2021 Pulsecon Hopes & Predictions

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2021 Pulsecon Hopes & Predictions

Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:04 pm

e-rock wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:45 pm
I also think people are going to walk away disappointed. I don't think we are getting anything like the old school SDCC presentations or Toy Fair or anything like that. Going to be much smaller
We also get so many annual releases which are mostly teased/revealed throughout the year which is sort of a new thing as of 2020. Some just drop without warning. People seem to make up in their own minds how much should be shown monthly and the during special events like this to not constitute a disappointment.

No matter what Hasbro does people will be disappointed and upset. And be very vocal about it. It's usually the same voices around here and I suspect their anger and frustration has less to do with the figures and more to do with... well... you know.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:06 pm

Predict - a lot of teases and a few actual reveals:
X-Men wave - Syrin reveal, which will lead into a Banshee tease "maybe someday", "you never know"...
Avengers wave Blue Marvel & Quake reveals, which will lead into a female SHIELD Agent army builder tease "hmmm that would be a great idea..."
Walgreens wave 1st reveal (predicting Defenders figures starting with classic comic Valkyrie to coincide with Thor: Love and Thunder)
X-Men Animated - 1 figure reveal
Spidey 60th anniversary - 1 figure reveal
Disney + wave tease
Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness comic figure tease "It was such a 'nightmare' to work on this wave..."
Agatha Harkness tease or reveal
Fan Channel classic Scarlet Witch, Vision and one more (maybe Zemo) reveals to go with Lady Loki
20th anniversary reveals - a few of those (Toad, Hawkeye & skycycle, followed up by Influencer reveals the following weeks for Iron Man and Hulk)

Hope:
Avengers 60th anniversary (2023) tease
Cosmic wave tease maybe Adam Warlock, Moondragon and Howard the Duck by Harding Studios
Dracula and Werewolf By Night by Harding Studios
20th Anniversary classic Luke Cage and Iron Fist 2-pack by Harding Studios

Check out Harding Studios on Instagram. Some of his posted artwork has actually been revealed as actual Marvel Legends figures - Frankie Raye, classic Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer.
https://www.instagram.com/hardingstudios/
Crusher Creel
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:58 pm

Wow, that Harding stuff is incredible, particularly the Dracula and Werewolf by Night. I'd love to see a N'Kantu The Living Mummy in the same style and all three would be automatic purchases if converted to ML figures. Do I predict it? No. Do I hope for it? Hell yeah!

Also hoping for more villains! The last couple of years we've gotten more than ever before but there are still so many first-timers and updates needed. I'd love a 2nd Bring On The Bad Guys wave including Wrecker, Baron Zemo, Melter, Avalanche, Constrictor and a few surprises with a BAF Zzzax and on the side a deluxe Absorbing Man. Also hoping to see all new retro card Rhino and Lizard. The only ones I predict to be revealed this week are Baron Zemo and Rhino.
joedick
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:21 pm

JayC did a stream last night and reiterated that the Pulse Con stream isn't going to be on the level of past SDCC/Toy Fair panels. He said 6 figures will be shown that will go up for pre-order (not including any potential exclusives). It's possible more will be revealed to go up for PO at a later date.

He seemed to confirm what many suspected: that the anniversary line will include the 4 series 1 figures, though he doesn't know specifics. I don't think he knew if they would be revealed at PC but I don't recall exactly.

Some had been suggesting that this will be the late summer/early fall program they do every year now, which makes it seem odd that it's only four figs, though I guess Jay never said if there would be more beyond those 4, and those programs always have exclusives which he wouldn't have access to. It's also possible that it's just its own four figure wave and (most likely) the spidey anniversary is the fall program - it would make sense as I doubt we'd get the cap reveal this early if it was for next fall.
SymbiSpidey
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:44 pm

Honestly, not much room for me to be disappointed. They already revealed my #1 with Classic Strange. I'd like Banshee, but don't expect to see him here. And Toad is one that should definitely be shown soon-ish.

Outside of that, I'm moreso just curious to see what we're getting.
usc971
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:31 pm

gonna predict no new original characters. More Avengers more spider-man more X-men variations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:05 pm

Predictions- one wave shown, 20th anniversary figures shown, a few teases.

