Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5884
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Thu May 19, 2022 9:55 pm

So basically what we need is:

Comic line
MCU line (with two dedicated D+ waves a year)
Gamerverse sometimes.
Animated

Yes to me that makes sense as well but I know plenty will explain to me why it doesn't.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Thu May 19, 2022 10:08 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:22 pm
I just realized this is our first Disney Plus Wave this year and actually, it's "technically" scheduled for next year. Maybe I've got to stop looking for patterns with Hasbro but I can't help it. I was really hoping they'd maintain the 2 waves per year.

I also wish What if wasn't rolled into these waves. Because does that mean we will be sharing with Xmen 97, Marvel Zombies, Spider-Man prequel, and any other D+ animated shows? That'd be far too much to cram in these waves that may not even release twice a year like I expected. If they aren't adding those other animated projects into the D+ waves then why is What if in it?

I say this because in a perfect world (or honestly just a world that makes sense) we would get 2 D+ waves this year and they wouldn't include any animated characters. Assuming the final 2 figures are Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk. That would leave a whole other wave of 7 figures and a BAF to cover the final 3 live action shows of the year (Werewolf by Night, I am Groot, Guardians Holiday) 2 of those could honestly be left out considering the Guardians are returning so soon. Give us Werewolf and then you've still got 7 spots left to full with past shows characters.

Basically if D+ got a wave twice a year and didn't include any animated figures we'd be golden!! It seems simple enough. Throw What if in its own animated wave to add all the other upcoming animated Marvel shows to.
I'm under the belief that we'll continue to see everything Disney Plus grouped together. I'm in the strong minority, but I love the What If figures. If it had zero connection to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I would feel the same as a lot of the rest of you, but Disney Plus wave 2 was arguably my favorite wave of the year. I also thought we would see two of these waves a year, but the way wave 3 has been revealed throughout the year, makes it seem unlikely, but you never know.

It has yet to be seen if X-Men 97 or Marvel Zombies are connected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, outside of the 616. Spider-Man: Freshman Year is definitely connected. I assumed the X-Men: The Animated Series figures we are getting would cover X-Men 97, but you never know. Zombie Captain America was so well received last year, I fully expect Hasbro and Marvel to capitalize on Marvel Zombies.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3262
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 12:13 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:55 pm
So basically what we need is:

Comic line
MCU line (with two dedicated D+ waves a year)
Gamerverse sometimes.
Animated

Yes to me that makes sense as well but I know plenty will explain to me why it doesn't.
This sounds good to me!
User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5884
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 12:33 am

And now apparently we may be getting some Daredevil stuff in future Disney + waves....

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 235150713/
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3262
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 12:38 am

I saw that today, and I hope Daredevil gets an entire wave unto itself lol
User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5884
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 12:45 am

I really hope the other Defenders are at the very least supporting cast in this show. Absolutely a wave then.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3571
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 12:54 am

Sharon's likeness is better in the hi-res photos, but the lips are still not right.

Her knife throwing bit was the signature moment in her first fight, in this outfit.

It's interesting that Sharon is the only "final product" we've seen of this wave. No renders for her, but only renders for the other four.
User avatar
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 1:47 am

madflava wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:30 pm
Also, here accessories are a weird choice. She mainly used a gun and hand to hand to fight on the show yet she come with a knife and a batton? Would have been a better choice to give her a gun and holster.
Not really that weird. Her big action scene was in the freight yard and she primarily used a baton and a knife.
KingMCUCollector wrote: I'm in the strong minority, but I love the What If figures. If it had zero connection to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I would feel the same as a lot of the rest of you, but Disney Plus wave 2 was arguably my favorite wave of the year. I also thought we would see two of these waves a year, but the way wave 3 has been revealed throughout the year, makes it seem unlikely, but you never know.
You may not be in the minority. The What If wave appealed to a lot of comic only collectors. Personally, I was going to skip the wave and then realized I should have a Watcher in my collection. After watching the show, I ignored my "no multiverse" rule and decided to keep the figures. Although "Zombie Hunter" Spidey, might get sold off.
User avatar
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader
Location: I'm with Iron Man.
Posts: 20581
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:17 am

