Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 4:24 am

e-rock wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:45 am
Me too!!! Would be nice to be able to get Misty and some other key characters!
Yes! I fully support an MCU Misty Knight figure.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 4:34 am

KingMCUCollector wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:13 am
Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:41 am
Even if he has the same costume, I'd be happy with a new Daredevil figure. That head always bothered me. Jessica and Luke were fine but if they're gonna do Iron Fist, it probably goes without saying it's time for a proper costume. And it seems to be the trend in Phase 4 to give a lot of these characters costumes that are closer to comicish. But aside from all them, Bullseye please, and introduce characters like White Tiger.
Marvel Television auctioned off all the Netflix costumes a little over a year ago. Marvel Studios will have to start from scratch.
I'm not surprised but I would think Marvel Studios would do a new costume anyway. You have to do new ones for every production, even if the same design, along with stunt versions etc. So, when I say "same costume" I mean design, like Darth Vader from ESB to ROTJ. Same design but they had to make a new one.

In story it makes sense for a new costume as well since Bullseye tarnished it. But even if they never get into that (which, they can now since they own those shows), superheroes get new costumes all the time. Cap had a new one every movie. Even the WW2 suit he had in The Winter Soldier, I assume was supposed to be his original one... or based on it at least, but is clearly a different suit. E-rock, I know... I know, it's not that different to your eyes.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 4:35 am

maczero wrote:
e-rock wrote:
It would be amazing if we finally got figures of people like that. Hopefully even if people like Colleen don't manage to show up, Hasbro could still put her figure out again in a Legacy thing.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 5:17 am

KingMCUCollector wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
Even if he has the same costume, I'd be happy with a new Daredevil figure. That head always bothered me. Jessica and Luke were fine but if they're gonna do Iron Fist, it probably goes without saying it's time for a proper costume. And it seems to be the trend in Phase 4 to give a lot of these characters costumes that are closer to comicish. But aside from all them, Bullseye please, and introduce characters like White Tiger.
Marvel Television auctioned off all the Netflix costumes a little over a year ago. Marvel Studios will have to start from scratch.
There's multiple costumes for every costume.

Daredevils costume, and luke cage's hoodie are currently on display at the traveling marvel universe of heroes exhibit along with all of the mcu stuff

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 5:19 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
KingMCUCollector wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:13 am
Ru_1977 wrote:
I'm not surprised but I would think Marvel Studios would do a new costume anyway. You have to do new ones for every production, even if the same design, along with stunt versions etc. So, when I say "same costume" I mean design, like Darth Vader from ESB to ROTJ. Same design but they had to make a new one.

In story it makes sense for a new costume as well since Bullseye tarnished it. But even if they never get into that (which, they can now since they own those shows), superheroes get new costumes all the time. Cap had a new one every movie. Even the WW2 suit he had in The Winter Soldier, I assume was supposed to be his original one... or based on it at least, but is clearly a different suit. E-rock, I know... I know, it's not that different to your eyes.
But also true. They alter costumes for every outting. So either way it will be a new one

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 10:06 am

Iirc, and last I checked, Cox, Ritter, and Bernthal were still either under some contract or at least in contact with Marvel about reprising their roles. But Colter and Jones were both, I think released? Or just never renewed? Anyway, they may be recast, or even possibly never mentioned again. Whereas, Bernthal has already said Punisher is coming back at some point, and Cox was in Spiderman and is probably getting either another season or a soft reboot on Disney. Haven't heard much about Ritter, but, again, as far as I remember, she is still MCU Jessica Jones.

So, I don't think they'll make a whole lot of supporting cast from the old seasons, but they may have a few from the new one(s). I honestly would like them to at least do 1 more of each, even the not so great Iron Fist, if nothing else but to end the story. And then maybe put him in a supporting role in a future film. Luke Cage's arc for season 3 would've been very interesting. And I'm hoping we get to see an actual season 4 of Daredevil to get more with him and Bullseye. I think Jessica Jones ended on a decent note, but I would have no problems watching more. And as an avid Punisher fan, I will take anything and everything they wanna put out of him. Both his seasons were fantastic, and he was the highlight of DD S2 imo. I'm all but done buying MCU figures. Lack of room and the price hikes saw to that, and the fact I couldn't find most of them for the longest time. Now I only get the ones I really like. Hawkeye and Kate are both preordered. But I would definitely take a few of the old or new characters from those (previously) Netflix shows.

And I can almost gurantee XMen 97 will have nothing to do with the MCU. It's a continuation of a show from the 90s. When XMen hit the MCU, itll be a movie, and probably one of their biggest events.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 10:35 am

JPC wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:54 am
It's interesting that Sharon is the only "final product" we've seen of this wave. No renders for her, but only renders for the other four.
I'd imagine she would have been in the works longer, so all the approvals are probably signed off on and finalized?
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 12:20 pm

I'm really happy that this wave sets a new precedent for most female characters in a single wave.

Hopefully this wave does extremely well, so that old archaic way of thinking female figures don't sell can disappear forever.

I think they talked about Gambit too much for that card hand tease to actually be him, so I'm really hoping it is Jimmy (although I'm sure they will use it for animated Gambit). I'm really hoping for a Disney+ wave 4 to be a fill in wave!

