Disney+ Wave 3

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
MJ Tanner
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Disney+ Wave 3

Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:21 am

Ibentmyman-thing wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:48 pm
Firs thing I do with my toys is look for genital imprints.
perfectly normal, perfectly sane
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:23 pm

A lot's being made of one digital render. Chances are we'll see the final version and everyone will be happy and buy it anyway. Or not be happy and buy it anyway. One of the two.

Also, the Walmart exclusive Hawkeye from the first movie bugged the hell out of me. His strap for his quiver was molded so that the quiver tilted right. But he needs to draw his arrows with his left hand. Add to that the shades that he never wore on screen and the figure sent me into daily fits of rage. Rage, I tell you. And they never made another Hawkeye again.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:42 pm

They actually rereleased a version of that Hawkeye, same body mold, but with a head sans sunglasses. It was in an Age of Ultron 4pk with Widow, Thor, and Banner. But it had the same problems as the figure you're talking about. However, I don't think it included the quiver strap at all, the quiver just plugged into his back.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:46 pm

I hope this Hawkeye has butterfly shoulders, and I hope twice as much that we get a comic Hawkeye soon with them too.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:49 pm

NORM wrote:
They actually rereleased a version of that Hawkeye, same body mold, but with a head sans sunglasses. It was in an Age of Ultron 4pk with Widow, Thor, and Banner. But it had the same problems as the figure you're talking about. However, I don't think it included the quiver strap at all, the quiver just plugged into his back.
There's actually a fix for the quiver strap. If you rotate it so the strap so it fits over the opposite shoulder, then the quiver will lean left. Hawkeye still needs an update.
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:55 pm

NORM wrote:
The likeness WITH the glasses is actually better than the one without, oddly. Obviously it's not hindered by pre face print eyes for a start (as they're glassed), but it also has a slightly less flattering sculpt around the mouth, which is more accurate/less generic.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:59 pm

PSPS13 wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:55 pm

The likeness WITH the glasses is actually better than the one without, oddly. Obviously it's not hindered by pre face print eyes for a start (as they're glassed), but it also has a slightly less flattering sculpt around the mouth, which is more accurate/less generic.
I totally agree with that. It's like with the WS and AOU Captain America figures where the masked heads looked more like Evans than the unmasked one.

I got rid of both Hawkeyes but the AOU one I had, his eyes were done so he was looking to the side which was kinda cool. Like when he lets loose an arrow in the movie but is already looking at his next target.
Fly4v
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:33 pm

JPC wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:57 pm
RoboKillah wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:30 pm
It's obvious the proportions are off, but to me the narrow shoulders are more of a concern. Broader shoulders would push the arms further out, make them lay more natural at the sides.

But no, let's go for the easy argument.
You are correct, and that adds to the conversation we are trying to have. Not sure why you needed that last dig.
I don't think it meant as a dig. Maybe a fun stir of the ants by the boot.

But the initial observations as stated were easier.

Just look at a side view of the rendered action figure and then the actress. :rolleyes:

The shoulders are off, so too the waist to hips ratio.
That is why I used the photo I did. Not to compare the costumes... so Yes, if the general shape is off it should be mentioned.

MCU/Disney Kate shouldn't be shaped like Black Cat, either, but like the person portraying her.

Am i going to buy the figure? Yes.

Will I be disappointed if it is produced as a Pirate's Dream? Yes.

It has nothing to do with sexuality. It is just that the shapes are wrong.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:24 am

Rawr993 wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:00 am
Fly4v wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:12 am
With a digital render requiring final approval, do they ask the opinion of the individual being portrayed?

It seems that the rendered figure is... underdeveloped compared to Hailee Steinfeld.

Jesus. Can we go one thread without this?

The real question is how come no one talks about the male figures underdeveloped bulges?
So start talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:19 am

Fly4v wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:33 pm
JPC wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:57 pm
RoboKillah wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:30 pm
It's obvious the proportions are off, but to me the narrow shoulders are more of a concern. Broader shoulders would push the arms further out, make them lay more natural at the sides.

But no, let's go for the easy argument.
You are correct, and that adds to the conversation we are trying to have. Not sure why you needed that last dig.
I don't think it meant as a dig. Maybe a fun stir of the ants by the boot.

But the initial observations as stated were easier.

Just look at a side view of the rendered action figure and then the actress. :rolleyes:

The shoulders are off, so too the waist to hips ratio.
That is why I used the photo I did. Not to compare the costumes... so Yes, if the general shape is off it should be mentioned.

MCU/Disney Kate shouldn't be shaped like Black Cat, either, but like the person portraying her.

Am i going to buy the figure? Yes.

Will I be disappointed if it is produced as a Pirate's Dream? Yes.

It has nothing to do with sexuality. It is just that the shapes are wrong.
I actually think this is a trend that I've noticed with Hasbro ML females. More and more it seems they are trying to go with unaccented chest and hip sculpting. Many times the women come off looking like string beans. A few examples:
The comic Kate Bishop buck seems to be the one used most often on females. It's OK, but not the best fit for many of the females.
Walmart Black Widow (grey outfit), very toned down chest
AOA Rogue looks like a stick figure.
FA Storm, always drawn very curvy by Dave Cockrum and John Byrne, her figure is very apologetically sculpted. As if they're saying, "Sorry guys, but we HAVE to give her breasts and hips, but we'll try to make it as unnoticeable as possible".
And I feel a lot of the female figures are given that treatment. I'm not saying give everyone the Moonstone buck, how about a new female sculpt? Don't be afraid of the female body, Hasbro. You can sculpt in every ab in Sabretooth's 6 pack, you can do hips and breasts.
Anyway, am I the only one who noticed this? Is it all in my mind?
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:04 am

No - many posters have commented the same things, especially about FA Storm, and about Kate, including me one page ago.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:32 pm

I've loved all the recent faces. Shang Chi, Prior Disney+, Eternals, Spider-Man. I'm not particularly worried.
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:42 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:32 pm
I've loved all the recent faces. Shang Chi, Prior Disney+, Eternals, Spider-Man. I'm not particularly worried.
Agreed. Some moreso than others, I'm sure, but no real fails I can think of (though I remember thinking the Shang Chi wave, in particular, were absolutely superb).
I think digital renders just tend to be softer because they don't replicate genuine light which accounts for a lot of sculptural contrast in a genuine 3D object.
Expecting them to be fine.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:01 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:19 am
Anyway, am I the only one who noticed this? Is it all in my mind?

No, you are not.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:18 am

I found this site to help create a nice visual wishlist and thought a third Disney+ wave would be a good wave to try it out with:

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”