Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Sun May 15, 2022 9:45 pm

Ah thank you. I thought maybe a sneeze while typing or something.
orpheus
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 17, 2022 1:33 am

i read back several pages and didn't see this mentioned, but is it still totally unknown when this will ship? i'm really too excited for the Moon Knight figure, but all the known figures really exciting.
Spoiler! :
Hoping the others in the wave are Scarlet Scarab or Echo, Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk. Since Kingpin is now in the Disney Plus canon and DD's been in the movies and rumored to come in future disney+ shows, I hope we get a Kingpin - Vigilante DD
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 1:05 pm

Is this the longest they've ever strung out the reveals for a single wave? I mean we're pushing 6 months since we first saw Hawkeye and Kate Bishop. Just get this over with Hasbro!
Spiderman91
Faster than a speeding bullet

Tue May 17, 2022 1:09 pm

zodach wrote:
Is this the longest they've ever strung out the reveals for a single wave? I mean we're pushing 6 months since we first saw Hawkeye and Kate Bishop. Just get this over with Hasbro!
Right! Especially since it seems a given that Ms Marvel and She-Hulk, which we have seen official designs of MULTIPLE times already, will likely be represented!

I am hopeful that the final is a Disney+ character from a title we have already seen to help with the never ending back log - but agree that if that were the case they would have been revealed by now...
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 1:16 pm

Well someone in here leaked one of the final characters is a past D+ female villain if i remember that correctly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 2:32 pm

The wave concept doesn't work all that well for the D+ shows. I think they need to be released one show at a time, maybe to fill out a regular wave (Hawkeye and Kate instead of Sleepwalker and D'Spyre for instance) or as 2-packs/3-packs and have them come out while the show is on. Hawkeye and Kate 2-pack could have been out in December, Moon Knight/Mr Knight in April.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 2:35 pm

fac wrote:The wave concept doesn't work all that well for the D+ shows. I think they need to be released one show at a time, maybe to fill out a regular wave (Hawkeye and Kate instead of Sleepwalker and D'Spyre for instance) or as 2-packs/3-packs and have them come out while the show is on. Hawkeye and Kate 2-pack could have been out in December, Moon Knight/Mr Knight in April.
Hawkeye and Kate wouldn't make any sense at all in a strange wave... and the comic fans would be SOL and have about no chance at getting a sleepealker and D'Spayre

september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 2:35 pm

Or in other waves; we know supply chain is still screwing with Hasbro’s timelines, but the lag on these figures is crazy. Classic Avengers wave for the Hawkeyes, Marvel Knights or horror wave for Moon Knight. Modern Avengers wave for Kamala and She-Hulk.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 2:37 pm

september_death wrote:Or in other waves; we know supply chain is still screwing with Hasbro’s timelines, but the lag on these figures is crazy. Classic Avengers wave for the Hawkeyes, Marvel Knights or horror wave for Moon Knight. Modern Avengers wave for Kamala and She-Hulk.
^ this one makes far more sense

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Tue May 17, 2022 2:43 pm

september_death wrote:Or in other waves; we know supply chain is still screwing with Hasbro’s timelines, but the lag on these figures is crazy. Classic Avengers wave for the Hawkeyes, Marvel Knights or horror wave for Moon Knight. Modern Avengers wave for Kamala and She-Hulk.
Yes! That’s the way to handle these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 3:50 pm

zodach wrote:
Not really Hasbro's fault on this one. They cannot control the time frame of release for Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk, so they are slaves to the whims of Marvel on this.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 3:52 pm

I vote broader MCU waves over mixing MCU with comic figures even harder.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 3:56 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
Same. By doing it this way, we at least have a MCU based BAF. But I don't know if this would be practical, but what about mimicking Todd a bit and spreading out the release of the D+ figures with full cases of single figures? That way, at least Hawkeye/Kate would have been in stores already and so would Moon Knight/Mr. Knight. Would that mean sitting on BAF pieces for months? Sure, but I would rather that.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 4:01 pm

Yeah the BAFs are the biggest hurdle for all this.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 4:18 pm

Ru_1977 wrote:
i think the only thing they can do, (if they even can do it) is do a marvel studios line and mix things.

but it seems like they simply don't want to do that (or can't) everything for a bit now has been pretty IP heavy and separated. I think the last (2 movie related things in 1 wave) were the ant-man and the wasp figures in the infinity war waves.

And when's the last time they put a single or 2 movie figure in a comic heavy wave?

the MCU is clearly the retail driving force (though still confused why target and bestbuy have landing pages for Love and Thunder but haven't put them up for order) So the waves have all been film centric. but it seems like they aren't going to do an MCU avengers wave until the next Avengers film. Doctor Strange was allowed to include a Doctor Strange 1 figure (astral) since it's the same IP, but it doesn't appear we will see D+ characters in movie waves, or vice versa, nor will we see one movie getting figures in another movie's wave.

I think the only thing they can do is continue a Marvel Studios all encompassing line. But i'd wager there's a reason they save it for a once a year or every other year thing. Retail might be less interested in something less "packaged" and clearly driven. I don't know. but i'm sure there's reasons we don't have information on

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”