One A Day Guest Starring DaThing - Day 353: Thing - 1st Appearance update

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: One A Day - Day 306: Diamondback (Leighton/Bertrand/Stryker - comic & MCU)

Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:33 am

Rachel is a must. She’s one of the most high profile members of the Serpent Society, and an important Cap supporting character. Why don’t we have her yet?
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:07 am

Always catching up on this thread it seems...

302 - Wasp (1st appearance): Honestly, I feel like Wasp’s 1st appearance look is pretty hideous and essentially the worst look she had except for the Crossing. So, I’m good if they don’t feel the need to do a full 6” figure of Wasp in the horrifically dated and clunky ensemble. She has plenty of other nice looks that I’d be OK with getting if they felt they needed to get Wasp back into the line again. I’m a pass on MCU Janet though.

303 - Phalanx: The phalanx is something I think would be really hard for them to get right and do well and make reasonable and interesting for the shelf. The early looks are very much all over the place as they didn’t have a consistent form. I think our best bet for figures would be something along the lines of Picture 7 - so it could be done as generics. I hate the modern change they made to the Phalanx where they incorporated more of Ultron’s aesthetic and would prefer them to stay away from that look… But, yeah, I’d buy some Phalanx if they made some Phalanx

304 - Morlocks: Yes - give me all of them. I love the Morlocks.
Masque - an absolute must. Arguably the most important Morlock after Callisto, Caliban and maybe Marrow.
Sunder - love this bruiser and hey, he even donned an X-Men costume for an issue once upon a time.
Erg - Definite want. He coult probably be done using Legion with new lower legs and a revised head sculpt
Ape and Tar Baby might be tougher sells both for slightly more boring looks and what could at least be construed as insensitive names. But, I’d take more Morlocks, there’s no doubt about that.

305 - Immortus, Rama Tut, Scarlet Centurion, Iron Lad: Yes, yes, yes, yes… and you can keep going. I will gladly take all of them. Every weird Kang iteration is awesome and cool and I would like to have. I’d most prefer them released in the order listed - Immortus as most important, then Rama Tut, then Scarlet Centurion and finally Iron Lad…. But yes, I would gladly add everyone of those to my collection.

306 - Diamond Back: Absolutely, for sure. The Rachel Leighton Diamondback is essential. A member of the Serpent Society, a partner for Captain America, I definitely want - preferably in on of the first 6 looks there. I am not desperate for the other Diamondback characters. I didn’t mind the Luke Cage villain version, but it’s not a figure I need really. And I have no clue who the Debbie Bertrand version is at all, so pass.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:09 am

Dianomdback- I'd take the pink costume Rachel version, and pass on all the others.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: One A Day - Day 307: Swordsman (comic & MCU)

Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:04 pm

Day 307 - Swordsman (comic & MCU)

The Jacques DuQuesne version is the last 1960s era Avenger that doesn't have a figure. C'mon Hasbro - complete this decade in Avengers history.

Jacques DuQuesne

Cotati

Philip Javert - pockets on the costume? Must be the 90's

Andreas Von Strucker

Jack Duquesne

aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:21 pm

Classic Swordsman is a must, for sure.
Chooch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:17 pm

Comic Jacques for sure. I'd also take an Andreas.
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:28 pm

Yes, classic version, for sure. :D The rest *shrugs?* sure, why not.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:48 pm

Sure, I’ll gladly get all the three comic Swordsmen. I’m not much of an MCU guy, so that version isn’t as important to me, but I don’t begrudge him getting made.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:50 pm

Classic Swordsman has been on my top ten list for years now; he's a must have for the Avengers shelf. I'd love if he came with an alternate Gatherers version head.

I don't need the Thunderbolts version, but I do think he'd make for a cool figure, and the parts exist, so if he gets made, I'll pick him up.

I wouldn't mind an MCU one; the actor was great on Better Call Saul, but I do hope a costume is planned for him down the road for his next appearance.
Justice Freak
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:52 pm

sure to a classic comic version of the Swordsman.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:06 pm

Both comic and Lalo Salamanca, please and thank you.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:10 pm

Classic definitely. Don't need the MCU version unless he returns (and gets pulled into the Contessa's team...)
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:20 pm

fac wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:10 pm
Classic definitely. Don't need the MCU version unless he returns (and gets pulled into the Contessa's team...)
You can just call her Val. But don't call her Val, just keep it in your head.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:26 pm

Huge yes! Classic Swordsman could make for such a great figure if done right! It might be tough to pull off given his costume but butterfly joints are a must as well as appropriately hinged sword hands. He's a classic Avenger, long overdue, and would be excellent to get.

I would easily buy a 90s/Javert Swordsman as well - of course then they'd have to make Magdalene too.

Thunderbolts Swordsman/Strucker is another easy yes. Very cool costume from a very cool run. We got a few figures from that team in a row (Meteorite/Moonstone, Songbird, Gargan Venom, Bullseye) but then lost steam; would be very happy to get Swordsman, Penance, and hazmat suit Radioactive Man to finish it off.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:32 pm

Classic Swordsman, pics 1-4 for me.
Not really interested in the Thunderbolts version, but I'd add him to that motley collection of figures if they made him.
Not jonesing for an MCU version, but I would buy him anyway as a Lalo Salamanca figure.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”