Cloth or Plastic Capes?

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
lefthook
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Cloth or Plastic Capes?

Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:42 am

ML Grim Reaper cape over CJesim Dr. Doom cape?
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:10 am

I don’t know if I chimed in yet but I choose soft plastic molded capes over cloth 99% of the time.
Especially over cloth robes and other pieces. It just looks waaay better on a figure and less “dollish” like those NECA 8” figures,Mego or Mezco look.
Xavion2004
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:34 am

Plastic. Not because I’m opposed to soft good capes, but because they need to be high quality (hems, wires, etc), and that’s a lot to ask of mass market lines. Boutique import lines like Mafex do soft goos capes very well IMHO.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:53 pm

Depends a lot on the cut and style for me, a lot of characters you don’t really get much posing value from the cape, it just needs to be back and unobstructive, but a Batman or a Magneto or a Spawn where it’s a big part of the vibe, there needs to be some appreciation of this and cloth or the SOFTEST soft plastic can still be too much hassle so I could never go for only one material, it’s got to be the right one for the job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”