Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Wed May 18, 2022 11:04 pm

Sigourney has many figures with great likenesses...

EVC has a very unique face and this one is off in a lot of key places - forehead is a bit too big, eyes are too big, the sly smile is very much her but not exactly the right shape and the brows aren't exactly right. The eyes being too big and not catlike enough is the real hurdle.

Maybe this is another one of the "photo double" close enough likenesses they've started. Now I'm kinda curious to see the digital render...
maczero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 11:22 pm

I was really happy for you guys that have been begging for Sharon. I want her as well but I would've preferred a Civil War version. Speaking of which, do you think it's possible that they could've given Sharon the Moira MacTaggert treatment? I mean throw in swappable arms and a vest and we would've been able to recreate her Civil War look.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 11:45 pm

maczero wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 11:22 pm
I was really happy for you guys that have been begging for Sharon. I want her as well but I would've preferred a Civil War version. Speaking of which, do you think it's possible that they could've given Sharon the Moira MacTaggert treatment? I mean throw in swappable arms and a vest and we would've been able to recreate her Civil War look.
At least going by the figure we see as packaged, doesn't look that way.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 18, 2022 11:48 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 9:47 pm
See, this really shines a light on some issues with the series as I wouldn't label Karli as the main villain. It felt like they were trying to reveal it was Sharon all along, manipulating and maneuvering through the series. Batroc, Zemo, Walker, and Karli are all opponents but I think, *think*, Sharon was many to be the ultimate opponent. Walker was juiced up but wants to be a hero, Zemo... Is still zemoing, and Karli was an antihero in a sense, and one Sam agreed with but not her methods.

That's my read anyway, or what I can remember. I only watched it once and really doubt I will again.
Careful, you might be swaying me into being okay with Karli being MIA, LOL!!! But sometimes you get a situation like Black Widow. While Drakov is the main villain, Taskmaster is the cooler figure and the physical threat. Also the more recognizable villain as a whole. So I am okay with Taskmaster having a figure, but not Drakov. Same with Winter Soldier vs Alexander Pierce (though I did kitbash a Pierce using the Quasar head). Admittedly though, Sharon is a step above Drakov cause we know her from other movies.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 12:00 am

So is this officially a ground breaking wave? Four female characters…even Captain Marvel and Black Widow movie waves didn’t get over three.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 12:16 am

Yep. All in all, I think this is a very good wave. I hope we get an exclusive of some kind though. Like we had with Stealth Peggy and Mobius
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 1:05 am

e-rock wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
See, this really shines a light on some issues with the series as I wouldn't label Karli as the main villain. It felt like they were trying to reveal it was Sharon all along, manipulating and maneuvering through the series. Batroc, Zemo, Walker, and Karli are all opponents but I think, *think*, Sharon was many to be the ultimate opponent. Walker was juiced up but wants to be a hero, Zemo... Is still zemoing, and Karli was an antihero in a sense, and one Sam agreed with but not her methods.

That's my read anyway, or what I can remember. I only watched it once and really doubt I will again.
Careful, you might be swaying me into being okay with Karli being MIA, LOL!!! But sometimes you get a situation like Black Widow. While Drakov is the main villain, Taskmaster is the cooler figure and the physical threat. Also the more recognizable villain as a whole. So I am okay with Taskmaster having a figure, but not Drakov. Same with Winter Soldier vs Alexander Pierce (though I did kitbash a Pierce using the Quasar head). Admittedly though, Sharon is a step above Drakov cause we know her from other movies.
But it sounds like a good thing, right? I totally get your reasoning and it's a healthy compromise to wanting EVERYONE.
september_death wrote: So is this officially a ground breaking wave? Four female characters…even Captain Marvel and Black Widow movie waves didn’t get over three.
That's an outstanding point. Both the ones you named only had two female figures in the proper wave, with exclusives and deluxe figures/sets adding some more.
e-rock wrote: Yep. All in all, I think this is a very good wave. I hope we get an exclusive of some kind though. Like we had with Stealth Peggy and Mobius
Someone mentioned the Hydra Stomper deluxe figure and hopefully Abomination getting that treatment. Would honestly be such a great way to release him for me. Probably works out to the same cost as getting two figures I don't want for BAF pieces, heh.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 19, 2022 1:15 am

