2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:34 am

Yeah, I'll talk up Rebel10 customs for the 1000th time. I have her 80th Thor cape and it's perfect. That's a great figure and it's even better with a cloth cape.

I will say I had a bitch of a time removing the original cape, but I didn't heat it and pull it. I cut it out with an X-ACTO knife.
effigy
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:48 am

Prophet924 wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:21 pm
Speedball is shipping! Yes. Can’t wait to put Can of Beams bubbles on him and pose him about. So Robbie, Rich, Jessica, Dwayne, and some other later members. Just need younger Vance and Namorita for original crew. I guess Rich in the red and gold Nova armor for first look.

Gonna be a fun Hasbro weekend, opening new stuff, preordering new stuff, and dreaming about what’s to come.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I stared at this for quite a while trying to remember who Jessica was. And then I realized you meant Angelica!
TinkerersAssistant02
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:14 am

Got my set in from Pulse today. A decent set, although I'm not really blown away by anyone. Controller might be my fave of the bunch. Also the last of the window packaging for me. Bummer.
MarvelLegendsMan
CROM!

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:48 am

Rebel10customs did a replacement cape for my Mezco Dr. strange, and it's incredible. Also a cape for ML Moon Knight and for SWBS Mandalorian. Can't recommend her enough.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:52 am

TFitz wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:21 am
Really quick pic before I crash for the night. You can see I just plugged the cape in the holes.

IMG_0337.jpg

I've always been staunchly opposed to cloth goods on my 1/12 figures, but the coat on Mafex Gambit is so good and it's really bringing me around. And I'd be lying if I said the heavy, hard cape on 80th Thor wasn't a point of frustration on an otherwise amazing figure.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:50 pm

TFitz wrote:
Really quick pic before I crash for the night. You can see I just plugged the cape in the holes.

IMG_0337.jpg
Aw.. damn it. I do need to buy that damn figure again.

I think the problem, though, with newThor is that his cape carries over onto his chest as part of the sculpt. I'm not sure what the solution is that wouldn't be more work than I actually want to do. Plus, his cape is multi-color and has the white band down the side that wraps over the shoulder to the circle thing.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:42 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
TFitz wrote:

IMG_0337.jpg

I think the problem, though, with newThor is that his cape carries over onto his chest as part of the sculpt. I'm not sure what the solution is that wouldn't be more work than I actually want to do. Plus, his cape is multi-color and has the white band down the side that wraps over the shoulder to the circle thing.
Way to throw a damper on it. :lol: I should have it in hand Monday. I may be fine with the cape. We shall see.

EDIT! They now say I will have my set tomorrow! W00t!
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:31 pm

H-bird wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:52 am
TFitz wrote:

IMG_0337.jpg

I've always been staunchly opposed to cloth goods on my 1/12 figures, but the coat on Mafex Gambit is so good and it's really bringing me around. And I'd be lying if I said the heavy, hard cape on 80th Thor wasn't a point of frustration on an otherwise amazing figure.

Give a Rebel10 cape a try. Her work is super reasonably priced and the 80th Thor cape is the perfect place to start.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:28 am

TFitz wrote:
KnightDamien wrote:
TFitz wrote:

IMG_0337.jpg

Way to throw a damper on it. :lol: I should have it in hand Monday. I may be fine with the cape. We shall see.

EDIT! They now say I will have my set tomorrow! W00t!
I can't wait to see how it turns out.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:31 am

Herald Thor has a really nice fade from red at the bottom to a deep violet as it goes up. If you're swapping to a cloth cape, it most likely won't recreate that color choice.

Pulse and Target are delivering my overpriced and sale figures (respectively) tomorrow.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:15 am

Got in my set! I have no problems with Thor's cape, and he looks amazing. Great sculpt work. I'll be fine with the next version on it where he's not the Herald of Galactus. Pretty simple paint and head change.

Madam Hydra is ok. Old body, but I suppose it works. I do need another of her heads for a custom.

U.S. Agent is another fine repaint. At least he has a stern look, since Walker is kind of an ass.

Blue Marvel is well done. He's just never wowed me an any stories.

Speedball surprised me. I was really stoked to have him in hand, even though he's not the outfit I wanted.

Controller is perfect. I thought his legs were stuck out in a "V" stance, but when I put them forward all the way, they could go down straight.

Really great to have a bunch of comic figs.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:19 am

TFitz wrote:
Controller is perfect. I thought his legs were stuck out in a "V" stance, but when I put them forward all the way, they could go down straight.

Whoa, thanks for that. I came here to ask about that "V" stance mine was stuck in, and your fix of just moving his legs all the way up worked for me as well. Weird. :D
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Cracked open this set today. Just a solid, varied, good showing I think. The highlight for me is the improved arm articulation on the female arms for Quake/Maria (yep, bought two, needed both of them, wanted both since I started collecting). And Thor just pops. I really like what they've done with him here.

Face sculpts all around look great in particular. One complaint: where's Blue Marvel's graying temples? I thought they'd add that. Otherwise though I really love his figure. Another character I've wanted forever.

Surprised at how much I like Speedball. I mean I wanted him, I'm a New Warriors fan all the way, but he's just simple and fun.

Madam Hydra probably uses a buck that should be on its way out, but honestly, she's yet another character I've wanted since I started collecting - simple, straightforward, effective, I'm satisfied even if she could be better.

And for like the 15th time, I regretted buying ANOTHER Iron Man... but once I have him in hand I really dig him. This keeps happening.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:22 am

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
TFitz wrote:

Whoa, thanks for that. I came here to ask about that "V" stance mine was stuck in, and your fix of just moving his legs all the way up worked for me as well. Weird. :D

Actually nevermind...if I move the legs all the way up and back down they stay straight for a few seconds, then they automatically start spreading back out into a V. :oops:
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:39 am

So I got some of them today and immediately did this lol….still a WIP.
Torso and legs are from Syrn, hair from OG MH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”