Rumored 2022 Avengers Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Rumored 2022 Avengers Wave

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:52 am

100ptsofarticulation wrote:This "classic" iron man is probably going to be the same deco as the shang chi wave but with the correct chest colors and probably a horned head.

I am really intrigued by what the BaF will be though. My hunch is telling me that classic crimson dynamo we all want. But I know I'm probably way off.
Wouldn't the horned helmet make more sense in the legends anniversary wave?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:54 am

Jead wrote:If that's the actual roster, I'm guessing horn head with painted neck on blue costume for Quicksilver. Bonus points if they replace those horrible shoulders. Green wouldn't work for an Avengers wave, and I doubt they'd do the 90s costume.

In terms of everything else, that'd be a weak as hell roster. Lots of redos and only one major addition to the roster. Give me those niche picks, give us more villains, keep building up the Thunderbolts, and give me my god damn Buscema Nebula already.
... quicksilver has worn green multiple times while an avenger. It wasn't a "brotherhood only" look

Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:44 am

I doubt the 80th Iron Man gets put in another BAF wave. Especially when it just happened this year.

Iron Man could be Modular in red/yellow, but I don't see them releasing essentially the same figure in two BAF waves. I think that's only really happened with Gamerverse Cap and technically Stealth Iron Man. I think a red/yellow Modular Iron Man will be in a vintage card wave. Maybe even in the 2nd half of next year. I just don't see so many classic Iron Man reuses lined up in such a relatively short period of time.

I think this Iron Man will either be Extremis or a Neo-Classic redo. Their first Neo-Classic was a bit of a letdown. Neo-Classic Iron Man could really benefit from the new moveable shoulder armor technique they've been using. With most of these figures probably being a lot of reuse, Thor and Iron Man could utilize a lot of new sculpting. Copiel Thor and Herald Thor could share a ton of parts, so I can see Hasbro ponying up for a new figure of either which can then be reoffered as the other. Neo-Classic doesn't have a ton of reuse potential, except for big/small boots. One version could also have a home in a vintage wave if the other is offered in a BAF wave.
Jead
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:47 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:54 am
Jead wrote:If that's the actual roster, I'm guessing horn head with painted neck on blue costume for Quicksilver. Bonus points if they replace those horrible shoulders. Green wouldn't work for an Avengers wave, and I doubt they'd do the 90s costume.

In terms of everything else, that'd be a weak as hell roster. Lots of redos and only one major addition to the roster. Give me those niche picks, give us more villains, keep building up the Thunderbolts, and give me my god damn Buscema Nebula already.
... quicksilver has worn green multiple times while an avenger. It wasn't a "brotherhood only" look

I know, and doesn't matter to me if he has, I just associate it more with X-Men. Same goes for the weird face-surrounding crown Wanda design. Hasbro can prove me wrong if they'd like, I hope any and all alternate costumes get made anyways.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:23 am

FPJonesIII wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:18 am

Possibly, but that depends on how big of a role she'll have in the movie. I'm not anticipating her to have a large enough role to warrant an MCU figure right off the bat. She feels like a character that they'd use for a comic book slot in the wave. Though I'll admit, I could definitely be wrong.
Them doing a comic version in a movie wave instead of the one from the actual movie being marketed almost never happens anymore (Hydro-Man is the only example in recent memory I can think of). This is like last year when all those people were hoping for a classic comic Mandarin in the Shang-Chi wave. If there’s a Ms. America in the Doctor Strange wave it’s definitely gonna be the movie version.

In that respect I do sorta feel for comic only collectors. The Avengers rarely get waves that aren’t movie or game tie-ins, so as a result there are a number of characters who don’t get slotted in. Oh well, I’m happy to be getting Blue Marvel.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:41 am

If that line-up is right, my enthusiasm stopped at Blue Marvel.

Hasbro - you've been doing so well with female character representation PLEASE don't stop now.