Hopes:

X-Men animated Retro cards full wave; Safari Prof X, Morph, Cyclops, Cable, Stryfe, Sabretooth

Legendary Riders - Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, Spirits of Vengeance Johnny Blaze, Hawkeye w/Air Cycle, Overdrive w/Tech Bike, Spider-Man w/Spider-Buggy, Modular War Machine w/Rocket and War Destroyer, Modular Iron Man (comic colors) w/Rocket and Photon Cannon, Living Brain w/Spider-Ham

Retro card West Coast Avengers wave - Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Wonder Man, Dr. Pym, Shroud, Graviton
renfield75
CROM!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:12 pm

joedick wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:21 pm
JayC did a stream last night and reiterated that the Pulse Con stream isn't going to be on the level of past SDCC/Toy Fair panels. He said 6 figures will be shown that will go up for pre-order (not including any potential exclusives). It's possible more will be revealed to go up for PO at a later date.
Wonder which 6 figures will go up for preorder? A BAF wave (the rumored X-Men or Avengers) or maybe a retro set? If it's either of the X-Men or Avengers classics waves then I'm cool with that. We don't know what the BAFs are so hopefully at least one gets revealed.

EDIT: Never mind, just remembered each of those waves are rumored to have 7 figures in them so that wouldn't be the pre-order. Anything else we know about?
joedick
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:16 pm

kantboy2 wrote:

Hopes:

X-Men animated Retro cards full wave; Safari Prof X, Morph, Cyclops, Cable, Stryfe, Sabretooth

Legendary Riders - Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, Spirits of Vengeance Johnny Blaze, Hawkeye w/Air Cycle, Overdrive w/Tech Bike, Spider-Man w/Spider-Buggy, Modular War Machine w/Rocket and War Destroyer, Modular Iron Man (comic colors) w/Rocket and Photon Cannon, Living Brain w/Spider-Ham

Retro card West Coast Avengers wave - Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Wonder Man, Dr. Pym, Shroud, Graviton
I suspect those iconic avengers characters in classic looks will continue to be single releases. Why sell a store a case of six characters when you could sell them a case of each one individually?
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:22 pm

Maybe 4x 20th Anniv go on sale, plus the two exclusives?

If the exclusives aren't counted in the tally, maybe two more retro singles. Like the rumored Dlx Rhino and/or an X-Men Animated inspired figure, due to the panelists.
Jacguitarist
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:39 pm

The only thing I really really hope for is some kind of confirmation that we're getting Raimi/Tobey trilogy figures.
That's the main thing I want. Everything else is just a bonus.

Though I am curious if having people that worked on X-Men: the animated series on the panel is implying we'll finally get some figures based strictly on the show...not loose interpretations or more leaning towards Lee's work. Just actual, definitive animated series figures. I would be STOKED.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:47 pm

Hope: Count Nefaria

Prediction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQeezCdF4mk
StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:49 pm

I am terrible at predictions, but I'll give it a try anyway:
- A full wave reveal/pre-order. I assume it'll be for the X-Men or the Marvel Legends 20th anniversary wave.
- Possible reveal of the rest of the Retro Marvel Super Heroes wave to go with Falcon, Lady Loki and Loki. Since Scarlet Witch and Vision were mentioned in the description, perhaps they are part of the wave?
- Something Spider-Man related, probably at least one Retro Fan Channel reveal. Since the second 'No Way Home' trailer isn't out yet, I doubt we'll see anything related to the new movie until November or so. I could be wrong (and I usually am). Maybe it's the rumored Walmart Exclusive figure of the Lizard?
- Teasing an "X-Men: The Animated Series" Retro wave or two Retro X-Men Target Exclusive figures, since Eric and Julia Lewald will be there and David Nakayama, the artist of the Target Exclusive Retro Rogue and Retro Gambit figures, will be there too.
- Comic book costume U.S. Agent, either as a Retro Marvel Super Heroes figure or part of another Avengers wave.

