2021 Pulsecon Hopes & Predictions

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Pulsecon Hopes & Predictions

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:19 pm

Enforcer wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:04 pm
e-rock wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:45 pm
I also think people are going to walk away disappointed. I don't think we are getting anything like the old school SDCC presentations or Toy Fair or anything like that. Going to be much smaller
We also get so many annual releases which are mostly teased/revealed throughout the year which is sort of a new thing as of 2020. Some just drop without warning. People seem to make up in their own minds how much should be shown monthly and the during special events like this to not constitute a disappointment.

No matter what Hasbro does people will be disappointed and upset. And be very vocal about it. It's usually the same voices around here and I suspect their anger and frustration has less to do with the figures and more to do with... well... you know.
there's been a few people ragging Dan on facebook today about his "low expectations remark" i'm like... please, you'd be the same people complaining that they didn't show enough and you set your hopes too high.

people are ridiculous
StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:51 pm

I’d love it if we could go back to the good old days when we had Toy Fair & SDCC to look forward to for lots of reveals and first looks at figures. I find it more disappointing to have many Fan First Mon-Fri’s than to see everything at once. Getting multiple reveals at once softened the disappointment at those events, cause you have those few reveals make it all worthwhile.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:36 pm

Hope: More Iron Man!

Prediction: More Iron Man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:52 pm

“Oo-hoo. The Great Carnac predicts we will see: Spidey, Wolvie, and Itony.”

“Spidey, Wolvie, and Irony?”

“Yep. Irony, and a whole lot of complaining fanboys.”

“Complaining about getting new figures?”

“That’s the Irony.”
Crusher Creel
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:34 pm

StuartGreen83 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:49 pm

What do you guys think?

Your wish list is tremendous! Many no-brainers, I'd bet the comic figure crowd (myself among them) would love if they used this list for a blueprint over the next couple of years.
StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:29 am

Crusher Creel wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:34 pm
StuartGreen83 wrote:

What do you guys think?

Your wish list is tremendous! Many no-brainers, I'd bet the comic figure crowd (myself among them) would love if they used this list for a blueprint over the next couple of years.
This reply seriously made my day. Thank you, Crusher Creel. I know there are some I forgot to mention (like Constrictor, classic Falcon, Mole Man, brown jumpsuit Merged/Professor Hulk, classic Stunner, red-and-black classic costume Wasp, and a sold-separately classic White Queen) that also need updating, could be first-time-ever figures and/or could be re-released for those unable to get the previous release as a separate figure, Build-A-Figure, store exclusive or whatever, but I tried to list as many as I could that would be fun to buy for new and old collectors. I look forward to seeing what Hasbro ends up revealing on Saturday.

I hope you all are having a great night and stay safe, everyone.
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:02 am

Hope: A hot tub time machine back to pre-pandemic era Marvel Legends reveals.

Prediction: More pandemic era Marvel Legends reveals.
MLNUT
CROM!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:18 am

StuartGreen83 wrote:
I am terrible at predictions, but I'll give it a try anyway:

As for characters I'm hoping for, these are the characters I hope that the Marvel Legends team at Hasbro have.

- Xorn. Everyone wants to see some of the Grant Morrison era X-Men figures, so why not start with Xorn?[/spoiler]
Great list EXCEPT for Morrison X-men figures. EVERYONE does not want this.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:02 am

StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:05 am

MLNUT wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:18 am
StuartGreen83 wrote:
I am terrible at predictions, but I'll give it a try anyway:

As for characters I'm hoping for, these are the characters I hope that the Marvel Legends team at Hasbro have.

- Xorn. Everyone wants to see some of the Grant Morrison era X-Men figures, so why not start with Xorn?[/spoiler]
Great list EXCEPT for Morrison X-men figures. EVERYONE does not want this.
I should've written "a lot of fans want to see some of the Grant Morrison era X-Men figures". My error. To be honest, I never got into the Grant Morrison New X-Men era either and I wasn't a fan of the X-uniforms that the team wore, but I do admit that Xorn was a cool looking character.
panther10
has a big doo-doo head and stupid face

2021 Pulsecon Hopes & Predictions

Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:32 am

My one hope is now that we are two waves into X-Men AoA, I hope we get a slight offshoot of that wave. There were several characters in AoA that were either merged into the 616 universe or who were in some kind of comic book spin off like Exiles. And I think it would be really cool if Hasbro could start universe building and diverging those figures into their own separate branch of legends.

For Nate Grey we could get Threnody, Jackknife, Goblin Queen (Or Madeline Pryor), Blockbuster, Arclight, Vertigo, Jam, Marita and Bux, Blauqsmith, Havok (90’ black costume with the red gauntlets, Aurora (90’s version) a rerelease of Purple Man and either a Shaman or civilian look for Nate

For Characters like Blink, AoA Sabretooth, Morph and Spider-Man 2099 we can cap off the rest of the Exiles team with Thunderbird, Nocturne and Mimic.

Surgarman, Dark Beast and hopefully Nemesis will be able to fit in as generic 90’s villains but I hope the potential is there to keep this ball moving forward even after the AoA theme itself has run its course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jead
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:54 am

Hope for every main cosmic character to get the figure they deserve. Starlin Adam Warlock, Gamora and Pip. Quasar and Mar-Vell finally get quality figures.

Predict Infinity Gauntlet Warlock, Wonder Man with the jacket, Speedball, and that my wallet will be safe.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:08 am

My only hopes are some good Spider-Man related reveals like a retro Lizard, a new comic Venom utilizing the Omega Red body, or a tease for Raimi Spidey stuff. Well, those, and also a new Baron Zemo. I don't think there's a ML I want more badly than a new Helmut Zemo.

I'm not good at predictions but I'll predict a Retro Rhino or Lizard since them revealing the teased deluxe retro figure seems like a safe bet.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:08 am

StuartGreen83 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:05 am
I should've written "a lot of fans want to see some of the Grant Morrison era X-Men figures". My error. To be honest, I never got into the Grant Morrison New X-Men era either and I wasn't a fan of the X-uniforms that the team wore, but I do admit that Xorn was a cool looking character.
I bought the comics as I was a completionist at the time, but I too never liked the costumes, thought most of the art was bland and subpar, thought Beast's turning into a cat was stupid, and particularly hated the needless inclusion of Emma Frost solely for the purpose of breaking up Scott and Jean. There were a few fill in artists here and there I liked, but it was mostly about Morrison, who made it widely known he didn't like the X-Men, rewriting them into being what he himself wanted. Xorn was more interesting than Xavier's evil twin for me. I was more interested in X-treme X-Men which still had "normal" looking Beast for a few additional months and the part of the team that was still allowed some color in their costumes. Plus I always thought Salvador Larocca made a cool looking Gambit and Psylocke. I'm sure they'll become figures eventually, but I'd likely only get Jean in her long sleeve thermal top look.

docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:23 am

Predicting comics stuff only because they won't want to reveal if there's any multiverse stuff from the upcoming films. Other than that though I have no idea.

Hopes: I'm in this weird place where I'm super happy with the flow of Legends coming in, so I'm really not worried. Pleasantly curious about what they reveal. My only true hope is that we finally get a Banshee. Would love to see more New Warriors but i doubt that'd be a Pulsecon thing.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”