I have no need for another Iron Man or another Thor. I know they are necessary, but in the same wave? That means likely one of them will have a BAF part. Not cool.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:38 am

Blue Marvel
Speed Ball
U.S. agent
Thor
Classic Iron Man
Madam Hydra
Quicksilver
There’s not a lot of new parts here.

Most of these figures could be done with paint apps on existing parts. New heads, Blue Marvel’s vest, a bulkier upper torso and eagle shield for Walker, Nils and some new power effects for Speedball, and bob’s your uncle.

So, maybe Thor and Iron Man get most of the wave’s budget.

What Thor variant would you want? Armored Simonson Thor? Herald of Galactus? Maybe it’s Lady Thor, for a female in the wave? Not sure what other costumes would be most worthwhile.

And how about Iron Man? The “classic” tag is throwing me, because it makes me think of a rerelease of the same 80th figure, and I agree that it’s too soon for that after the one in the Shang Chi wave. Pointy mask makes more sense for the 20th ML anniversary wave. So, neo-classic? Extremis? Maybe Heroes return?
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:34 am

Like others have said, this wave looks lackluster. Unless USAgent is his 90s costume, it's probably going to be the Marvel 80th anniversary Cap painted as classic Walker with a different headsculp. Quicksilver will probably be the previous figure just painted green to match his original costume.

I would LOVE a Heroe's Return Iron Man figure. We've never had that armor from Toybiz or Hasbro.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:06 pm

gpmartin414 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:56 am
Andru wrote:
gpmartin414 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:03 am
Hoping Quicksilver is either first appearance green to be used as a founding Brotherhood of Evil Mutants member or this one from his mid-‘90s look. Definitely hope it’s not another figure if his classic blue look. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Umm, that's Iceman...
That’s a factory error. Pulled the photo from an eBay listing. Definitely Quicksilver. He wore this costume circa “Avengers” #400 right before “Onslaught” and “Heroes Reborn.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...I know :wink:
MrDucksJr
Faster than a speeding bullet

Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:16 pm

Okay... hear me out on Classic Iron Man.Image

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:32 pm

I wouldn't be upset if we got a new comic Mark 1! Inevitably we'll get it in silver/grey and gold, and I'd buy both. The Toy Biz versions are well out of date.

Random BAF ideas...

Raz would also be a great BAF choice, but I think Josten is more likely - as Atlas or Goliath, because eventually we'll need both!

Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:09 pm

That wave if true sounds excellent. However, Count Nefaria. And furthermore, Count Nefaria. in conclusion...Count Nefaria.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:14 pm

If this lineup is right, BAF has to be a villain IMO. And that’s really tough call. I don’t think Executioner *has* to be a BAF, and I’d personally prefer he isn’t so it isn’t as expensive to get two of him.

I guess Atlas would be highest on my list. Keep checking off Thunderbolts, and smart design could give them a body to reuse for all of the giant sized characters.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:20 pm

JayC is saying on Marvelous News that the suggested figures don't match with some information he has. Do we know the source of the possible additional figures?

JayC wrote:
nWoWolfpack wrote:I was peaking the Fwoosh forums and JtPrime is saying that the last ones are Thor, Quicksilver and Madame Hydra (grains of salt). Kindve a bummer about 1 villain, and many people are going to be pressed about not being any classic Avengers villains or heroes

I am doing some double checking on my end, but I can tell you the info I have seen for this wave doesn't totally match up with this.
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:34 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:52 am
100ptsofarticulation wrote:This "classic" iron man is probably going to be the same deco as the shang chi wave but with the correct chest colors and probably a horned head.

I am really intrigued by what the BaF will be though. My hunch is telling me that classic crimson dynamo we all want. But I know I'm probably way off.
Wouldn't the horned helmet make more sense in the legends anniversary wave?

Sure would... I was just thinking in terms of the biggest let down.

I either want something new or extremis. Not that I don't want the horned mask version... Just not for this wave, like you said better for the anniversary wave.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics