Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
JoshuaKat
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:31 pm

As for the villians, I can only speak for myself and how I collect but at first we were missing so many villians. And then from Guardians 2 until the end of the Saga we were a getting a villian for every project. Then the anniversary/ celebration lines did so much to go back and give us missing villians from the early days. And we were sooooo close to having atleast 1 villian from every project (which is goals for me as a collector). And now it seems like Disney Plus is taking several steps backwards in that regard. Now we're right back where we started. That's why for me, regardless of a villians popularity I enjoyed one getting made for each project.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:33 pm

Have we ever gotten a throwaway civilian character? I guess the closest is Luis, but he did appear in both Ant-Man films thus far. The difference (to me) between a Sharon Carter and a Karli Morgenthau isn't just whether or not their look is dynamic, it's narrative importance, and even then it's taken Sharon 8 years to get a figure. I doubt Karli or Harrow are on Hasbro's radar (at least right now) but hopefully the people who want them can get them eventually.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:38 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:37 am
I really hope we get that moment where all the replaced Heroes step off the skrull ship all disheveled looking. Beards, dirt, messy hair. Does that happen in the comics? I feel like it does lol. But yea I can see Sharon getting that white suit after she's rescued from the skrulls. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if she was the Skrull queen. If she is a Skrull she's the first (to my knowledge) that we've really seen getting into shady business. Unless maybe we count the Damage Control lady. I forget if it was Elektra or Spider Woman who was the Skrull queen but we don't have either of those so Sharon is kinda next bet. Laura Barton is on my radar too.
Elektra was the first one discovered and Spiderman was the queen.

I know they had a moment when a bunch of heroes stepped off a ship kinda like you said, but I think they were actually Skrulls meant to see distrust? I don't remember SI all that well.

Also, with villains... Based on promos alone it feels like they could do an entire wave of bad guys just from She Hulk.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:44 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:31 pm
As for the villians, I can only speak for myself and how I collect but at first we were missing so many villians. And then from Guardians 2 until the end of the Saga we were a getting a villian for every project. Then the anniversary/ celebration lines did so much to go back and give us missing villians from the early days. And we were sooooo close to having atleast 1 villian from every project (which is goals for me as a collector). And now it seems like Disney Plus is taking several steps backwards in that regard. Now we're right back where we started. That's why for me, regardless of a villians popularity I enjoyed one getting made for each project.
Like I have said before, my preference for any movie or show is get the main character and the primary villain as the start point. Then secondary characters after that. Heroes gotta have people to fight! Now, in the case of something like Drakov vs Taskmaster, obviously I want Taskmaster or Winter Soldier over Pierce and such. I consider it okay in those cases if I gotta wait for suited bad guy. But when it is someone like Harrow who was the shows pretty much only villain, yeah I want him. Moon Knight needs someone to fight!
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:46 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:38 pm
JoshuaKat wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:37 am
I really hope we get that moment where all the replaced Heroes step off the skrull ship all disheveled looking. Beards, dirt, messy hair. Does that happen in the comics? I feel like it does lol. But yea I can see Sharon getting that white suit after she's rescued from the skrulls. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if she was the Skrull queen. If she is a Skrull she's the first (to my knowledge) that we've really seen getting into shady business. Unless maybe we count the Damage Control lady. I forget if it was Elektra or Spider Woman who was the Skrull queen but we don't have either of those so Sharon is kinda next bet. Laura Barton is on my radar too.
Elektra was the first one discovered and Spiderman was the queen.

I know they had a moment when a bunch of heroes stepped off a ship kinda like you said, but I think they were actually Skrulls meant to see distrust? I don't remember SI all that well.

Also, with villains... Based on promos alone it feels like they could do an entire wave of bad guys just from She Hulk.
I think with She-Hulk, we are never getting most of the villains lol. Like I would be surprised if Frog Man got made unless he blows up in an Agatha way. I would be mostly happy to get Abomination and Titania. But obviously, I will buy however many She-Hulk villains they make
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:29 pm

I agree we are likely to never get most, but in that daydreaming way... they could fill a wave for each other these shows (and it's funny when we were listing characters for WandaVision and always included Jimmy Woo despite feeling like the least likely, but no... we got him before Agatha and halloween Wanda and Vision etc), but with She Hulk they might even be able to do two waves.

About some of the characters in She Hulk:
Spoiler! :
Some are likely throwaway characters since the production obviously went to town populating the series with as many characters from the comics as they could. But I kinda expect Man-Bull and El Agula to just get the one scene.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:40 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:29 pm
Some are likely throwaway characters since the production obviously went to town populating the series with as many characters from the comics as they could. But I kinda expect Man-Bull and El Agula to just get the one scene.
I hate to be that guy but I really could have used a spoiler tag for this. I've avoided all subsequent trailers after the second one. Part of the appeal of this show is being surprised by the supervillain cameos.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:48 pm

maczero wrote:
I hate to be that guy but I really could have used a spoiler tag for this. I've avoided all subsequent trailers after the second one. Part of the appeal of this show is being surprised by the supervillain cameos.
And I hate to be the guy who spoiled it for you, I'm truly sorry!!!
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:00 pm

e-rock wrote:
But when it is someone like Harrow who was the shows pretty much only villain, yeah I want him. Moon Knight needs someone to fight!
Could argue Khonshu is the real villain in that show. :)
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:03 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
maczero wrote:
No worries. Ironically, I've been against the heavy use of spoiler tags in these threads because I figured anyone who's entering a show/movie related thread has already watched the show/movie.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:07 pm

maczero wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
maczero wrote:
No worries. Ironically, I've been against the heavy use of spoiler tags in these threads because I figured anyone who's entering a show/movie related thread has already watched the show/movie.
And they're shown in the trailer/promos, so I honestly didn't think anything of it, but still. It sucks to do that to someone. I appreciate you expressing a lack of worry though.
JPC wrote:
e-rock wrote:
But when it is someone like Harrow who was the shows pretty much only villain, yeah I want him. Moon Knight needs someone to fight!
That's a solid argument really.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:15 pm

JPC wrote:
e-rock wrote:
I think Khonshu will be the season 2 villain, but in season 1 def was Ammett and Harrow. Khonshu was shady, though
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:22 pm

e-rock wrote:
JPC wrote:
e-rock wrote:
I think Khonshu will be the season 2 villain, but in season 1 def was Ammett and Harrow. Khonshu was shady, though
It's like Palpatine being the villain of The Phantom Menace. he isn't who the heroes defeat in the end but without him, none of the bad stuff would have happened.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:32 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
e-rock wrote:
JPC wrote:

It's like Palpatine being the villain of The Phantom Menace. he isn't who the heroes defeat in the end but without him, none of the bad stuff would have happened.
Khonshu wasn't on the side of the villain. Harrow would have been trying to ressurect Ammett without Khonshu by this point. Palpatine was actively pulling the strings in TPM.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:58 pm

e-rock wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:32 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:
e-rock wrote:

Khonshu wasn't on the side of the villain. Harrow would have been trying to ressurect Ammett without Khonshu by this point. Palpatine was actively pulling the strings in TPM.
I don't mean it's 1:1 where Khonshu was secretly in league with whatever, I just mean he was the one causing all the bad stuff. Harrow wouldn't have been trying to resurrect Ammett if Khonshu hadn't done to him what he was doing to Marc. His actions directly created 'the villain' of the show, and his treatment of Marc/Steven don't indicate he's much of a protagonist either.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”