As for characters I'm hoping for, these are the characters I hope that the Marvel Legends team at Hasbro have on their radar for 2022 or 2023. I've put my wish-list in spoilers to keep the page from getting too long.
Spoiler! :
- Classic Absorbing Man with his ball-and-chain. He's been an enemy of the Hulk, Spider-Man and Thor and all of them celebrate their 60th anniversaries in 2022, so why not make a new Absorbing Man figure next year for one of their waves?
- Avalanche. If we're getting Toad next year, we need more of the Brotherhood too and he's been on Top 10 lists for the past few years.
- Doctor Robert Bruce Banner. The Hulk celebrates his 60th anniversary next year, so why not have a classic lab coat Bruce Banner that has multiple heads, one with glasses and one angry with green eyes for "Hulk out" effect?
- Banshee. I highly doubt it, but never say never. I'd love to see his Giant Size green-and-yellow suit or his Jim Lee era blue-and-yellow suit. Heck, I'll even take his Generation X era suit!
- Blue furry Beast with the alternate smiling head. If we do get a Retro X-Men animated series wave, it'd be the perfect spot to re-sell Beast.
- Classic Luke Cage. Who wouldn't want to see Luke Cage get a Retro release in his classic Power Man costume?
- Captain Marvel II. Since Monica Rambeau was on "WandaVision" and will be joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe in 'The Marvels', why not make a toy of her classic comic book costume?
- Cyclops in his '70s costume or his '90s/Jim Lee X-Men Blue Team costume, with a new head sculpt and an optic blast. I really want both since I missed out on buying both versions.
- Colossus in his '90s/Jim Lee era X-Men Gold Team costume.
- Classic red costume Daredevil. He's long overdue for an update.
- Doctor Octopus with bendable wire tentacles. They could do either a new green-and-orange costume update or the white Armani suit that Doc Ock will wear again during "The Amazing Spider-Man: Beyond" comic book storyline. I'm hopeful we'll see Doc Ock for either the Spider-Man 60th anniversary wave or in 2023 for Doc Ock's own 60th anniversary year.
- Jean Grey in her '90s Jim Lee X-Men Gold Team uniform. I could see Jean getting a re-release as a solo figure if we get a new X-Men animated series wave. Maybe toss in some new accessories and alternate heads to make it different from the previous release.
- '90s Jim Lee Jubilee. Jubilee was hard to find in the Caliban wave, and since she was in the '90s X-Men cartoon, why not have her re-released in an animated Retro wave with a new alternate smiling head and fireworks blasts accessories?
- Classic Kaine. He hasn't had a new figure in years, so I hope he gets an upgraded Marvel Legends figure.
- Orange-and-black costume Leader. Who wouldn't want a figure of the Leader with the giant "Jiffy Pop" brain?
- Classic red-and-purple costume Magneto, for the same reasons as Jean.
- First appearance Mary Jane Watson. We got Mary Jane's head in the Retro Spider-Man wave's Gwen Stacy figure, now we need a proper M.J. figure.
- Aunt May Parker. Since Spider-Man celebrates his 60th anniversary next year, what better time than to release a new figure of Spidey's Aunt May?
- Classic Ms. Marvel. I'd love to see an updated figure of Carol Danvers in her original costume.
- Classic Mystique that's not a Walgreens exclusive.
- Ringmaster. It's hard to believe he's never gotten his own figure. Maybe he could get a Retro Marvel Super Heroes or Retro Spider-Man Fan Channel release?
- Rhino. Hasbro knows that fans want a new classic Rhino figure, so maybe we'll see him in the near future?
- '80s green-and-white costume Rogue. It's unlikely, yeah, but I'd love to see Rogue in her original X-Men uniform.
- Sabretooth, either in his original orange costume or his '90s/Jim Lee era costume.
- She-Hulk, in either her purple-and-white costume or her Fantastic Four uniform.
- Classic red-and-blue Spider-Man, since the Retro release was nearly impossible to find. I'd toss in the '60s John Romita Sr./1981 "Amazing Friends" chest spider emblem, a Peter Parker head and alternate wall-crawling hands for the re-release.
- The Warriors Three. Who wouldn't want a boxed set of Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg?
- Classic Venom. Despite the upcoming Pulse Con exclusive animated series Venom, I'd still love to see a new updated classic Venom with an Eddie Brock alternate head and at least two Venom heads, one with his fangs and one with his tongue out.
- Wonder Man. First appearance, black-and-red costume, Safari jacket -- take your pick, Hasbro.
- Xorn. Everyone wants to see some of the Grant Morrison era X-Men figures, so why not start with Xorn?
I also hope we'll see some kind of Sam Raimi trilogy Spider-Man figure next year, with an alternate Peter Parker head with Tobey Maguire's likeness.

By the way, wasn't it mentioned or rumored that there would be like 11 or 12 figures for the "Marvel Legends: 20th anniversary" wave or am I mistaken?

What do you guys think?
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:05 pm

joedick wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:16 pm
kantboy2 wrote:

Hopes:

I suspect those iconic avengers characters in classic looks will continue to be single releases. Why sell a store a case of six characters when you could sell them a case of each one individually?
I suspect they'll do two 80's Avengers on retro cards as Web exclusives for the next few years, but one can hope. :lol:
blobfrombeyond
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:10 pm

Lots of Retro stuff like X-Men, ASM, and Avengers.
Makes better business sense: $22.99 each for minimal packaging and no BAF.
Nostalgia is king!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”