I’m all for an Abomination deluxe figure. One character I haven’t seen people talk about is Hulk. He’s one of the OG Six, and he’s THE HULK!!! LOL!!! I wonder if we’ll get some version of him from the She-Hulk series. He could be a deluxe, or a strong candidate for Wave 4.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 1:22 am

KingMCUCollector wrote:
I’m all for an Abomination deluxe figure. One character I haven’t seen people talk about is Hulk. He’s one of the OG Six, and he’s THE HULK!!! LOL!!! I wonder if we’ll get some version of him from the She-Hulk series. He could be a deluxe, or a strong candidate for Wave 4.
I don't really want another Hulk but wouldn't mind one in his Endgame suit before he does his snap. BUT, him in the Thunderbird shirt (which I gotta wonder if that was a Buffalo choice given his support for Native tribes) would be extremely tempting.
KingMCUCollector
Avengers Assemble

Thu May 19, 2022 1:34 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
KingMCUCollector wrote:
I don't really want another Hulk but wouldn't mind one in his Endgame suit before he does his snap. BUT, him in the Thunderbird shirt (which I gotta wonder if that was a Buffalo choice given his support for Native tribes) would be extremely tempting.
That would be almost as much fun as Ravenger Thor (my number 2 Marvel Legend of the year).
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu May 19, 2022 1:41 am

Sharon looks really good. I may not collect MCU, but she would make a good civilian figure. If I find her on the cheap, I may pick her up.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Thu May 19, 2022 1:42 am

I can see Mattel female Wrestlers filling in as opponents for the sure to come MCU She-Hulk.

I am psyched up for D+ Summer Star Wars and Marvel! Then Thor in the theater! Awesome fun entertaining Summer!

Sharon Carter was a surprise. I was hoping for Karli but selfishly it was for Enfys Nest. The Power Broker surely must have a role in Armor Wars or as a Skrull in Secret Invasion. We know it’s going to happen. She does kick some butt in that episode where she looked like this.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 1:54 am

KingMCUCollector wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
KingMCUCollector wrote:
That would be almost as much fun as Ravenger Thor (my number 2 Marvel Legend of the year).
I was thinking the same.

Also, "Buffalo" above was meant to be "Ruffalo" and I was too dumb to review for spell-miscorrects.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:40 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 1:05 am
e-rock wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:

But it sounds like a good thing, right? I totally get your reasoning and it's a healthy compromise to wanting EVERYONE.
september_death wrote: So is this officially a ground breaking wave? Four female characters…even Captain Marvel and Black Widow movie waves didn’t get over three.
That's an outstanding point. Both the ones you named only had two female figures in the proper wave, with exclusives and deluxe figures/sets adding some more.
e-rock wrote: Yep. All in all, I think this is a very good wave. I hope we get an exclusive of some kind though. Like we had with Stealth Peggy and Mobius
Someone mentioned the Hydra Stomper deluxe figure and hopefully Abomination getting that treatment. Would honestly be such a great way to release him for me. Probably works out to the same cost as getting two figures I don't want for BAF pieces, heh.
I would love Abomination to be a deluxe! That would also open up a spot for a BAF next wave lol
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:42 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
KingMCUCollector wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
I was thinking the same.

Also, "Buffalo" above was meant to be "Ruffalo" and I was too dumb to review for spell-miscorrects.
Depending on skin tones, I see people getting Sharon for the MJ head that came with Gwen Stacy. I used the SDCC Jessica Jones, but I’m sure some are still looking for the right body for her.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”