2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
MarvelLegendsMan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1007
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:02 am

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:20 pm

I have the wave ordered twice from Target (once at the original price, and once at the later sale price). As of this morning, shipping labels have been created for all 14 figures.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

User avatar
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Just north of 'the D'
Posts: 7925
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:31 am

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:28 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:37 pm
sepster wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:06 pm
DerRabbi wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:46 pm


Me too. One figure at a time. So weird.

They're going to ship them separately, too. Convenient.
Makes so much sense for a company (rightfully) trying a little to reduce their waste.

Just got the shipping notice, and surprisingly, they are all coming in one box!
User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 24282
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:33 pm

MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:20 pm
I have the wave ordered twice from Target (once at the original price, and once at the later sale price). As of this morning, shipping labels have been created for all 14 figures.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Talk abou losing money... so stupid. I remember when Pulse did that at first, too.

But my series is all coming in one box
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4110
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:03 pm

I also had this wave ordered from Target in multiple orders and everyone has shipped but Speedball, and a few extra Quakes that I never cancelled because I figured why not get paint options?

But seriously, two of everyone have shipped but not Speedball. Target's shipping is SO WEIRD. It's "get them in a box as fast as possible" but it would take three seconds to put more figures from the same order in the same box. Anyway, so happy to finally start getting this wave!!!
User avatar
MarvelLegendsMan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1007
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:02 am

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:16 pm

TFitz wrote:
MarvelLegendsMan wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:20 pm
I have the wave ordered twice from Target (once at the original price, and once at the later sale price). As of this morning, shipping labels have been created for all 14 figures.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Talk abou losing money... so stupid. I remember when Pulse did that at first, too.

But my series is all coming in one box
Yeah, between the 2 orders, they divided 14 figures into 9 shipments. It's pretty stupid and such a waste of effort, materials and energy.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

User avatar
Prophet924
Thwipp!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Close enough to hear TMS roar.
Posts: 10908
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:19 am

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:21 pm

Speedball is shipping! Yes. Can’t wait to put Can of Beams bubbles on him and pose him about. So Robbie, Rich, Jessica, Dwayne, and some other later members. Just need younger Vance and Namorita for original crew. I guess Rich in the red and gold Nova armor for first look.

Gonna be a fun Hasbro weekend, opening new stuff, preordering new stuff, and dreaming about what’s to come.

Thwipp!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 24282
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:23 pm

Still mad Speedball isn't his New Warriors FA look, but I've had Can of Beams effects sitting at home for him for about a month now. Happy he's finally coming.
User avatar
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 7720
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:28 pm

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:33 pm

JPC wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:03 pm
Target's shipping is SO WEIRD. It's "get them in a box as fast as possible" but it would take three seconds to put more figures from the same order in the same box.

Every time I get separate shipping boxes from Target they're originating in different places--usually different states. That hasn't been the case for you?
User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 16867
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:16 am

I found Thor at EB the other day. The cape seems to make him a lot more back-heavy than I expected. And it would have been nice if they'd found a way to get his Ravens to sit securely on him or something. But otherwise he's.. another Thor, I guess? I love Thor. It's an appropriately big figure. He's got gripping right hand, open right hand, and two fists, as well as a hammer and a lightning effect. I really don't know what else a person can reasonably ask for from a Marvel Legends Thor figure. I dig it.
User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 24282
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:36 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:16 am
I found Thor at EB the other day. The cape seems to make him a lot more back-heavy than I expected. And it would have been nice if they'd found a way to get his Ravens to sit securely on him or something. But otherwise he's.. another Thor, I guess? I love Thor. It's an appropriately big figure. He's got gripping right hand, open right hand, and two fists, as well as a hammer and a lightning effect. I really don't know what else a person can reasonably ask for from a Marvel Legends Thor figure. I dig it.
If I like this Thor as much as 80th anniversary, I'll likely ask Rebel10customs to make me a cloth cape. It turned 80th into one of my favorite figures.
User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 16867
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:49 am

TFitz wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:36 am
KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:16 am
I found Thor at EB the other day. The cape seems to make him a lot more back-heavy than I expected. And it would have been nice if they'd found a way to get his Ravens to sit securely on him or something. But otherwise he's.. another Thor, I guess? I love Thor. It's an appropriately big figure. He's got gripping right hand, open right hand, and two fists, as well as a hammer and a lightning effect. I really don't know what else a person can reasonably ask for from a Marvel Legends Thor figure. I dig it.
If I like this Thor as much as 80th anniversary, I'll likely ask Rebel10customs to make me a cloth cape. It turned 80th into one of my favorite figures.
I thought about that too. I just don't know how to do cloth capes on ML Thors because the cape is so integrated into the design. It's not like popping off Vader's head and swapping capes. Thor's are attached to the sculpt in ways that make it tough to mess around with. At least in my brain. That's actually why I got rid of my Classic Thor. I hated his cape and I was convinced I couldn't really do fabric without a lot of modification.
User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 24282
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:57 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:49 am
TFitz wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:36 am
KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:16 am
I found Thor at EB the other day. The cape seems to make him a lot more back-heavy than I expected. And it would have been nice if they'd found a way to get his Ravens to sit securely on him or something. But otherwise he's.. another Thor, I guess? I love Thor. It's an appropriately big figure. He's got gripping right hand, open right hand, and two fists, as well as a hammer and a lightning effect. I really don't know what else a person can reasonably ask for from a Marvel Legends Thor figure. I dig it.
If I like this Thor as much as 80th anniversary, I'll likely ask Rebel10customs to make me a cloth cape. It turned 80th into one of my favorite figures.
I thought about that too. I just don't know how to do cloth capes on ML Thors because the cape is so integrated into the design. It's not like popping off Vader's head and swapping capes. Thor's are attached to the sculpt in ways that make it tough to mess around with. At least in my brain. That's actually why I got rid of my Classic Thor. I hated his cape and I was convinced I couldn't really do fabric without a lot of modification.
Zero mod needed with 80th. When you heat and pull out his plastic cape, you have to small holes where the cape attached, The cloth cape fit right in the holes, so a little glue and done. Couldn't have been easier.
User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 16867
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:07 am

TFitz wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:57 am
KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:49 am
TFitz wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:36 am


If I like this Thor as much as 80th anniversary, I'll likely ask Rebel10customs to make me a cloth cape. It turned 80th into one of my favorite figures.
I thought about that too. I just don't know how to do cloth capes on ML Thors because the cape is so integrated into the design. It's not like popping off Vader's head and swapping capes. Thor's are attached to the sculpt in ways that make it tough to mess around with. At least in my brain. That's actually why I got rid of my Classic Thor. I hated his cape and I was convinced I couldn't really do fabric without a lot of modification.
Zero mod needed with 80th. When you heat and pull out his plastic cape, you have to small holes where the cape attached, The cloth cape fit right in the holes, so a little glue and done. Couldn't have been easier.
I gotta buy that [email protected]#$ figure again, don't I?
User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 24282
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:09 am

Yep! Totally worth it.
User avatar
TFitz
Master of Avatars
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Elkhart, IN
Posts: 24282
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: 2022 Avengers Controller BAF Wave

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:21 am

Really quick pic before I crash for the night. You can see I just plugged the cape in the holes.
IMG_0337.jpg
IMG_0337.jpg (773.54 KiB) Viewed 825 times

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”





Recent Topics