Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:04 am

Agatha is getting her own series; she's getting a figure at some point, if the line survives 2 more years. :lol:

I'm pretty sure that if they had included Wong, Razorfist and Abomination as the BAF, the Shang-Chi wave would've been more popular. The whole "can't give away spoilers, dudes!!" directive by Disney has screwed over Hasbro this last few years; ML more than any other collector line.

I hope they at least finish the Guardians of the Multiverse team and then do the MCU version of Captain Carter...

and Batroc, I want a Batroc. :lol:
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:31 am

I too want a Batroc. I don't need another Captain Carter figure, but if rumors of a live action show are true, she will get one. Agatha will get one no doubt.

I am still hoping Abomination is coming very soon
KingMCUCollector
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:56 pm

Spiderman91 wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:41 am
Golly - I also am so hoping for a deluxe Abomination at some stage... She-Hulk will be his 3rd cinematic piece to date ... bound to happen right?

Who will the remaining position in this wave go to!?

I am feeling comfortable that we can at expect Agatha, Monica and Echo at future dates given their upcoming series or movie involvement - and if they were in this wave you would have expected a reveal by now. Then again, they took their time to reveal a very non spoiler Sharon Carter...

And though it is exciting to be getting a Ms Marvel - I am kinda expecting Hasbro to do the good 'ol re-release within the year with the Marvels movie with some accessory/power representation. Perhaps an updated costume could justify this? Sigh - I am such a sucker for Hasbro's tricks these days..

I am actually hopeful that this final spot iis in fact not She-Hulk (despite all suspicions). I would hope maybe fora 2nd Ms Marvel character yet to be revealed (??unannounced villian .. there is bound to be someone other than the titular hero who is toyetic emerge in this series). I think this would lock us in for a future 4th D-Plus wave, which ideally could open the door for even more anticipated D+ characters with the upcoming release of She-Hulk. Then again, I do not want to be waiting too long for a She-Hulk... my buzz for Kate Bishop has totally died off given the 6-months + wait since the show was released...

Nonetheless - always excited by new MCU offerings and Hasbro continue to keep smashing it with these new MCU figs - so keep it up!
I’m feeling this more than you can ever imagine. Keep bringing this type of energy. The MCU figures are so good. This wave alone shows the best of Hasbro’s MCU offerings. I’ve always said the turning point for MCU Marvel Legends was 2017’s Titus Build A Figure wave. 2021 came along and said “hold my beer”. No matter what people who hate MCU figures say, there’s care and quality for each of them that shows more and more with every release.

Side note, I finally unsubscribed from an “influencer” over the weekend. They said something that had me scratch my head for a bit. They were reading some complaints their viewers had about the line, one of the being “too many movie figures”, which they agreed. They even said they’re getting “too obscured” with movie figures. This is an “influencer”, and someone I’ve liked for quite a while. It’s their opinion and I’m not mad at them expressing their feelings, but I’ll never be ok with illogical information. Even with all the Marvel Legends we got last year, surprise, surprise…there were more comic figures than MCU. Even with the Rintrah wave, Korg wave, Infinity Ultron wave, and upcoming Marvel Studios Legacy series…comic figures still outnumber MCU for 2022.

The MCU is a multi billion dollar franchise, and the most successful film franchise of all time. Is the most successful film franchise of all time not supposed to have marketing material (one of them being Marvel Legends Series) to coincide with their films and shows? That same “influencer” also pointed out Eternals, which is now every MCU haters go to. Listen, when you’re a franchise that releases 3-4 films per year, and that particular film being number 26, you have to expect not every film is going to be received as the best thing ever. The same can be said about Marvel Legends, be it comic of MCU. Not every wave is going to be a runaway hit.

One of the reasons I stick around and post the my occasional updated MCU display is because I know Hasbro looks at this message board. I post so they can see that I’m one of the guys who absolutely loves their MCU figures and displays them with my humble respect and pride.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:11 pm

Don't worry, MCU figures aren't going anywhere. The MCU is the only reason comic only collectors can come here to bitch about Speedball not having a cowlick or whatever. I collect everything, but the MCU figures are usually a cut above.

Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:16 pm

CTVampSlayer wrote:Don't worry, MCU figures aren't going anywhere. The MCU is the only reason comic only collectors can come here to bitch about Speedball not having a cowlick or whatever. I collect everything, but the MCU figures are usually a cut above.

Let's not forget that without the comics there would be no MCU either.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:36 pm

True, but the MCU is why Marvel as an IP is top dog right now
KingMCUCollector
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:34 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:16 pm
CTVampSlayer wrote:Don't worry, MCU figures aren't going anywhere. The MCU is the only reason comic only collectors can come here to bitch about Speedball not having a cowlick or whatever. I collect everything, but the MCU figures are usually a cut above.

Let's not forget that without the comics there would be no MCU either.

