Rumored 2022 Avengers Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Rumored 2022 Avengers Wave

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:32 pm

In order of personal priority for Thor (which would be priThority) My list is armored Simonson Thor, Eric Masterson Thor and Coipel Thor. I'd be fine with any of them.
Basil Elks
Remembers, things, best, forgotten,
Location: the Firm's morgue {which, oddly enough, is in British Columbia}

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:35 pm

If we get another female, AND a villain, I say it should be Titania. :D And the BAF should be Eric Josten Goliath.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:22 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:03 am
Hoping Quicksilver is either first appearance green to be used as a founding Brotherhood of Evil Mutants member or this one from his mid-‘90s look. Definitely hope it’s not another figure if his classic blue look. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of that rumored list, for me, Quicksilver is the most interesting because I also really like this look. I’d be tempted to replace the classic 3 pack version with this if it came to be.

But then I’d need gypsy Scarlet Witch.

I say he’s most interesting because I don’t think they’ll do Heroes Return Iron Man so soon after Modular. Feel like they’ll jump around more before coming to another 90’s look.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:37 pm

Madam Hydra is a waste of plastic for me. The old body is outdated for sure, but I slapped the Jean Grey head on from the Phoenix/Cyclops TRU release and repainted the hair ages ago, and it works fine for me. Would much rather have a new villain like Count Nefaria.

Quake is a new character, which is great, but I really don't have much love for her either. Almost all my SHIELD figures are in a box right now.
renfield75
CROM!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:40 pm

Madam Hydra really needs two heads, so we get that short-haired 80s look too. Some of her most iconic stories took place with that look...I mean she turned Ronald Reagan into a snake man! If that doesn't qualify for an alternate head then I don't know what does.
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:37 pm

TFitz wrote:
Madam Hydra is a waste of plastic for me. The old body is outdated for sure, but I slapped the Jean Grey head on from the Phoenix/Cyclops TRU release and repainted the hair ages ago, and it works fine for me. Would much rather have a new villain like Count Nefaria.

Quake is a new character, which is great, but I really don't have much love for her either. Almost all my SHIELD figures are in a box right now.
Yeah I ran out of room and my shield display didn't make the cut and I've had them packed away for like 2 yrs. now.

I do want a new madam hydra though, the cruella DeVille version we got needed replacing as soon as we got her.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:48 pm

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
TFitz wrote:

Yeah I ran out of room and my shield display didn't make the cut and I've had them packed away for like 2 yrs. now.

I do want a new madam hydra though, the cruella DeVille version we got needed replacing as soon as we got her.
Yeah, that old head was hideous. Simple swap made it much better. Pic doesn't show it well, but she does have green highlights.
20210124_170654.jpg
20210124_170654.jpg (448.77 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:16 am

TFitz wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:48 pm
TFitz wrote:

Yeah, that old head was hideous. Simple swap made it much better. Pic doesn't show it well, but she does have green highlights.

20210124_170654.jpg
Yeah don't see the highlights at all, I'd believe you... But it's you.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:56 am

Ha!!
RushFX
Here comes a new challenger!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:17 am

Given that in this rumored wave we have to female characters, does that give speculation for a beefier BaF since they have the package space? My guess would still be for a Griffen baf.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:48 am

RushFX wrote:
Given that in this rumored wave we have to female characters, does that give speculation for a beefier BaF since they have the package space? My guess would still be for a Griffen baf.
I heard it's Pip the troll.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:38 am

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:01 am
Stark Resilient wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:47 am
Madcap1 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:28 am

Can you remind me what was wrong with the modern Thors from the Terrax and Allfather waves? I never bought either because I know they aren’t quite right and was trying to remember why.
The Terrax wave is a really great figure for it's time. The sculpt is really strong still, but the articulation is dated. He's limited at the hips due in part to outdated hips, he hinge at the neck, no ankle pivot, and he's HUGE. Thor in this era was big, but he's just freaking massive. He's about the same size as his Marvel Select counterpart, if I remember correctly.

I agree with all of this. It's a solid figure, there are just a few nagging issues that hold it back. The ball-jointed hips, unarticulated ankles, single-jointed elbows, and massive size are the biggest problems for me. Extremis Iron Man was too small and RoML Thor was too big. I think they both deserve new figures.

I understand the frustration with someone asking for an update of a figure that's 10 years old and is a unique sculpt itself. I absolutely love the JMS/Coipel run, though, and it's one of my favorite costume designs ever, so I'm gonna keep pushing for an update.
Going to echo this, as well. JMS/Coipel Thor is such a fantastic run. It's a bummer JMS departed due to Siege and didn't fully see the story though. The costume is my favorite Thor costume, as well.
Jead wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:26 am
If they update Extremis, I'd love to see the Initiative War Machine updated. Always been a huge fan of the design.
Initiative War Machine update would be amazing as well! He's on my Top 10 most wanted after getting the Classic version. It's the last War Machine design that really stuck out to me.

100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:43 am

RushFX wrote:
Griffin would be dope! My hunch is telling me it's that classic "x- villain crimson dynamo" though.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:44 am

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:43 am
RushFX wrote:
Griffin would be dope! My hunch is telling me it's that classic "x- villain crimson dynamo" though.
Noted X-Factor Villain Crimson Dynamo would be so great, but definitely out of place in an Avengers Wave with Iron Man in it.
FPJonesIII
Super Poseable

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:53 am

Hbhf wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:23 am
FPJonesIII wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:18 am

Possibly, but that depends on how big of a role she'll have in the movie. I'm not anticipating her to have a large enough role to warrant an MCU figure right off the bat. She feels like a character that they'd use for a comic book slot in the wave. Though I'll admit, I could definitely be wrong.
Them doing a comic version in a movie wave instead of the one from the actual movie being marketed almost never happens anymore (Hydro-Man is the only example in recent memory I can think of). This is like last year when all those people were hoping for a classic comic Mandarin in the Shang-Chi wave. If there’s a Ms. America in the Doctor Strange wave it’s definitely gonna be the movie version.

In that respect I do sorta feel for comic only collectors. The Avengers rarely get waves that aren’t movie or game tie-ins, so as a result there are a number of characters who don’t get slotted in. Oh well, I’m happy to be getting Blue Marvel.
You're more than likely right. I'll admit that I'm sort of... pessimistic when it comes to Marvel doing anything with characters like America Chavez. I'll also admit that I'm more interested in a comic based figure, so no matter what wave, I hope Hasbro eventually makes one. I'd love to add her to my small group of Avengers. That said, still might get a movie figure of her.

Been thinking about the Thor in this wave, and while I'm happy with the one I've got (80th anniversary), if the new figure would turn out to be his modern look with the rune on his chest, I would be kinda tempted to get him.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”