Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Rawr993
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Thu May 19, 2022 3:23 am

Surprised by the reveal of sharon, definitely a welcome addition but definitely not something that was highly coveted for me. Hopefully if we get a fourth disney+ wave it will have agatha, she’s my most wanted figure from the first year of Disney+ marvel shows.

The only characters for me that i really want from fatws is falcon and maybe an accurate us agent. I really wanna see a deluxe falcon like the white widow with a flight stand an explosion effects.

So far the likeness for this wave are looking a little bit generic imo reminds me of the black widow wave and based on the reveals don’t really have the same quality as the first disney+ wave.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 19, 2022 1:24 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:54 am
KingMCUCollector wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:34 am
Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:22 am

I don't really want another Hulk but wouldn't mind one in his Endgame suit before he does his snap. BUT, him in the Thunderbird shirt (which I gotta wonder if that was a Buffalo choice given his support for Native tribes) would be extremely tempting.
That would be almost as much fun as Ravenger Thor (my number 2 Marvel Legend of the year).
I was thinking the same.

Also, "Buffalo" above was meant to be "Ruffalo" and I was too dumb to review for spell-miscorrects.
No, no, no. Nothing about you is dumb, my friend. I was diagnosed as being dyslexic at the age of 18. Trust me when I say even typing this sentence will get my brain all glitched. LMDBO!!!!!

Also, that tease at the end of the Livestream was clearly Agent Jimmy Woo. It’s only a matter of time before we get Dr. Darcy Lewis.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 4:30 pm

My mom and most of her siblings are varying degrees of dyslexic. It would take her several minutes to type "lmdbo".

I really hope it's Jimmy Woo. I would still expect Monica with him though, especially if they're able to reuse any parts from the Marvels figure I'm guessing they had almost ready before the release dates changed.
effigy
Customized

Thu May 19, 2022 4:37 pm

I don't understand why they are dripping this wave out like this. We've seen Ms Marvel, we've seen She Hulk. If those are the last two, why not just release the whole wave for pre order? And why did we have to wait this long for Sharon? She's not even remotely a spoiler. Is this just an experiment to see if they get more bang for their buck in slowly putting a wave up for pre order rather than putting it up all at once?
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 5:04 pm

effigy wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 4:37 pm
I don't understand why they are dripping this wave out like this. We've seen Ms Marvel, we've seen She Hulk. If those are the last two, why not just release the whole wave for pre order? And why did we have to wait this long for Sharon? She's not even remotely a spoiler. Is this just an experiment to see if they get more bang for their buck in slowly putting a wave up for pre order rather than putting it up all at once?
At this point we can only speculate. But Clint, Kate, and the Moon Knights all went up for preorder, if I remember correctly, after their shows started not the trailers. I thought maybe they might make an exception for at least She Hulk since her show is still a few months out and it would make sense for sales to show all the figures already but apparently not.

Black Series has done this here and there as well, trickling out the reveals for waves even with figures from older projects that aren't spoilers.

With Sharon, the best I can come up with is the rumor about her appearing in an episode of Moon Knight (I assume at the gathering where the guy had jousting or something?) but either that was false or she was cut out at some point. If that was true though, maybe Hasbro knew about it but it wasn't until the episode aired that they realized she wasn't in it anymore. Or maybe she is a last minute substitution for another figure that was removed from the wave? I'm guessing she has some recycled parts on her.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 19, 2022 5:41 pm

Initially, I thought this was all about Marvel Studios and their marketing team. When we get official first looks from the studio, be it in a teaser, official trailer, or the series, Marvel wanted to be the first to reveal these figures in a press release. The reveal of Sharon Carter even made me scratch my head. Not because I wasn’t excited to see her, but I assumed the model I listed above would lead to a reveal of a character we had yet to meet from an upcoming series.

I still don’t think we’ll have to wait until February 2023. She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, premieres in August, so hopefully we’ll be looking at a release anywhere between July-September. Just a guess, but either way I think we’ll see this wave sooner rather than later.
madflava
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:30 pm

Sharon Carter is just a weird choice. I do feel it's great to get an updated head sculpt but I just feel across the Disney+ shows there were some characters more deserving of a figure at this time. Also, here accessories are a weird choice. She mainly used a gun and hand to hand to fight on the show yet she come with a knife and a batton? Would have been a better choice to give her a gun and holster. Probably not going to buy her right away, she looks like discount clearance pick.
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 19, 2022 6:56 pm

Is Sharon not up on Amazon yet?
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:01 pm

I think Sharon Carter will wind up playing a larger role in the MCU as a whole. As the Power Broker, she will be an important behind the scenes type schemer, and broaden who she works with/for.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:04 pm

JoshuaKat wrote:

fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:22 pm

Wondering if Sharon was originally planned and sculpted to be part of the D+ Wave 1, but was replaced with Loki. The Loki figs coming out piecemeal (2 waves and an exclusive) seemed odd at the time. It is possible the ever-changing premiere dates made the D+ waves hard to plan for, and maybe that is still the case, hence a bit of a mish-mash this time (four shows so far - Hawkeye, Moon Knight, What If...?, F&WS...).
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:27 pm

Sharon Carter is now up for pre-order at Target, but not Bag-Man.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 7:28 pm

Whatever it is, the ever-changing premiere dates make sense to be part of it for sure. but yeah, I could see that. The first wave, they wanted the title characters for the first three shows then also included a couple of F&WS adversaries. Maybe Marvel told them not to indicate Sharon was a big deal in it? Or ...I can't remember, maybe the wave was revealed before her first episode came out? Man I dunno. But Sylvie made sense to include in the second wave over Sharon, at that point.

I dunno. As long as they throw in a figure from 'older' stuff (I know the show is only just over a year old now) to fill up a wave, I'm happy. Spread that attitude over to the movie waves too, por favor.
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 19, 2022 9:09 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 7:04 pm
JoshuaKat wrote:

Thank you!
JoshuaKat
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu May 19, 2022 9:22 pm

I just realized this is our first Disney Plus Wave this year and actually, it's "technically" scheduled for next year. Maybe I've got to stop looking for patterns with Hasbro but I can't help it. I was really hoping they'd maintain the 2 waves per year.

I also wish What if wasn't rolled into these waves. Because does that mean we will be sharing with Xmen 97, Marvel Zombies, Spider-Man prequel, and any other D+ animated shows? That'd be far too much to cram in these waves that may not even release twice a year like I expected. If they aren't adding those other animated projects into the D+ waves then why is What if in it?

I say this because in a perfect world (or honestly just a world that makes sense) we would get 2 D+ waves this year and they wouldn't include any animated characters. Assuming the final 2 figures are Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk. That would leave a whole other wave of 7 figures and a BAF to cover the final 3 live action shows of the year (Werewolf by Night, I am Groot, Guardians Holiday) 2 of those could honestly be left out considering the Guardians are returning so soon. Give us Werewolf and then you've still got 7 spots left to full with past shows characters.

Basically if D+ got a wave twice a year and didn't include any animated figures we'd be golden!! It seems simple enough. Throw What if in its own animated wave to add all the other upcoming animated Marvel shows to.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”