I can honestly say from the bottom of my heart, that’s never been in question. It’s one of the reasons most people go out of their way to praise comic accuracy every time it’s done well on screen.

With that being said, the MCU has become bigger than the comics ever dreamed of being. That’s no shade thrown at comics, but again we’re talking about the most successful film franchise of all time. 28 films that averages $1 Billion per film. Not saying every film has made $1 billion dollars, I’m saying add their total box office numbers and divide between 28 films. That’s insane. So when we see full MCU waves, exclusives, and so on…it’s earned. It’s a fact that all that money Marvel Studios makes, they spend a ton of money on marketing. Part of that marketing for their films and shows, wait for it…Marvel Legends that tie directly into their films. Hence the budget Hasbro has to work with for MCU figures.
KingMCUCollector
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:35 pm

e-rock wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:36 pm
True, but the MCU is why Marvel as an IP is top dog right now
You continue to hit it right on the money.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:50 pm

I agree with everything said. There would be no MCU without the comics and Legends as a property probably wouldn't have continued to exist these days without the MCU to prop it up. I'm not advocating for more or less than anything because I collect them all but I'm definitely more excited when new comic waves are announced and with prices rising it will probably be the MCU that is pared down. I may have to go to a "one figure per character rule".

I will say I think a lot of my frustration with comic releases is that (for me) there is way too much modern mixed in at the expense of older classic looks and with prices going up to what they are that scares me.

MCU-only fans are pretty much going to be united in their love for the figures because the movies themselves cover such a small amount of a time period. Of course some don't like every movie but with Eternals for example that was a one and done wave.

Comic fans have 60 or so years worth of material to pull from and that makes it much harder to please all of us and make us feel like we are completing teams and giving us what we want. It is definitely better in that regard than it was in the Toybiz days but how frustrating is it for pre-90s X-Men fans that we still don't have even a classic Rogue from before the Jim Lee era.

With Hasbro doing away with plastic packaging it sure seems like the vintage carded stuff could be going away and that is one of the major ways we are getting classic figures.

KingMCUCollector
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:58 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:50 pm
I agree with everything said. There would be no MCU without the comics and Legends as a property probably wouldn't have continued to exist these days without the MCU to prop it up. I'm not advocating for more or less than anything because I collect them all but I'm definitely more excited when new comic waves are announced and with prices rising it will probably be the MCU that is pared down. I may have to go to a "one figure per character rule".

I will say I think a lot of my frustration with comic releases is that (for me) there is way too much modern mixed in at the expense of older classic looks and with prices going up to what they are that scares me.

MCU-only fans are pretty much going to be united in their love for the figures because the movies themselves cover such a small amount of a time period. Of course some don't like every movie but with Eternals for example that was a one and done wave.

Comic fans have 60 or so years worth of material to pull from and that makes it much harder to please all of us and make us feel like we are completing teams and giving us what we want. It is definitely better in that regard than it was in the Toybiz days but how frustrating is it for pre-90s X-Men fans that we still don't have even a classic Rogue from before the Jim Lee era.

With Hasbro doing away with plastic packaging it sure seems like the vintage carded stuff could be going away and that is one of the major ways we are getting classic figures.

It’s funny you mentioned classic Rogue. I was thinking that exact thing last week. I was thinking if I got back into comics, I would stick with classic versions of characters. I like the Rogue from the Pyro 2 pack, but it’s a modern version.

I empathize with what you said about so many years to pull from. Hasbro has done the best they can over the past few years at getting us as many classic versions of characters as they can. Overall, it’s a fun time to be a collector.
NoctisStrife
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:36 pm

Anxiously awaiting this wave. Feels like over a year since we first saw Clint and Kate renders. I know there were rumors this wave hits next month is that still the case or has that been debunked?

This is the first year in a long time I haven't bought Marvel Legends yet. Tons of them on preorder but nothing yet for 2022. Feels weird
Sgt. Stinky
CROM!

Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:57 pm

There is certainly room for plenty of both-MCU and Comic. Do I favor comic based figures over MCU? Yes. Do I have a ton of MCU figures- absolutely. The main distinction for me is comic figures are instant buys as the comics were my first love. I never dared dream I would see all these great characters come to life on the big screen when I was a kid in the 70's! I usually wait to buy MCU until I have seen the movie. Do I buy every MCU figure -nope. I haven't bought every comic figure either. One feeds the other and vice versa. I will never understand the " It must be all comic or all MCU all the time" attitude. IMHO Hasbro is just killing it right now on all ML fronts.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:53 pm

Looking at these two again it's like the skin tones and the purples should be switched.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:24 pm

CTVampSlayer wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:11 pm
Don't worry, MCU figures aren't going anywhere. The MCU is the only reason comic only collectors can come here to bitch about Speedball not having a cowlick or whatever. I collect everything, but the MCU figures are usually a cut above.

Cool set up!
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:55 pm

Thanks!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”