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 2:03 am

Sharon Carter is a surprising choice to me. Her storyline in Falcon & Winter Soldier was bizarre. But I am happy for all of her fans. I’m buying her no matter what because I need Infinity Ultron!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Prophet924
Thwipp!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Close enough to hear TMS roar.
Posts: 10518
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:19 am

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 2:19 am

The Netflix Defenders were some good action figures. I’m thrilled to see potential of more Charlie Cox. He was awesome as Daredevil/Matt Murdoch.

Man I’d flip if Jimmy Woo gets a figure. I’m hoping they find more story for him. Secret Invasion seems a likely place. Could be in the Armor Wars story too I guess.

Sharon Carter makes seven figures for Sam and Bucky show. Actually they made eight right? (Good Bucky, Winter Soldier redo, Sam BAF wings, Sam with non goggle head, Walker as Cap, Walker as Agent, Zemo, and now Sharon) That’s more than What if? Who have seven with Ultron BAF. Still hoping for Party Thor. Whoops eight-Hydra Stomper. So tied then.

D+ is going to be good for at least one wave a year for Hasbro, maybe two.

Thwipp!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 2:55 am

Prophet924 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:19 am
The Netflix Defenders were some good action figures. I’m thrilled to see potential of more Charlie Cox. He was awesome as Daredevil/Matt Murdoch.

Man I’d flip if Jimmy Woo gets a figure. I’m hoping they find more story for him. Secret Invasion seems a likely place. Could be in the Armor Wars story too I guess.

Sharon Carter makes seven figures for Sam and Bucky show. Actually they made eight right? (Good Bucky, Winter Soldier redo, Sam BAF wings, Sam with non goggle head, Walker as Cap, Walker as Agent, Zemo, and now Sharon) That’s more than What if? Who have seven with Ultron BAF. Still hoping for Party Thor. Whoops eight-Hydra Stomper. So tied then.

D+ is going to be good for at least one wave a year for Hasbro, maybe two.

Thwipp!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Netflix figures came out during the great turnaround for live action Marvel Legends. I still have them stored away. I take them out from time to time, because they are such well done figures.

I believe What If has 9 figures. WW2 Captain Carter, Hydra Stomper, T’Challa Star-Lord, Heist Nebula, Supreme Strange, Zombie Hunter Spidey, Zombie Captain America, The Watcher, and Stealth suit Captain Carter.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 2:57 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:33 am
And now apparently we may be getting some Daredevil stuff in future Disney + waves....

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv ... 235150713/
The character Daredevil is that darn good, and his supporting cast can finally get some love. Another character I’m ready to add to my collection.
User avatar
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5884
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:23 am

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 3:41 am

Even if he has the same costume, I'd be happy with a new Daredevil figure. That head always bothered me. Jessica and Luke were fine but if they're gonna do Iron Fist, it probably goes without saying it's time for a proper costume. And it seems to be the trend in Phase 4 to give a lot of these characters costumes that are closer to comicish. But aside from all them, Bullseye please, and introduce characters like White Tiger.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3262
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 3:45 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 12:45 am
I really hope the other Defenders are at the very least supporting cast in this show. Absolutely a wave then.
Me too!!! Would be nice to be able to get Misty and some other key characters!
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Fri May 20, 2022 4:13 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:41 am
Even if he has the same costume, I'd be happy with a new Daredevil figure. That head always bothered me. Jessica and Luke were fine but if they're gonna do Iron Fist, it probably goes without saying it's time for a proper costume. And it seems to be the trend in Phase 4 to give a lot of these characters costumes that are closer to comicish. But aside from all them, Bullseye please, and introduce characters like White Tiger.
Marvel Television auctioned off all the Netflix costumes a little over a year ago. Marvel Studios will have to start from scratch.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”