1. Classic Loki (With Crocodile Loki)
2. Ravonna Renslayer (With Miss Minutes)
3. Agatha Harkness
4. Jimmy Woo
5. Darcy Lewis
6. Batroc
7. Yelena Belova
BAF: Kingpin
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 12:47 pm

I like Slixta's wave, and suspect most of those will be coming at some point when the characters reappear, except for Classic Loki and Batroc. Loki being the most-watched series so far suggests they might go back to it - I feel like a 4-pack of Old, Boastful and Young Loki plus Croc would be a big hit.

Remembering that F&WS was originally planned to be the first D+ show but got pushed back, putting WandaVision out first, makes me think that the original plan for D+ W1 would have been just two shows: Falcon, Bucky, USAgent, Zemo, Sharon; Wanda and Vision.

Then D+ W2 would have been Loki (the 3 figures) and the first 3 or 4 figures of What If...? and D+ W3 would have been the rest of What If...? and Hawkeye (splitting up What If...? to line up with the two BAFs) and maybe Moon Knight or a couple more What If...? figs like Gamora and Party Thor.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 20, 2022 1:03 pm

Slixta wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:20 pm
I'm really happy that this wave sets a new precedent for most female characters in a single wave.

Hopefully this wave does extremely well, so that old archaic way of thinking female figures don't sell can disappear forever.

I think they talked about Gambit too much for that card hand tease to actually be him, so I'm really hoping it is Jimmy (although I'm sure they will use it for animated Gambit). I'm really hoping for a Disney+ wave 4 to be a fill in wave!

1. Classic Loki (With Crocodile Loki)
2. Ravonna Renslayer (With Miss Minutes)
3. Agatha Harkness
4. Jimmy Woo
5. Darcy Lewis
6. Batroc
7. Yelena Belova
BAF: Kingpin
I’m hoping it does well too. I’m excited the direction the Marvel Cinematic Universe is going. Everything seems to be a natural progression. I see the “new thing” is to call it the “M-She-U”. What kind of insecure people are we dealing with? Women have been kicking butt in Marvel comics, and cinema in general for years. I’m thrilled to have more representation of the men and women who bring these characters to life. It’s not even forced, it’s a natural progression of what you see when you look out your door. That’s the foundation of the Marvel Universe. That’s what a guy like Stan Lee had in mind when creating characters. If people have a problem now, just wait until the 616 X-Men come to the party. Talk about powerful women.

Anyway, the Disney Plus waves are my jam. This is shaping up to be my favorite of the 3.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 20, 2022 1:05 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:17 am
KingMCUCollector wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
There's multiple costumes for every costume.

Daredevils costume, and luke cage's hoodie are currently on display at the traveling marvel universe of heroes exhibit along with all of the mcu stuff

ImageImage

It’s funny. I remember searching for this about a month or so ago. I thought I remembered reading about a couple of the costumes still being available for display, but I couldn’t find anything. Thank you!!
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Fri May 20, 2022 1:11 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 4:35 am
maczero wrote:
e-rock wrote:
It would be amazing if we finally got figures of people like that. Hopefully even if people like Colleen don't manage to show up, Hasbro could still put her figure out again in a Legacy thing.
One way or another, I have to have a Misty Knight figure. Side note, Simone Missick is just all kinds of beautiful and unbelievably pleasant. I had the pleasure of meeting her and her husband Dorian in 2018. They are both a blast. Whatever they do, they have to get her back as Misty. She loves that role.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 1:17 pm

Honestly with all the figures released from Falcon & The Winter Soldier it could have and should have been it's own wave...

1. Captain America (Sam Wilson)
2. Winter Soldier
3. US Agent
4. Sharon Carter
5. Baron Zemo
6. Winter Soldier (Flashback)
7. Captain America (John Walker)
BAF: Wings

These long windows in between waves could be done away with if they stop putting so many D+ series in one wave. Honestly I think there should only be be two D+ shows to a wave tops.

I already know that She-Hulk is going to be full of potential. I already want...

Jennifer Walters
She-Hulk
Bruce Banner
Emil Blonsky
Abomination
Titania
Frog Man

That's already a full wave right there and I didn't even include Hulk (because I'd rather have his Endgame look).
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 1:25 pm

Missick was really well cast as Knight; I enjoyed every moment of her on screen. I do hope she gets a figure, but I think that's hella unlikely.
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 2:31 pm

Slixta wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:17 pm
These long windows in between waves could be done away with if they stop putting so many D+ series in one wave. Honestly I think there should only be be two D+ shows to a wave tops.
You'd still have the long wait between waves even if there's less "show sharing" in a wave. I mean the only way to decrease wait times between waves is to increase the number of waves. Is your point that you'd like to complete a core cast in a single wave? I can see the benefit in that but I think we have to recognize this is Marvel Studios call and they're going to want their star characters out at the time these series premiere or shortly after. So that means your supporting cast is going to have to wait. I'm fine with that as long as it happens within a year. Maybe the key to completing a cast quickly is supplementing the wave with deluxes, two packs and exclusives.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”