2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:42 am

I loathe the body Viper is on (the official figure, not your custom). I wasn’t dying for another figure of her, but this body is so thin…I hate handling it. It annoys me every time I pick up a figure which uses this body as a base.

Waiting on Blue Marvel, Thor, and Iron Man to arrive Monday. But it’s a solid wave so far. Just hate the body used for Viper.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:44 am

Ash Talon wrote:I loathe the body Viper is on (the official figure, not your custom). I wasn’t dying for another figure of her, but this body is so thin…I hate handling it. It annoys me every time I pick up a figure which uses this body as a base.

Waiting on Blue Marvel, Thor, and Iron Man to arrive Monday. But it’s a solid wave so far. Just hate the body used for Viper.
Same! I wish they would retire it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:37 am

Is it too soon to start a dedicated thread asking for a Madam Hydra redo? She's absolutely disappointing and would have been improved if she was done on the new body and had a more serious and less cartoony head.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:51 am

I hate when they redo someone and it becomes immediately clear that Hasbro missed the mark.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:05 am

I like the head sculpt on Viper, and it matches reference images shown earlier in this thread. Would have preferred the Shriek mold, but I never expected them to use it for every female figure right away so I'm not pissed about the older body.

Not sure I get the hate for her. :?
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:30 pm

I saw a gorgeous Viper face repaint on Instagram, but I'm passing on her due to body choice. I'll probably never buy another figure using that body again. She seems to be the only figure not showing up in Target stores. At least not in my area. I wanted an extra Quake, so I decided to order two for the free shipping because my sucky Target has only Iron-Man. Too lazy to drive twenty miles to pick her up at the next nearest store.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:12 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:22 am
EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:19 am
TFitz wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:15 am
Controller is perfect. I thought his legs were stuck out in a "V" stance, but when I put them forward all the way, they could go down straight.

Whoa, thanks for that. I came here to ask about that "V" stance mine was stuck in, and your fix of just moving his legs all the way up worked for me as well. Weird. :D

Actually nevermind...if I move the legs all the way up and back down they stay straight for a few seconds, then they automatically start spreading back out into a V. :oops:
Huh. Mine is still standing normally. Please don't jinx it. :wink:
GrumpyMatt
CROM!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:32 pm

Received the wave from Target yesterday (in true Hasbro Pulse fashion — four boxes for six figures).

Really like Blue Marvel and US Agent but as others have mentioned, Viper really misses the mark for me. And while I was most excited for the Controller BAF, other than his right hand and head, he's just so big and boring. He appears pretty comic accurate, so I can't really complain but man, he's just so plain from the neck down ...
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:37 pm

psylocke wrote:
Ash Talon wrote:I loathe the body Viper is on (the official figure, not your custom). I wasn’t dying for another figure of her, but this body is so thin…I hate handling it. It annoys me every time I pick up a figure which uses this body as a base.

mrboshek wrote:
I saw a gorgeous Viper face repaint on Instagram, but I'm passing on her due to body choice. I'll probably never buy another figure using that body again. She seems to be the only figure not showing up in Target stores. At least not in my area. I wanted an extra Quake, so I decided to order two for the free shipping because my sucky Target has only Iron-Man. Too lazy to drive twenty miles to pick her up at the next nearest store.
That body should never be used again unless there is a very good character specific reason to do so, and I can't think of one off the top of my head. How many waif/rail thin under fed super model types are there out there in the Marvel Universe? If your head is wider than your thigh, you do not have Heroic/athletic proportions. No matter the Gender.

The Sp//dr wave Electra is one of the biggest offenders. Can't wait to have a red version of the white figure to fix that. Please no more giant Female heads. Please also do not make this worse by putting them on the Kate Bishop body.

The trend thankfully does seems to be burning itself out. The large heads and the use of the Kate Bishop body seems to thankfully be less and less frequent.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:01 pm

This one?

mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:11 pm

That's the one. I wish I was a talented face painter. So much great work pops up on my Instagram.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:17 pm

darkmoon766 wrote:
psylocke wrote:

mrboshek wrote:
That body should never be used again unless there is a very good character specific reason to do so, and I can't think of one off the top of my head. How many waif/rail thin under fed super model types are there out there in the Marvel Universe? If your head is wider than your thigh, you do not have Heroic/athletic proportions. No matter the Gender.

The Sp//dr wave Electra is one of the biggest offenders. Can't wait to have a red version of the white figure to fix that. Please no more giant Female heads. Please also do not make this worse by putting them on the Kate Bishop body.

The trend thankfully does seems to be burning itself out. The large heads and the use of the Kate Bishop body seems to thankfully be less and less frequent.

When you guys say "body" are you referring to the torso? Because the torso is re-used. Shriek uses the Spider-Barton torso with updated arms and legs. Siryn uses the Silk torso with updated arms and legs.

If when you say "body" you mean the arms and legs should never be used again, I agree, those should be retired in favor of the thicker legs and double-elbow arms. White Elektra looks to be using the Silk torso with the updated arms and legs.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:26 pm

sepster wrote:
darkmoon766 wrote:
psylocke wrote:
mrboshek wrote:

When you guys say "body" are you referring to the torso? Because the torso is re-used. Shriek uses the Spider-Barton torso with updated arms and legs. Siryn uses the Silk torso with updated arms and legs.

If when you say "body" you mean the arms and legs should never be used again, I agree, those should be retired in favor of the thicker legs and double-elbow arms. White Elektra looks to be using the Silk torso with the updated arms and legs.
The body that Viper is on the legs on up.

sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:34 pm

psylocke wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:26 pm
sepster wrote:
darkmoon766 wrote:

The body that Viper is on the legs on up.

Right. What I'm trying to clarify is when people say something like "the Sp//dr wave Electra is one of the biggest offenders.... Can't wait to have a red version of the white figure to fix that" is that when that happens you are going to get the exact same upper and lower torso but with updated arms and legs. It's confusing when you are saying the body sucks, when the body (torso) is the same but it's actually the old arms and legs that suck.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:52 pm

I think we're all talking about the sum of the parts together, if that makes sense. You're right, most of us are really singling out the limbs rather than the torso when we say "the body". That could change if Hasbro introduces a better torso, then we'll have something new to complain about.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”