Dorkside....A little update

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dorkside....A little update

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:31 pm

cowboyspikex wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:33 pm
Enforcer wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:50 am

Thank you for the vague feedback.

Why is this thread still open?
If I went into heavy detail then I'd get pounced on for whining about my toys, which isn't my point, I don't need to air my grievances or be made whole. At the same time, this thread is 95% positive towards DS and negative experiences with them are being minimized.

I--and likely others--don't have the same rosy picture and it seemed worth adding. That's literally it.

There's no reason why people shouldn't be able to talk about Dorkside in a Dorkside thread, good and bad.
but this isn't a "let's vent about dorkside" thread.. majority of us have no interest in hearing it, and Dorkside rarely posts anymore because of it, so you know they're not likely listening either. There's customer service and like.. twitter/facebook if you want to complain.

most complaints against DS i've ever heard tend to be fairly ridiculous anyway, and they do correct what rare mistakes happen.
blobfrombeyond
Avengers Assemble

Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:24 pm

I believe people should be able to praise AND/OR vent.
We tolerate it on other threads (“….Hasblow sucks…!”)
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:41 pm

If you're allowed to praise, you should be allowed to criticize.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:50 pm

All DS did was provide some updates, mainly about the physical store, which has nothing to do about praising or complaining them. You all know there are humans who are involved in a business model, and humans make mistakes sometimes?

Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:53 pm

You *are* allowed to, unless a mod tells you to knock it off. As far as I can see, no mod has told anyone they can't criticize.
Of course, other people are allowed to think that a lot of the complaints are petty and silly, and/or that this isn't really the place for it.

What a world!
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:55 pm

You CAN do it, sure. Just like you can pee in pools, except in this case when you pee in the pool they close it.

Last time people used a Dorkside thread to start beefing about orders he left and didn't come back for six months. I'm surprised he came back and started this thread at all due to the risk of bad publicity, but hey, he tried, and yep, you guys convinced him it was a mistake to do so. This time I'm sure he's gone for good, so thanks guys. Keep telling your neighbors how much their yard sucks, and peeing in pools, and spitting in people's faces, and every other rude, selfish thing you want to do, I guess. :rolleyes:
cowboyspikex
Avengers Assemble

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:37 pm

Sorry, but we shouldn't have to limit what we talk about here based on the fact that if we are too negative, DS is going to take their ball and go home. This forum is our space to discuss toys (and by association, sellers), and they should know that.

I'm not saying it's not possible to go over the top--we shouldn't be disrespectful to them because as was pointed out, they are in fact people. But what exactly is so unreasonable (or akin to spitting in someone's face) about someone saying:

"I'm having issues with customer service so am considering canceling my GI Joe preorders."
"It took three messages to get a response from them."
"I haven't had the best experience with them."

among a sea of largely positive comments? If DS chooses not to post here because of those incredibly tame comments, direct your ire at them, not at the posters.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:39 am

Why doesn't someone start a general ML retailers thread for people to post good and bad experiences regarding the companies that deliver our toys?

We used to have one - or was it just a thread bashing those scam artists at Megalopolis?
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:39 am

JPC wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:39 am
Why doesn't someone start a general ML retailers thread for people to post good and bad experiences regarding the companies that deliver our toys?

We used to have one - or was it just a thread bashing those scam artists at Megalopolis?
Since DS sells more than just Marvel, and if someone wants to create a general retailer complaint thread, I think The Bar With No Name would be best.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Dorkside....A little update

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:27 pm

But isn’t it nice to get updates from DS? Feels like grousing about DS in this thread and previous threads, while legitimate and warranted in some cases, is not very productive. We have Fwoosh IMs, social media, and DS customer service at our disposal. I have reached out to DS customer service on some issues in the recent past, and the issues were resolved.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:56 pm

It was great hearing from DS. More than updates they would occasionally provide nuggets of information and hints at upcoming releases. They went above and beyond when it came to customer engagement.

I 've dealt with DS and they were insanely helpful and accommodating to a Canadian collector. For that I will always sing their praises. Do mistakes happen? Sure. Unless you are a completely irrational asshole - they are going to help you out. For every random complaint I see in a DS thread like "well,.. I had a problem with DS :shock: " with no context, I know that person was the real issue. Posting something negative without context is helpful to no one. When pressed it's always their own bullshit issue. They didn't have their credit card paid off - DS's fault. They can't wait longer than a day for a response - DS's fault. The toys I ordered are in stock somewhere else first and I'm impatient - DS's fault. For those people, it's always someone else's fault. It's why "Verified Buyer" status appears in helpful product review pages. I want to hear the opinions of actual buyers, not childish idiots.

We have so many great posters and people I enjoy interacting with daily while I'm bored at work... we also have so many idiots. Those idiots are the same people who drove Diamond Select away from posting here because all they would do is bitch and complain about character choices or other such nonsense until Diamond just said "[email protected]#$ it". Engaging with fans isn't worth this abuse. These are the people who can't help but post "Wonder when DS will get their pre-orders :? " whenever someone finds a new figure because they can't help themselves but be passive aggressively impatient. There will be those who continue to bang on the "I can complain if I want to" drum and that's fine. Most of us know where the actual problem was. And we just wish those people weren't around so that DS would keep posting cool little tidbits and engaging with us. As usual... the idiots ruin it for everyone.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:25 pm

Yeah, that was nice when they would give hints, nuggets, or even a heads up about when preorders would open up. Really helps to be prepared, and I never expect it but it was massively appreciated when it happened. That's why I mentioned an email I got from DS somewhere where they announce preorders for the next day. It's so helpful and no one else was doing that.
cowboyspikex
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:19 pm

The issue I had with DS was not my fault. They sent me the wrong figure and I let them know. They said they'd remedy it and "update me promptly". Literally two weeks at a time would go by with no communication on their end. After five weeks I got tired of waiting and they gave me a refund.

I didn't rage at them, I didn't swear off using them forever, I was polite but firm every step of the way, I still use them for orders sometimes (although less than I did before).

There has been no abuse in this thread and someone who mentions they had an issue is not automatically a "childish idiot".

Stop blaming those with less-than-stellar experiences for DS' choices to be present or not on this board.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:28 pm

I'm going to blame how they present those experiences for DS' choice to be present or not on this board.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:40 pm

One negative experience can sour someone on using an online retailer ever again. Since the online aspect makes person-to-person contact so much less accessible, it's harder to get resolution. And the "humans on the other side" aspect is so much less apparent.

Negative comments are useful, as long as they're not overblown or unnecessarily critical. I think cowboyspikex presented this problem, at first and in follow-ups, with objectivity; that's the way to present a private grievance on a public forum. There's no need to pile on.

I agree, though, that too often people post without thinking through what they say. Maybe they live their lives that way, and that would be a possible reason for calling out an e-tailer for a "me" problem.

But that's the nature of the internet, isn't it. Post your private stuff to the world, then when strangers call you on mistruth or inconsistency, lash out at them for being stupid. Normally, I just watch that train wreck happen and don't get involved.

But I do like DS posting here with hints and reveals, and behind the scenes toy business info. I miss that, and I would hope that everyone tries to share their experiences, even negative ones, in a level-headed and non-accusatory way. Open-minded two-way communication is the way to resolve problems. Unfortunately, we too often use it as an excuse for a shouting match, and nothing gets resolved...

In any case, I will keep supporting DS because their customer service is excellent compared to many other online sellers.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”