Rumored 2022 Avengers Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Rumored 2022 Avengers Wave

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:51 pm

As much as I want figures of all of the OG Thunderbolts, I *really* hate Meteorite's costume.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:37 pm

That's okay. You can hide her behind Citizen V's cape, Songbird's bird and Mach-5's wings. You don't have to look at her.

I will. :)
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:39 am

gpmartin414 wrote:
september_death wrote:
gpmartin414 wrote: I actually think the ROML Extremis Iron Man holds up pretty well. Just checked eBay — current price is actually not bad.

I’d rather see one of his completely undone armors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Isn’t he still from a time when IM figures were under scaled? It was Extremis that they used for the comic Rescue, right? I thought Bleeding Edge was the first modern ML that looked the right size, even though that same wave had Iron Patriot on the Extremis body and horn head on the old TRU 2-pack body.

*Edit: I’d also be willing to buy a rerelease of the BE armor with more hand options. Definitely not a need, but I find him limited with only a fist and a repulsor hand.
My Extremis is buried in storage so can’t easily compare him to recent IM releases. For what it’s worth, figures like Silver Centurion and Modular don’t seem huge either.

Also, I was under the impression that Extremis was supposed to be smaller than classic IM suits.

The old Extremis Armor figure has a nice sculpt, for the time it was sculpted, except it is teenager-sized at best. Iron Man has Class 100 strength in that armor. It’s also way too short. Also the figure has horrible hip range of motion.

FPJonesIII
Super Poseable

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:54 am

I'm not expecting to see her in this wave, but I would definitely be in for an America Chavez figure. If not this wave, maybe she could be in the Doctor Strange wave?
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:22 am

FPJonesIII wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:54 am
I'm not expecting to see her in this wave, but I would definitely be in for an America Chavez figure. If not this wave, maybe she could be in the Doctor Strange wave?
Then we'd finally have a complete Ultimates. Read this run if you haven't! 616 Captain Marvel also needs an updated figure.

TFitz
Master of Avatars

Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:32 am

If US Agent, Blue Marvel and Speedball are the locks we need 4 more figures.

I'm saying the A-list has to be Thor as Cap and Iron Man will have major releases for the 20th Legends anniversary. I'm hoping it's either Simonson Thor or Eric Masterson Thor.

Next up has to be Safari Jacket Wonder Man. He is SO overdue! 2 left.

We've got a New Warrior, now we need a Thunderbolt, and a woman for the wave. Meteorite! Karla could also be Moonstone for the Siege storyline. Still one of the best Avengers storylines ever.

Now we need a Avengers level super-powered villain. Count Nefaria is due, fits the bill, and would go perfectly with Wonder Man.

BAF time. I'd love for it to be Atlas, but I think all the really tall "giant" figures will be coming in the deluxe releases. They've hinted at such for Mangog and others. Many may not like my pick here, but I want classic Mr. Hyde. He was in Siege, and has had run-ins with Cap. I'd really want him much shorter than the T-Bolt Hyde we got.
Avengers2760006.jpg
Avengers2760006.jpg (967.23 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:49 am

Akatsuki wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:39 am
gpmartin414 wrote:
september_death wrote: Isn’t he still from a time when IM figures were under scaled? It was Extremis that they used for the comic Rescue, right? I thought Bleeding Edge was the first modern ML that looked the right size, even though that same wave had Iron Patriot on the Extremis body and horn head on the old TRU 2-pack body.

*Edit: I’d also be willing to buy a rerelease of the BE armor with more hand options. Definitely not a need, but I find him limited with only a fist and a repulsor hand.
My Extremis is buried in storage so can’t easily compare him to recent IM releases. For what it’s worth, figures like Silver Centurion and Modular don’t seem huge either.

Also, I was under the impression that Extremis was supposed to be smaller than classic IM suits.

The old Extremis Armor figure has a nice sculpt, for the time it was sculpted, except it is teenager-sized at best. Iron Man has Class 100 strength in that armor. It’s also way too short. Also the figure has horrible hip range of motion.

Even the sculpt is meh at best. I think the fist sculpt is horrible and awkward.

Nah there's just so much wrong with that figure we need a new one.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:19 am

Hbhf wrote:
secondwhiteline wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:28 pm
Feels like another Iron Man as an anchor is less likely after we just got an entire wave. Certainly could happen, he's an A-lister, but my gut's saying a Thor.

They seem to be developing a pattern of comic versions of MCU characters hitting like 6 months or so before the adaptation: Kang and Falcon in the Joe Fixit wave late last year prior to Loki and FaWS; Shang-Chi in the Demogoblin wave last year when the movie's original release date was February '21. I'm not sure how planned that is or if it's just them naturally putting out comic-oriented waves in the lull between movies. Either way I definitely wouldn't be shocked if this is where we get an Echo or a comic Yelena (I'm surprised people aren't mentioning her more here).
They'd also mentioned they did the Shuri/Klaw two-pack for TRU because they'd heard those characters were going to be in the Black Panther movie.

Blue Marvel finally getting a figure is great. Can't wait to see it. Hoping/guessing we may get another Thunderbolt as well since they've been slowly filling out that team in Avengers waves the last few years. I could see Moonstone or Fixer making an appearance.

Yes to both of these please!

effigy
Super Poseable

Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:45 am

People keep saying Thor will be the anchor because Cap and Iron Man are going to be part of the 20th but they’ve released 4 comic iron mans and 3 Mcu iron mans this year alone so I find that logic faulty. And they don’t really seem to ever let Thor Anchor a wave. It’s always Steve or Tony or both. I think the Anchor will be Tony. Hopefully the original grey suit (then re released in Gold later, or vice versa)
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:52 am

If any iteration of Thor is in any wave, I hope they include a Ragnarok head.
It would help with reuse of an old Thor figure, retired by the new one, and it would show that Dark Avengers are a team that Hasbro is looking to work on.

I really want a dark Ms Marvel, but if we get a Karla Sofen figure, I’d most want a classic Masters of Evil Moonstone.
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:28 pm

Absolutely! A Ragnarok head should've been included with 80th Thor.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:57 pm

Eh, might’ve seemed a bit tacked on for anyone who just wanted a nice MIB figure of a classic Thor. Adding in a mildly obscure robot head to the package would’ve kind of hurt that.

Really hoping Nefaria finally comes. He’s been on my top 10 since day 1, I think he’s the only one who’s lasted that long.

I’m sure there will be an Iron Man in here and I’m good with it. After years of getting nothing but movie repaints, I’m just happy to be getting some great comic versions. I’m obviously partial to Heroes Return, but Extremis is the most recent armor I’d buy, so that’d be cool too. Or like suggested, even an original gray/gold version would be cool.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:06 pm

Wouldn't it be great if the non-A lister remaining slots went to comic versions of MCU characters? In one fell swoop they'd shut down a lot of my complaints on this board... :D
Mantis
Nebula
Skurge
M'Baku BAF
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:19 pm

Cyborg head with a classic Thor would be a good easy way to get Ragnarok. I also really like his more individual look he adopted later as a Dark Avenger, and would love to see it as a figure.

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:52 pm

Feels like Hasbro needs to get more mileage out of the Modular Iron Man mold before we see yet another new sculpt.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”