One A Day - Day 44: Blackout(s)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: One A Day - Day 14: Lava Men

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:24 pm

I gotta say.. Day 14 is the first day i have no interest in the pick unfortunately. I was with you up until this point.

would i buy them? sure. But would i care if they were never made? absolutely not.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:45 pm

Someone should make an interactive yes/no/maybe sheet for this list.
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:49 pm

Can we get their "leader" Grotesk, too?
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:19 am

The Lava Men would be a cool army builder for the Avengers to fight! I'm in!
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:51 pm

Lava Men? Eh, no thank you.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: One A Day - Day 15: Dr. Spectrum

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:48 pm

Day 15 - Dr. Spectrum

Grins
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:13 pm

Dr. Spectrum? Yes please! I did a dumb a few years ago and tried making a custom Luke Cage out of, you guessed it, Hyperion. Now, I have no Hyperion and I'm unwilling to pay the money for him on the secondary market. I'd take Dr. Spectrum immediately.
VeganDiet
Super Poseable

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:22 pm

Oh yeah, especially if they gave him rainbow blast effects.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:20 pm

Definitely in for Dr. Spectrum. He's usually in my Top 10 votes, to represent the Squadrom Supreme/Sinister.
And that's the version I want: classic, colorful, full head mask. Sooooooo easy to make.
I'm OK with it if they want to bulk him up into this, admittedly, more visually interesting version.
I would be fine with a female version. I like that last image that Beamish posted. But I don't have any experience with that iteration of the character.
The modern one with the green costume and no mask is my least favorite. The story was great, but I like the older versions for my ML shelf.
They should really re-release Hyperion, too, on an updated body.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:38 pm

In 8 years, we've only gotten Hyperion from the Squadron Supreme. Dr. Spectrum would be an awesome character to finally get, provided he's that classic look, of course. He'd be an easy repaint, and a good Avengers and Iron Man enemy, too.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:31 pm

OK.... catching up on these...

Day 13 - Exodus. Absolutely a must have for my collection. The X-Men display won't be complete without him. I'm assuming eventually we'll get Legends of most of the characters that came out on the old Toy Biz X-Men cards, so Exodus will eventually show up .... or maybe not Senyaka, Tusk, Quark... maybe we're better off not getting all of those guys. But Exodus I need.

Day 14 - Lava Men... I can't believe there's actually a selection I'm saying no to, but man that would be a waste. generic army builders, extremely minor... I have literally never seen anyone mention these guys in any discussion of potential figures. There are SO many army builders I'd want to see ahead of these jamokes... moloids, Shi'ar, Badoon, mindless ones,... It's a no from me, dawg.

Day 15 - Dr. Spectrum - now we're back on track. I love the Squadron Supreme (and the Squadron Sinister, too) and this Green Lantern analog has a great look and would make an awesome figure. I would really love to have this guy to display with Nighthawk and Hyperion... and Power Princess - we need her too.
Mark_Bowen
Customized

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:40 pm

Heck yes to various Doctors Spectrum! Specifically, the Squadron Supreme maxi (Earth-712), Supreme Power, and New Avengers / Secret Wars versions. Our Hyperion figures have gotten mighty lonely, with Hasbro having mostly* neglected the various Squads since. If getting a core group of Squadron Supremers is a dream, then getting the Supreme Powers guys is a pipe dream. And if Hasbro can only get me as far as these four, I'll take it.

*Technically, we've gotten 3 more SS members since then, but 2 of 'em (Nighthawk & Speed Demon) are non-SS versions, and the third (Thundra) is one most fwooshers probably didn't know ever joined the team.
Chooch
CROM!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:00 am

Yes to Dr. Spectrum! First version with the hood would be both easy and pop on a shelf.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:25 am

I only read the Supreme Power book that came out about 15 years ago, so that’s the version I’d be most interested in, but Dr Spectrum is the character from that series that I’d be least interested in as a figure. I would definitely buy Hyperion, Zarda , and Nighthawk.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:23 am

Absolutely need classic masked Dr. Spectrum! Colorful energy effect pieces would be ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”