Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
JoshuaKat
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:01 pm

Can we just get the 3 year anniversary of D+ shows as next fall's premium line? Lol.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:08 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:01 pm
Can we just get the 3 year anniversary of D+ shows as next fall's premium line? Lol.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:29 pm

Spoiler! :
I too would buy a Hulk/Abomination 2 pack. I just don't think they will do it that way cause it isn't a premium program we are looking at like M10 was
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:33 pm

e-rock wrote:
Spoiler! :
I too would buy a Hulk/Abomination 2 pack. I just don't think they will do it that way cause it isn't a premium program we are looking at like M10 was
Spoiler! :
At this rate... waiting for the fifth anniversary of WandaVision to do figures of some of these characters probably isn't all that different from waiting for them to show up in a regular wave. So, may as well make the 2026 premium line Disney Plus Hole Fillers.

man, can you imagine how massive the list of missing characters will be by then?
kitik
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:07 am

Surely, She-Hulk seems like the type of show that will yield NUMEROUS action figures. Unlike how Ms Marvel turned out to be.

If they were to announce next month that D+ Wave 5 was going to be 100% She-Hulk (which they obviously won't, I'm just speaking hypothetically), I'm sure a lot of us here could come up with 7 or 8 names right away. (Especially after watching another 4 or 5 episodes.)
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:16 am

I think we could fill a wave just off the trailers! Heh. But yeah, I'm sure once the show is done, we're gonna have plenty of figures we're aching for. I really enjoyed that premiere, and hope it maintains the tone. I also don't need a movie because the format may not be as much fun, however... a She Hulk movie WOULD yield a wave of figures...
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:20 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:33 pm
e-rock wrote:
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :
At this rate... waiting for the fifth anniversary of WandaVision to do figures of some of these characters probably isn't all that different from waiting for them to show up in a regular wave. So, may as well make the 2026 premium line Disney Plus Hole Fillers.

man, can you imagine how massive the list of missing characters will be by then?
Next year is the 60th anniversary of the comic Avengers, right? So we may see at least a few movie based offerings if they end up making that next year's program. Hopefully if they do, they are Phase 1 based.

I do really wish we would get a more Phase 1 focused program since those movies are where a fair amount of the movie holes are since they didn't handle movies the way they would start doing so toward the end of Phase 2.
JoshuaKat
CROM!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:16 pm

That's not a bad idea. I'd love to see Phase 1 get a lot of attention as well if we're talking strictly Avengers. Since the anniversary is comic related I could see it being done similar to the 80th anniversary sets that gave us 4 MCU 2 packs if I remember correctly. If we're going straight Avengers they could do Widow & Clint, Hulk & Thor, Captain America & Ironman, and Fury & Loki although I'd want Hill and a Chitauri in there somewhere too. But if I had my way I'd do 1 Avenger packed with another phase 1 character I think Ironman, Hulk, and Hawkeye are already represented well enough from Phase 1. So I'd go IM2 debut Widow & Racetrack Whiplash, Avengers Thor & Frigga, Chitauri 2 pack with multiple heads and weapons, and Avengers Loki & Avengers Cap. And if they were nice they could re-release the Agents of Shield 3 pack with updates to Hill, Fury, and Coulson.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:23 pm

My guess is whatever MCU offerings we get will be scattershot. I would assume we would get something Avengers 1 related, but not sure all the offerings would be Avengers 1 based. I agree it would prob mirror M80th, so mostly comic with like 3 or 4 MCU sets.

But for a future program, I would love something Phase 1 based. Just IM1-AVN1 for all the sets in that hypothetical concept
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:35 pm

Yeah I'd love that too and agree phase 1 has a lot of holes.

For an Avengers anniversary series... If they did four sets, I would think one from each movie would make sense, and each set would have at least one repaint. Such as:
Avengers: endgame Hulk with new head & Chitauri
AOU: Captain America (with the heads from the civil war set with crossbones) & Hawkeye
IW: Iron Man repaint with Tony head & Outrider
Endgame: Thor repaint & Vormir Black Widow

Not what I'd hope for but I feel it's more in line with what they do.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:58 pm

In a way I hope that if we get 4 sets in an A60 program, that they won't all be Avengers movie based solely cause I don't think we would get much new. I would have to assume a Cap and Iron Man would be made and maybe a Thor as well. Thus I don't see chances at the actual holes from those movies I would want filled being done. I see mostly repaints. Though to be fair, M80 did do sets like Grandmaster/Korg and Hela/Skurge. So maybe I am wrong. But for personal preference, I would like something like:

AVN1 - Chitari 2 Pack
AOU - Scarlet Witch & Baron Strucker
IW - Eitri & ???? (I think IW is pretty well covered outside Eitri and the Outriders....but I wouldn't put him in 2 pack with an army builder)
EG - Hulk & Ancient One (Hulk in his proper hero costume....yeah I know he didn't have it on in that scene, but we got Shirtless Hulk already)
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:08 pm

e-rock wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:58 pm
In a way I hope that if we get 4 sets in an A60 program, that they won't all be Avengers movie based solely cause I don't think we would get much new...

AVN1 - Chitari 2 Pack
AOU - Scarlet Witch & Baron Strucker
IW - Eitri & ???? (I think IW is pretty well covered outside Eitri and the Outriders....but I wouldn't put him in 2 pack with an army builder)
EG - Hulk & Ancient One (Hulk in his proper hero costume....yeah I know he didn't have it on in that scene, but we got Shirtless Hulk already)
And that's kinda my expectation, if they do something like this, that we won't get much new.

For Avengers I probably just want an all new Nick Fury anymore. Just the classic version of the character. Age of Ultron, despite being the movie where I feel the whole team has great costumes... I'm probably good on them. I'd take a final form Ultron though.
For IW, my wishlist is: War Machine 4 with Rhodey head and an all new Ravager Nebula. Both would be new sculpts and I don't expect either to ever get made heh. Endgame it's just Miek and Rocket. I'd like a Banner in there somewhere too. I'm assuming most of those will never happen though.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:11 pm

kitik wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:07 am
Surely, She-Hulk seems like the type of show that will yield NUMEROUS action figures. Unlike how Ms Marvel turned out to be.

If they were to announce next month that D+ Wave 5 was going to be 100% She-Hulk (which they obviously won't, I'm just speaking hypothetically), I'm sure a lot of us here could come up with 7 or 8 names right away. (Especially after watching another 4 or 5 episodes.)
With the leaks out now, we can practically do that.

Professor Hulk
Jennifer
Abomination
Frog-Man
Daredevil
Titania
Blonsky
She-Hulk (courtroom)

and I’m sure there’s more to come.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:18 pm

Still need Iron Man Mark 45, final form Ultron, and Ultron drones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:21 pm

I would also do a 2 pack of Ultron Drones. But I doubt we would do both a Chitari one and Ultron one same year, lol. So if I had to choose....Chitari

I wouldn't hate an Iron Man Mk45 and Ultron Final Form 2 pack. But I do want Strucker more. Though I am probably the only one who does lol

Though honestly, I would be happy enough if someone just did a Strucker head I could slap on an extra M10 Red Skull body and call it a day

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”