Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Sun May 22, 2022 10:39 am

I like the old Winter Soldier head. But because it *doesn't* look like Sabastian. I bought a few of them loose on ebay for customs. It's almost the perfect generic long haired character head. And it doesn't look exactly like anyone else. Just remove all the black paint around the eyes that make it look burnt or face painted, and you've got a really good generic likeness under there.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

K_Steel
Prognostibator

Sun May 22, 2022 3:35 pm

She-Hulk lends itself to multiple figures. Jennifer in her civilian form (alt head with Green eyes), She-Hulk in the spandex outfit, She-Hulk in the dress, She-Hulk in the lawyer's outfit.

Enough for a potential She-Hulk wave. Bruce, Daredevil and Titania as well. Abomination as a BAF.

I guess it depends how the show tracks with audiences.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Sun May 22, 2022 3:36 pm

e-rock wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 1:19 am
NORM wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 12:42 am
e-rock wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 12:40 am

Never bothered me cause I use masked heads
I did too til the digital print head came out. Then I replaced the head on the old figure even though it was molded in baby shit brown. The new body has better colors.
I only really ever use my unmasked heads if I end up with doubles of the figure or it is a civilian or someone who doesn't use a mask like Punisher.
Same. If the hero has a mask or helmet, that look comes first. I love the photo real tech. It really took the MCU figures to a new level, especially since they use a matte finish opposed to the gloss finish they started with.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2022 3:42 pm

KingMCUCollector wrote:
e-rock wrote:
NORM wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 12:42 am

I did too til the digital print head came out. Then I replaced the head on the old figure even though it was molded in baby shit brown. The new body has better colors.
I only really ever use my unmasked heads if I end up with doubles of the figure or it is a civilian or someone who doesn't use a mask like Punisher.
Same. If the hero has a mask or helmet, that look comes first. I love the photo real tech. It really took the MCU figures to a new level, especially since they use a matte finish opposed to the gloss finish they started with.
I'm 100% unmasked on everything! I hope it's something they never do away with and I'm actually extremely disappointed both of the Moon Knight's don't have an unmasked head.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2022 5:17 pm

Slixta wrote:
KingMCUCollector wrote:
e-rock wrote:
I'm 100% unmasked on everything! I hope it's something they never do away with and I'm actually extremely disappointed both of the Moon Knight's don't have an unmasked head.
I'm actually the same way, mainly because I think its somewhat unique of our times. And because I believe the likenesses to most of the source material or actors looks better then they used to. When I was younger most of my toys were just mask on, or buying alternate outfits with masks off. And alot of the times the maskless figures didn't always look good. Nowadays, not only is displaying them without a mask an option, the faces usually look pretty damn good on top of that. There are some that are hit and miss. But for the majority, they look really nice.

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 12:57 am

I tried to give up unmasked versions, and really wanted to get down to one ultimate version of each character, but for several I just can't (down to two of most but still have several Spider- and Iron Men). So for those that are appropriate (not Widow or Thor I mean), I'll have the second version unmasked. Stuff like Black Panther and Ant-Man, I have them holding the helmet/mask in their hands. But now that means I'm gonna need an Oscar Isaac head and am STILL waiting for a photoreal Banner and completely unmasked Rhodey, preferably on the Mark 4 armor. Thankfully, I don't extend this to the villains. So Zemo, Hela, Killmonger, and Ghost I only have one figure of each. And Taskmaster, Vulture, and Mysterio I'm good with. Really interested in how they do Green Goblin when they finally do because I'd love the final battle version WITH a masked option.

Anyways, always fun seeing what sort of rules we all set for ourselves.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 1:22 am

I have a lot of doubles, or double dips (multipacks) on display that I wouldn’t keep out, to have the likeness. RDJ is the only figure I have in my endgame hero display with his mask off though.

Moon Knight is an odd man out…there’s like one scene where he barely has either costume visible and no mask. He obviously spent way more time out of the suits than in them, but I don’t know that it would look right to me. They want to give us a generic MCU male disguise figure with heads for Cap, Marc, etc, that’s another story.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 2:02 am

It's funny because this is the Marc head I want:
Spoiler! :
While this is the Mr. Knight head I want:
Spoiler! :
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Mon May 23, 2022 2:36 am

I do prefer to keep the masks and helmets on, but I welcome the addition of the photo real heads. My idea of a perfect figure includes alternate hands, weapons (if necessary), use of power, and an unmasked head.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen a picture of Moon Knight and Mr. Knight in package? I was still holding out hope that unmasked heads are included, but the way everyone is talking makes me thinks I missed the news.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 3:00 am

KingMCUCollector wrote:
I do prefer to keep the masks and helmets on, but I welcome the addition of the photo real heads. My idea of a perfect figure includes alternate hands, weapons (if necessary), use of power, and an unmasked head.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen a picture of Moon Knight and Mr. Knight in package? I was still holding out hope that unmasked heads are included, but the way everyone is talking makes me thinks I missed the news.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's still only renders we've seen. the Hawkeyes were shown on one of the fanf*%# livestreams, but I don't think they showed closeups at all. Just the quick "wanna see the back of the package" fakeout. But it did seem the figures had bandaids on their faces at least. Moon Knight I don't think they've shown figures of at all so far. That's why Sharon was even crazier.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Mon May 23, 2022 3:19 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:00 am
KingMCUCollector wrote:

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's still only renders we've seen. the Hawkeyes were shown on one of the fanf*%# livestreams, but I don't think they showed closeups at all. Just the quick "wanna see the back of the package" fakeout. But it did seem the figures had bandaids on their faces at least. Moon Knight I don't think they've shown figures of at all so far. That's why Sharon was even crazier.
That’s all I can remember too, but I feel like there’s something that passed me. I know Oscar Isaac’s brother reviewed both Moon Knight and Mr. Knight, but I didn’t see him show any alternate heads. We’ll know soon enough. Would be nice.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 3:34 am

Nothing has shown us alt heads for the Moon Knight figures, so I am inclined to assume they don't have them
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 3:49 am

Ah see, somehow I'd totally forgotten that thing with his brother.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 7:49 am

Packaged Moon Knight and Mr. Knight were in the background of the latest livestream, along with Kate and Clint. No alt heads visible in the packages, but there is some heavy glare that obscures some of what's inside.

I'll be curious to see if Poe Dameron figures suddenly skyrocket in value after the first person tries a swap and it looks good...
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 8:09 am

Those heads aren't usually interchangeable. Star Wars Black uses smaller pegs, balls, and holes in the head, usually. I think the new barbell system ML has used from time to time recently is the same size as what SW uses though. So if either MK figure is using that system then they may be easier to transfer, but you'd still probably have to drill out the Poe head a little to make them easily removable, because SW, at least until recently, made their heads super hard to pop off without alot of heat or force, sometimes both. On top of that, as I think I've said before, none of the Poe heads are worth using anyway unless they are repainted. The ones from TFA are crap, and the TLJ version is marginally better. Iirc, some people have repainted them to make them alot more acceptable, but those are really good painters and modders. Stock Poe heads are shit.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics