & green with big metal-looking wings and three fingered suction-tipped hands.

I predict much wailing and gnashing of teeth if Beetle mk. I ever comes out; that costume was always getting colored differently.

Valo487 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:43 am
I’ll take everyone on the Forgotten Foes picture. They can’t all fit into one wave but I’ll give them time as long as they start soon.
My man! :)

Prophet924 wrote: How is Green Goblin on a list of Forgotten Spider-Man Foes?
I was hoping somebody would ask that! The answer: that's Harry, and we've only gotten Normans. I meant to include an alt head for that one, too. To my mind, Norm's costume should be more magenta, whereas Harry's is purple. And a Buscema head is a must!

Valo487 wrote:I assume that’s the Harry Osborn version.
Ding ding ding! Give this poster a No-Prize!
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:31 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:18 am
Prophet924 wrote:How is Green Goblin on a list of Forgotten Spider-Man Foes?

Thwipp!

I think you mean grey goblin

Green Goblin is on there as well.
Haha omg I feel stupid, I kept missing him, I apologize to all

Haha.

I also think of Harry's goblin as more lime green

StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:47 am

With the Harry Osborn version of the Green Goblin, maybe they could toss in an alternate Bart Hamilton head with him. I also hope we'll get a classic Mysterio re-release one day with alternate heads of Quentin Beck and Daniel Berkhart. As much as I love the Retro Mysterio, I hope the next release fixes his helmet and cape.
Mark_Bowen
Customized

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:09 am

StuartGreen83 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:47 am
With the Harry Osborn version of the Green Goblin, maybe they could toss in an alternate Bart Hamilton head with him. I also hope we'll get a classic Mysterio re-release one day with alternate heads of Quentin Beck and Daniel Berkhart. As much as I love the Retro Mysterio, I hope the next release fixes his helmet and cape.

After Hamilton, a Norman head with a little life in it has got to be next in line. (I know, I know; you can count on one hand how many figures come with 3 heads, and none of them also come with goblin gliders and pumpkin bombs. Still, a guy can dream!)

It's a little crazy that between two Mysterios we've gotten zero actual Quentin Beck heads. He, like a lot of Spidey villains, has a pretty distinct out-of-costume look, with his Moe Howard haircut. When they do eventually get around to taking another crack at Mysterio (with the colors of the first release and the opaque helmet of the retro, if it were up to me), that's what I hope to find under the fishbowl.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of unmasked heads, you know who really needs one? Miles Warren. Whether it comes with Carrion or another Jackal, I don't care. Just so long as we get one. That drama queen was always taking his mask off.
VeganDiet
Super Poseable

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:33 am

You could probably fudge the Hood’s head as Quentin Beck. Shame he’s screaming, but I tend to assume an unmasked Mysterio is one who’s freaking out right before his lights get punched out, so maybe it still works
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:43 am

I did wonder (or saw mentioned elsewhere) if the Netflix Punisher might be a good head swap for Beck. You’d need to paint over the stubble and scars (unless you want it to be post Spidey beatdown), but the face isn’t a bad match.

Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:58 am

Spider-Man India
Beetle {1st app.}
Cardiac
Princess Python
Gibbon
Mr. Negative

BAF: Stegron
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:08 am

The Joseph Wade Scarlet Spider, and Steel Spider, or his earlier name, Spider-Kid, would be sweet to see in toy, too. :D
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:00 pm

So I guess I’m the only one using retro Green Goblin as Norman and the Sandman wave one as Harry?
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:47 pm

september_death wrote:
So I guess I’m the only one using retro Green Goblin as Norman and the Sandman wave one as Harry?

I still use the old TB Sinister Six Goblin (with a swapped out glider) as my Harry.

(This is going to make NORM cringe)
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:04 pm

sepster wrote:
september_death wrote:

I still use the old TB Sinister Six Goblin (with a swapped out glider) as my Harry.

(This is going to make NORM cringe)
I never had that one, but the eye lenses are a nice, version 2.0 vibe.

Spidey has the most ToyBiz figures left in my display (Hobgoblin, Sandman, Shocker, FF Rhino, and FF Lizard). Two of those have preorders that will replace them, and hoping to see the FF figures get updates in the next year. Hobgoblin continues to be a challenge with the underwhelming retro figure.

For some reason, I also have kept most of the TB Spidey rogues. That ML13 Goblin is hard to let go of, and I still have all of my Sinister Six figures TB did.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:28 pm

I think FF Rhino holds up in ways that most Toy Biz figures don't.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”