Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 8:38 pm

Yeah it's a bit much. I'm trying to enjoy the multiverse stuff but it helps assuming it will end relatively soon.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 8:46 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:50 pm

Has anyone determined how much, if any, reuse Sharon has? The coat and head are obviously new, but her arms, legs, and torso parts? If those are from someone else, maybe that explains how quickly they had her ready, if she wasn't originally meant for an earlier release.

I know we discussed this when the first D+ wave was shown. WandaVision could have had at least ALMOST its own wave as well. You certainly could have done it if you included some peripheral figures (sorta like Astral Strange in the MOM wave, or even the IW and CW figures included in the Endgame wave. But:

Scarlet Witch
The Vision
Halloween Wanda
Halloween Vision
Halloween Pietro
Darcy Lewis (Most likely the, uh, Sgt. Pepper outfit)
Monica Rambeau
BAF - Agatha

Jimmy Woo Target Exclusive

Hawkeye could have supported a six figure wave as well.

Clint
Kate
Ronin repaint
Yelena
Echo
Jack
BAF - Kingpin

Or include Kazi with army building heads.

Moon Knight...maybe not. But at least half a wave with a BAF and deluxe. Merging that with Ms Marvel would likely though!
Slixta wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:17 pm
These long windows in between waves could be done away with if they stop putting so many D+ series in one wave. Honestly I think there should only be be two D+ shows to a wave tops.
Or just go with a general MCU line, putting out a wave every month or two.

Sharon is mostly new, the only reuse is the arms, hands, and maybe the upper legs.

WandaVision totally could have and should have had it's own wave...

1. Scarlet Witch
2. Vision
3. Maria Rambeau
4. Jimmy Woo (Alternate Tyler Hayward head)
5. Darcy Lewis
6. Vision (White)
7. Pietro Maximoff (Halloween)
BAF: Agatha Harkness

Target Exclusive: Billy Maximoff (Halloween)
Walmart Exclusive: Tommy Maximoff (Halloween)

Hawkeye really could do a whole wave too...

1. Hawkeye
2. Kate Bishop
3. Maya "Echo" Lopez
4. Yelena Belova
5. Eleanor Bishop
6. Jack Dusquesne
7. Kazi/Tracksuit Mafia
BAF: Kingpin

Target Exclusive: Ronin

It just seems like it's getting harder and harder for Hasbro to keep up, so maybe mixed waves are the answer going forward?

We really are at a point where the MCU and comic lines should really break away from each other. Plus with Hasbro heading towards plastic-free packaging it's the perfect time for a re-brand/re-launch.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 8:53 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Slight MOM spoiler, but the spoil part was in trailers:
Spoiler! :
I saw some taking the "X-Men 97" theme used when Charles enters the scene in MOM as an indication that cartoon will be canon to the 838 universe. And I've seen arguments against that, since Carol was on the old cartoon but Maria is Captain Marvel etc.

But the cartoon could be SOME universe in there.

Also, my theory is still a lot of the heroes (particularly the FF and mutants) are gonna be mixed into the 616 MCU universe from another universe after the Secret Wars event.
Spoiler! :
Another issue regarding 838 being X-Men 97 is that Captain America was in several X-Men 97 episodes, which means there would need to be an explanation as to how Captain Carter and Captain America both exist in that universe.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 9:03 pm

Yeah, that X-Men 97 thing holds no water.

Also, again yeah, MCU line. Separate lines!!!!!
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri May 20, 2022 10:26 pm

I wonder if the Hasbro team has discussed our hopes of having a dedicated MCU line? I never know if they actually read these forums but sometimes when you hear something enough in the community (double jointed females, MCU Quicksilver, etc) the team eventually brings it up in some way. I'm not saying an overwhelming amount of us are asking for a 'running all MCU" wave but at this point it's almost becoming the only logical choice.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 1:16 am

Sharon might be all-new except for the arms. Her legs look to have a seam on them I don't remember seeing on other figures. Also, her legs are way too long, but that happened to the Elektra/JJ body and the 80s Storm body as well, which is even longer with the boots. Wouldn't mind that be brought down just a bit.
Soundswipe
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 21, 2022 2:06 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:50 pm

Or just go with a general MCU line, putting out a wave every month or two.
I would probably burst out into actual tears of joy if they were to announce this and I’m not even ashamed :lol:
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 2:13 am

You know what, same here.
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 21, 2022 2:36 am

Me three!! It would be a momentous occasion in the Legends journey for sure!
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 3:38 am

Make that 4 of us
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights

Sat May 21, 2022 6:08 am

KingMCUCollector wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:24 pm
Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:54 am
KingMCUCollector wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:34 am

That would be almost as much fun as Ravenger Thor (my number 2 Marvel Legend of the year).
I was thinking the same.

Also, "Buffalo" above was meant to be "Ruffalo" and I was too dumb to review for spell-miscorrects.
No, no, no. Nothing about you is dumb, my friend. I was diagnosed as being dyslexic at the age of 18. Trust me when I say even typing this sentence will get my brain all glitched. LMDBO!!!!!

Also, that tease at the end of the Livestream was clearly Agent Jimmy Woo. It’s only a matter of time before we get Dr. Darcy Lewis.
What was the tease? I missed it
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 6:19 am

It was a hand holding something, but apparently it was Morph holding a remote control.
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat May 21, 2022 11:31 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
It was a hand holding something, but apparently it was Morph holding a remote control.
Is this confirmed? I really hope not. That would be a quick turn around from tease to debut. And the "remote" seems a bit short, but that doesn't mean it isn't.

I was trying not to get my hopes up off a tease but my gut just knew it was Jimmy.

Worst case scenario it isn't Jimmy.
Second worst case scenario it's just Jimmy.
Third worst case scenario it's Jimmy and Monica.
Still kinda not great scenario is it's Jimmy with circus Darcy.
Best freaking case scenario it's Jimmy with civilian clothes Darcy and alternate beanie head.

But go ahead and break my heart and tell me it's confirmed to me Morph... I can handle it... I won't cry....
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 1:03 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 11:31 am
Ru_1977 wrote:
Is this confirmed? I really hope not. That would be a quick turn around from tease to debut. And the "remote" seems a bit short, but that doesn't mean it isn't.
That hand can be re-used even if it was likely teasing Morph this time and not Jimmy.

Jimmy, Gambit, Bullseye all could use that hand. So keep hope alive that it is teasing Jimmy...eventually.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 4:12 pm

I don't think it's confirmed but when they showed the hand, didn't they say something about jacket off or jacket on? The morph package shows the character wearing a jacket so maybe he has alternate arms to go both ways.

I know it's not really Morph's fault we got excited for Jimmy but I have a suggestion of where to put that remote control anyway.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”