One a Day Guest Starring Crusher Creel - Day 409: Mentallo

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: One A Day - Day 358: Barracuda

Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:59 pm

I'd go with this version of Flag Smasher. In truth, I want ULTIMATUM soldier way more than him though.

Yes to Barracuda.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:07 pm

The Punisher is way short on Punisher villains. Most of Frank’s enemies don’t last long.
Barracuda is a pass for me. I’m not a Punisher fan, and he’s villain enough.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:10 pm

Flag Smasher is a definite want. I've always liked the look of the costume and it would make a nice addition to the shelf. It's always nice to get a Cap villain that isn't Hydra affiliated. Not interested in the henchmen and definitely not interested in the MCU versions of those characters.

Barracuda - who? I'll be honest, the Punisher is the Marvel hero I find the least interesting of everyone. I liked him as bad guy / anti-hero in Spider-Man stories, but have very little use for him as a major player and just don't find him compelling as a solo character. As a result of that I have no connection to and don't care about his rogues gallery at all. Jigsaw is iconic enough that I'm fine having a figure of him... but Barracuda? No idea who it is, how he factors in and no desire at all to have him on my figure shelf.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:12 pm

maczero wrote:
I'd go with this version of Flag Smasher. In truth, I want ULTIMATUM soldier way more than him though.
See, I find this costume so generic and boring. The original Black and White cape and cowl costume belong in a Super Hero Universe. The generic soldier of fortune look could be any random G.I. Joe character. If this is the version they made I'd consider passing on it entirely.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:37 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:12 pm
maczero wrote:
See, I find this costume so generic and boring. The original Black and White cape and cowl costume belong in a Super Hero Universe. The generic soldier of fortune look could be any random G.I. Joe character. If this is the version they made I'd consider passing on it entirely.
You and I have had this conversation before. You seem to like superhero comic book aesthetics. I lean more towards real world/tactical looks.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:53 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:Does the Punisher Max run hold up? I haven't read it in at least a decade.

Yes to the 'Cuda.
The Garth Ennis Max run - the first and original - is a top 5 run of all time for me. Volumes 1-10 in trade form, ending in “Valley Forge, Valley Forge.” The side volumes like Born and The Tyger are worth a read but not crucial. It was a big departure from the more slapstick Marvel Knights Punisher Ennis wrote before the Max imprint - where we get things like busty Russian, Ma Gnucci being fed to polar bears, etc. The Max run is genuinely beautiful and moving and affecting to me. It has more gratuitous violence than a lot of stuff I generally care to read, but (most of the time) it’s in a way that is an important piece of conveying the world of violence that Punisher inhabits. There’s plenty of dark humor and over the top characters, but the arcs kind of build towards more serious storylines. If you’re not that into the first one or two volumes try to stick with it through at least “Up is Down, Black is White” or “The Slavers.” Reading all the way through to the end really pays off though.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:58 pm

maczero wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:37 pm
You and I have had this conversation before. You seem to like superhero comic book aesthetics. I lean more towards real world/tactical looks.
LOL... that tracks. It is true - I definitely prefer my comic book toys to look like the super hero comic books of my youth. It's part of the reason I eventually gave up buying MCU figures - the 'real world-ness' of it was just less appealing to me.

Which isn't to say there's anything wrong with your preference. It's totally understandable and acceptable.

I just grew up consuming comic books when the costumes were deliberately flamboyant and meant to stand apart from real world practical constraints, so that's what I gravitate towards.
renfield75
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:13 pm

Yes to classic Flag-Smasher and ULTIMATUM.

No interest in Barracuda.
puckace
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:02 am

Barracuda is a pass for me.
TinkerersAssistant02
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:56 am

I wouldn't mind some more Punisher villains, but Barracuda is from after my time reading, so I'd pass.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: One A Day celebrating the debut of MCU Werewolf By Night - Day 359: Ulysses Bloodstone

Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:09 pm

In honor of the MCU debut of Werewolf By Night, let's celebrate with a little "taste" of...

Day 359 - Ulysses Bloodstone

MCU - SPOILER!!!! DON"T OPEN IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED!!!
Spoiler! :

Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Re: One A Day celebrating the debut of MCU Werewolf By Night - Day 359: Ulysses Bloodstone

Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:15 pm

Yes please, we NEED him.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:19 pm

Honestly can't remember a single comic with him, so I don't need him.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:33 pm

Hm... while I definitely wouldn't be opposed to getting a Ulysses Bloodstone figure - they gave us his daughter, Elsa, right? Elsa is arguably a little more integrated into the wider marvel universe, and fills that niche. But if they made a figure of Ulysses I'd be there for it. Ideally they could make him at the same time they made some of the Marvel Monsters - Dracula, Frankenstein, Werewolf by Night, Living Mummy.
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:02 pm

I'd get Ulysses in a BaF wave.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”