Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
JoshuaKat
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:44 pm

I received Ms Marvel from Amazon today. I agree this has been the craziest release from Legends ever. I can't say the hype has died down for me because I welcome the MCU characters no matter how long it takes. But, I'd really love for Hasbro to shine some light on what actually happened here. That's my big issue, is just no communication on what this wave is going through. I was hoping that with Ms Marvel finally in my hands the rest of the wave would update as well. But it seems this wave is going to come bit by bit which is another first for me.

With that said, Ms Marvel is a great figure. It's so cool to see her standing on the shelf amongst all her idols. Her costume is so comic accurate that it really does look like the character was ripped straight from the pages. The face scan isn't even as off from the actress as I had thought. My only complaint is her proportions but hopefully that's something the team can correct in the future. Between her, Yelena, Darcy, and Monica they should have plenty of practice making thicker ladies. I would have loved to see her come with some purple crystal fist or something and it's too bad she never got a basic kids line figure because I'm sure that would have come with some. Hopefully her figure in the Marvels will have some accessories. All and all she is a great addition to the shelf, I hope the others are soon to follow. Yo Hasbro, what happened with this wave's release?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:57 pm

I don't mind waiting either, but it would certainly be cool to know what the deal was. Especially, for me, Sharon. She had to be a last minute addition. But I guess the biggest hassle for me about this wave was not being able to order them all together somewhere. I have this wave coming from target, amazon, and gamestop. I would have loved to have gotten them all together for the same price.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:36 am

Ru_1977 wrote:The comic Sharon was on the Maria Hill body I think? Was that a reworking of Black Widow at all or just a new sculpt? If i were you, I'd probably just dremel the inside of her head some to get it down.
I wonder if transplanting Sharon’s head onto Quake would work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:36 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:57 pm
I don't mind waiting either, but it would certainly be cool to know what the deal was. Especially, for me, Sharon. She had to be a last minute addition. But I guess the biggest hassle for me about this wave was not being able to order them all together somewhere. I have this wave coming from target, amazon, and gamestop. I would have loved to have gotten them all together for the same price.
I really think that first wave got really jumbled around with the shows' release delays and that Sharon was supposed to be in Loki's spot.

Didn't Hasbro hint at Sharon before Wave 2 was even revealed?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:43 pm

I.... Think so? I can barely remember anymore but I vaguely remember that.
XMenLegacy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:46 pm

They did hint at Sharon a long time ago.
orpheus
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:47 am

I went ahead and bought a moon knight off of ebay. Incredible figure. Wish I'd gotten him much sooner, but I love it so much. One of the best Marvel Legends ever in my view. I wish they'd gone for a more 'vertical' cape instead of flowing to one side, so I switched it out with MCU Gorr's cloak, and it looks great. the white of the cloak is a little lighter than Moon Knight's grey, but it's not a problem at all. It gives him more of a desert feel than a big superhero cape. Loving him next to Black Panther. Can't wait for Mr Knight and She Hulk.
NoctisStrife
Avengers Assemble

Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:57 am

orpheus wrote:
I went ahead and bought a moon knight off of ebay. Incredible figure. Wish I'd gotten him much sooner, but I love it so much. One of the best Marvel Legends ever in my view. I wish they'd gone for a more 'vertical' cape instead of flowing to one side, so I switched it out with MCU Gorr's cloak, and it looks great. the white of the cloak is a little lighter than Moon Knight's grey, but it's not a problem at all. It gives him more of a desert feel than a big superhero cape. Loving him next to Black Panther. Can't wait for Mr Knight and She Hulk.
Any pictures of that? I'd love to see what that looks like!
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:06 pm

Really hoping this and my Target WF wave order start shipping soon. I would feel better about my pre order quantity if these would just ship.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:12 am

I just got a shipping notice for She-Hulk from Amazon. Hopefully this means the Hawkeye and Kate I have ordered from there as well ship soon too. The rest i have ordered from Target. Starting to think those ones will be closer to end of month.
Spiderman91
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:01 am

NoctisStrife wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:57 am
orpheus wrote:
Any pictures of that? I'd love to see what that looks like!
Also would love to see how this turned out!?
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:41 am

I got an email that She-Hulk should be here tomorrow, and Tesseract Loki should be here Friday; both from Amazon.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:43 am

I passed on Tesseract Loki. I don't need the Tesseract. I will maybe ebay the Loki figure if I am.so inclined and he isn't outrageously priced
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:51 am

JoshuaKat wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:44 pm
I received Ms Marvel from Amazon today. I agree this has been the craziest release from Legends ever. I can't say the hype has died down for me because I welcome the MCU characters no matter how long it takes. But, I'd really love for Hasbro to shine some light on what actually happened here. That's my big issue, is just no communication on what this wave is going through. I was hoping that with Ms Marvel finally in my hands the rest of the wave would update as well. But it seems this wave is going to come bit by bit which is another first for me.

With that said, Ms Marvel is a great figure. It's so cool to see her standing on the shelf amongst all her idols. Her costume is so comic accurate that it really does look like the character was ripped straight from the pages. The face scan isn't even as off from the actress as I had thought. My only complaint is her proportions but hopefully that's something the team can correct in the future. Between her, Yelena, Darcy, and Monica they should have plenty of practice making thicker ladies. I would have loved to see her come with some purple crystal fist or something and it's too bad she never got a basic kids line figure because I'm sure that would have come with some. Hopefully her figure in the Marvels will have some accessories. All and all she is a great addition to the shelf, I hope the others are soon to follow. Yo Hasbro, what happened with this wave's release?
For me, what is odd about the wave isn't when it is being released. I guess they had to wait until She-Hulk aired before putting it out, so getting it late makes sense. Even the way the wave was revealed over basically a year makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me has been the inconsistent dates of release listed from figure to figure or the availability. Target for example never put up Hawkeye, Kate, or She-Hulk. But they put the other 4 up for preorder. Why were the others never up? It's bizarre to say the least
JoshuaKat
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:27 pm

I also wonder what's up with the Shipping too. I see a few people have gotten shipping notices for She-Hulk yet mine still says Mar 3rd. Even tho I ordered her the second she went up for pre-order. I'm just ready to have this whole wave in hand and be done with it.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”