One A Day Guest Starring sepster - Day 227: Gatecrasher & Technet

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: One A Day - Day 103: Black Widow (1960's costume)

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:58 pm

Day 103 - Black Widow (1960's costume)

renfield75
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:51 pm

Not a high priority but I'd be into a 60s Black Widow. She'd look cool in either an Avengers or Iron Man Silver Age display. And they already have the mask from Firestar, seems like she'd be pretty simple tooling-wise.
RAM
Runs Around in Tights

One A Day - Day 103: Black Widow (1960's costume)

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:21 pm

I dunno about this one, for me personally. Would rather just get a classic definitive Black Widow on a body thicker than KB. Web of Intrigue comes to mind.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:40 pm

This is a costume I would not be phased if they skipped. Too much fishnet. Some costumes just didn’t catch on as well as other more iconic looks for a reason. I know I’ll catch hell for saying it, but I feel this way about Wonder Man’s first costume too. Or Angel’s red/yellow/blue costume. Sometimes simplicity works best.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:52 pm

For just a moment, I thought this was for the original Black Widow (Claire Voyant). Then I reread the period. I was a little disappointed, I’d love a Claire Voyant Black Widow (1940’s).
Anyway, back to the topic. I’d be very willing to get a 60’s Black Widow. This was her true ‘classic’ costume, from back when she was a ‘fem fatale’. I’m skeptical that we’ll see it anytime soon, but I’d buy it.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:02 pm

So after an extremely strong run to close out the first 100 of these I feel like we slid into a sad little stretch here for me.

While there were some cool concepts in Malibu's Ultraverse it seems pretty clear Marvel has no use for any those characters and no plans to do anything with any of them. The post Marvel acquisition Ultraverse books were pretty bad and the nostalgia for those characters who haven't done anything in 25 years doesn't seem strong enough to warrant figures. I guess I'd be tempted to pick them up if Hasbro made them, but there's just a zero percent chance Marvel greenlights that.

The Russian - as not much of a Punisher guy my only real exposure to The Russian is from the Thomas Jane/Travolta movie. With zero connection to the character from the books, the look isn't dynamic enough for me to really want to add it to my shelf or hope it gets made though.

And 60's Costume Black Widow?... Nah fam - the look is SO dated, so completely and totally 60's and was relatively short lived for the character. Not a thing I want, need or think about. Like - I'd rather have Clint Barton in his goofy ass Goliath costume than this version of Natasha.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:20 pm

Ooooooh I definitely want groovy 60s femme fatale Black Widow. Dated? Absolutely. But that is precisely its charm. Most of the fun for me is getting characters “through the ages” and first appearances and/or weird early looks are delightful to have.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:36 pm

As a die hard Black Widow fan, I'm 100% all in for Black Widow's 1960's costume! So many of the parts exist, and the ones that done would be easy to make with very little tooling. I'd probably put her on my villains shelf should that figure get a release.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:58 am

60s Black Widow is a pass for me but I support making the figure as part of a first appearance wave.

I didn't chime in on the Ultraverse topic because I didn't think I'd want anyone from that universe. Then I remember there was a cool zombie looking guy. I think his name was "Ghoul". So my answer is yes to Ghoul.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:27 am

I honestly forgot that look existed for Black Widow, so not a priority for me - but if, as maczero notes, they made it as part of a first appearance wave or collection, I'd probably get it.

Comic Yelena is a higher BW need by far I think. The comic Widow releases the last few years have really been pretty great across the board I feel.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:48 am

The BW costume doesn't mean that much to even Silver Age fanatic like myself, but it would be cool to get some pieces that would be useful for a proper Jim Starlin Gamora.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: One A Day - Day 104: Zzzax

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:10 pm

Day 104 - Zzzax

Zzzax is one of the three characters Dwight called out last March as SHS figures that have not gotten the "Legends treatment" along with Hepzibah and Gargoyle. Maybe a hint? Maybe simply a shout out? I guess time will tell...

fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:27 pm

Zzzax is a necessity. We need more Hulk villains anyway, and a big translucent electrified alien would definitely pop on the shelf.

The Russian would be a cool figure. Great villain in the Punisher books. Barracuda goes into the same category - I'd like them as figures, but they're not my topmost choices.

FA Black Widow isn't really on my radar for a figure.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:42 pm

Zzzax would be welcome in my collection. But that's another one I don't know how they'll execute. Big translucent figure? Maybe like Surtur? Gotta be a BAF. Can't imagine any reuse either. Maybe for Proteus?
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:45 pm

Zzzax is one of those characters that could make an absolutely fantastic figure if they execute him well. Are there any examples of a solid execution they could base it on? A quick Google shows no Bowen statue, which is usually my first reference in 3d. I'd love to see what they can do with him, and he's a perfect contender for BAF in another Bring on the Bad Guys wave. Yes please!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”