One A Day - Day 106: Quicksand

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Jead
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: One A Day - Day 54: Armor

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:15 am

Machine Robo Baikanfu figures have done this for years. Its possible, it'll just need to be a bigger figure then usual.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:08 am

I think that might be the best solution. Having the figure fit in the torso and just have articulation in the arms, legs and head of the armor.

I think norm's idea is ideal but I doubt the legends team would put that amount of work into any one figure. Specifically one that has no reuse potential.
Benn Roe
Super Poseable

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:46 am

Armor earns an enthusiastic "hell yes" from me. I don't see the problem with engineering her exoskeleton, though. I'm not sure I have the terminology to describe what I'm envisioning, but the front of the torso/head would snap off in order to insert the figure, which would clip in at the arms, legs, and waist (with the clips only visible from the back), so that her arms and legs would move when the exoskeleton's arms and legs were moved, and then it would only be articulated in the shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees, using overlapping parts hinged with almost like a tiny plastic gromet at each side of the hinge.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:04 pm

Also an enthusiastic hell yes for Armor from me. This is the kind of project that would make for some great ML team interviews, have Dwight + the other engineers/designers on a stream to talk through the challenges, decisions, compromises, etc that went into making the figure.

I’d be happy to pay a deluxe price for a well executed Armor that clearly would require extraordinary effort. Release her in the same time frame as a full set of Astonishing X-Men, Danger, and Ord. Make the whole group a Haslab for all I care! Package them in a giant silver bullet and fire them at my house!
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:23 pm

BILLIUM wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:05 am
If they can figure out how to properly execute Armor, I'll take her! However, I expect to get the rest of the Astonishing team to go with her if they go that route.
Yes!

Where's my friend TSI?!
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:46 pm

Armor's a big, big want of mine in this line. I'm assuming they'd have to do a deluxe figure to pull off the proper effect, or else use BAF parts for the shell like with Vulture and Sam Wilson's wings. Deluxe seems more likely and more workable, though.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:32 pm

H-bird wrote:
Also an enthusiastic hell yes for Armor from me. This is the kind of project that would make for some great ML team interviews, have Dwight + the other engineers/designers on a stream to talk through the challenges, decisions, compromises, etc that went into making the figure.

I’d be happy to pay a deluxe price for a well executed Armor that clearly would require extraordinary effort. Release her in the same time frame as a full set of Astonishing X-Men, Danger, and Ord. Make the whole group a Haslab for all I care! Package them in a giant silver bullet and fire them at my house!

Make that 2x giant silver bullets, Hasbro.

Stark Resilient wrote:
BILLIUM wrote:
If they can figure out how to properly execute Armor, I'll take her! However, I expect to get the rest of the Astonishing team to go with her if they go that route.
Yes!

Where's my friend TSI?!

Way back on page 57. :D
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: One A Day - Day 55: Firebrand

Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:40 pm

Day 55 - Firebrand

*NOTE - I'm only familiar with the first Firebrand. Please please please correct me if I messed up costumes of the other three!

Gary Gilbert

Russ Broxtel

Rick Dennison

Amanda
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:13 pm

Ooh, bit of a blind spot for me on this one. I recognize Rick Dennison from Iron Man's Heroes Return run but the others I only recognize from the general Marvel-verse. I'd definitely pick one (or all!) of them up if they made them though!

I hope you've got Firepower somewhere in that shoebox of yours!
Chooch
CROM!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:54 pm

The gloriously goofy fist on your chest look would get my money.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:08 pm

Eh. Not on my list of top 500, but new character, so I'd buy one.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:12 pm

I think the only way you could do Armor powered up with a figure inside would be to do a very large version of her exo-suit thing. The head would need to stay mostly below the shoulders, her hands at the elbows and feet at the knees or its just not going to line up to articulate.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:16 pm

Firebrand is one of those Iron Man villains I vaguely remember but didn't make a lasting impression. It looks like Marvel felt the same since they have changed the character multiple times. If we were to get a Legends figure of Firebrand I would prefer it be the second image - Broxtel. The first costume - Gilbert - would be OK too and fit fine on my shelf. The Dennison version is forgettable "extreme" version of the character and likely not very viable in Legends unless it was reusing a Zzaxx base or something. I honestly didn't know there was a female version of Firebrand at all, must have missed that development and as a result have no need for her as a figure.
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:42 pm

What about the 90s animated series version? ;)
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:43 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:32 pm
H-bird wrote:

Make that 2x giant silver bullets, Hasbro.

Stark Resilient wrote:
BILLIUM wrote:
Yes!

Where's my friend TSI?!

Way back on page 57. :D
Oh.. It's me who's late here!
Beamish wrote: Day 55 - Firebrand

*NOTE - I'm only familiar with the first Firebrand. Please please please correct me if I messed up costumes of the other three!

Gary Gilbert
Hell yes.

Perhaps they can put that Scorpion body to use here.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”