Classic Dr. Strange (Walmart exclusive)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Classic Dr. Strange (Walmart exclusive)

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:14 pm

september_death wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:05 pm
Weren’t his pants also blue when he had the mask?

Not that I really care. Not sure how key that is for diehard fans, but that masked head will never be displayed for me.
I love Strange's masked look and definitely will need a separate accurate figure for it. I'd take the "construct Strange" from the 90s book too!
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:16 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:13 pm
Ugh, [email protected]#$ exclusives.

If only because they always go up at some super early time for PST people. 7 am? Cmon, why can’t it be a little later, like 9 or 10.
I wish they DID go up earlier. My standard "while I'm at work" gripe applies here as well, and it'll be long gone before I even have a chance to glance at the listing. I'd love to be able to get up before work and actually order one of these for a change.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:18 pm

I bet this is where Ajak is going to be made available. At the Walmart collector con
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:19 pm

Looks fantastic, but they’re teasing me with the Wand of Watoomb! I have that! I need the Evil Eye!

I’ll definitely track down a nice custom cape for him.
The Scream Man
Throw Another DCUC on the Barbie!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:20 pm

Great looking figure and great looking accessories. Ill need at least 2.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

TFitz wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:59 pm
Looks like I'm gonna be the naysayer here. Where the hell is the deluxe price coming from?

Mostly re-use with a new torso and skirt and weapons. 3 Heads is just 1 more than we get with some others. That's a shit cape, no way around that. All for over $27 with taxes. Sorry, but I don't see this being worth that at all.

If this is where Legends are headed, I'm going to be a hell of a lot more picky on my purchases. And I'm a guy with plenty of disposable income.

strange.png
Aren't the arms new, too?

I don't love the cape re-use here, I wasn't a fan of it the first time around.. I doubt I'm gonna like it much more this time. I am very excited to get Classic Strange in the display finally, though. I took the TB one out a long time ago.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:24 pm

I’ll echo Fitz here - I’m excited to get a new classic Strange but what is up with that pricing? I am well aware of cost increases but the jump is staggering. The Infinity Saga singles made sense at that price as they were for the most part brand new from the ground up. I’m not sure I see that much value in what is being shown here.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:25 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
TFitz wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:59 pm
Looks like I'm gonna be the naysayer here. Where the hell is the deluxe price coming from?

Mostly re-use with a new torso and skirt and weapons. 3 Heads is just 1 more than we get with some others. That's a shit cape, no way around that. All for over $27 with taxes. Sorry, but I don't see this being worth that at all.

If this is where Legends are headed, I'm going to be a hell of a lot more picky on my purchases. And I'm a guy with plenty of disposable income.

strange.png
Aren't the arms new, too?

I don't love the cape re-use here, I wasn't a fan of it the first time around.. I doubt I'm gonna like it much more this time. I am very excited to get Classic Strange in the display finally, though. I took the TB one out a long time ago.
I was thinking the upper arms were re-use. I could be wrong on that as I don't have time to compare them right now.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:27 pm

H-bird wrote:I’ll echo Fitz here - I’m excited to get a new classic Strange but what is up with that pricing? I am well aware of cost increases but the jump is staggering. The Infinity Saga singles made sense at that price as they were for the most part brand new from the ground up. I’m not sure I see that much value in what is being shown here.
Unfortunately, this has been the new exclusive pricing for Star Wars since last year. Store exclusives inexplicably went to $25 for SWB, and now the price increase on top of that.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:30 pm

Exactly what I want from a Doctor Strange figure in every way, and I felt instant disgust that they gave this one to Walmart, like a level of instinctual, judgmental disgust I was actually shocked at my own reaction.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:34 pm

docsilence wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:30 pm
Exactly what I want from a Doctor Strange figure in every way, and I felt instant disgust that they gave this one to Walmart, like a level of instinctual, judgmental disgust I was actually shocked at my own reaction.
You’re not alone! My emotions ran from incredibly excited to instantly irritated and mad when I saw Wal-Mart exclusive.

A-tier characters in their definitive looks should NEVER be exclusive. Full stop. Especially not one fans have wanted for years.

They might as well just ship these straight to scalpers. I already know the local ones here are high-fiving each other over this.
Storm of the Vale
CROM!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:37 pm

Replace the Almanac with Dr Strange & replace the Oh la la reveal for Wal-Mart & you've got my reaction.
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:42 pm

I misread 'Walmart' as "Walgreens' when I woke up this morning and immediately thought this was the new theme for 2022, expecting Clea, Mordo and Dwight's potential tease Gargoyle as the other three... Then I re-read it...
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:44 pm

september_death wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:05 pm
Weren’t his pants also blue when he had the mask?

Not that I really care. Not sure how key that is for diehard fans, but that masked head will never be displayed for me.
the Gene Colan redesign was an attempt to make him look more generically "super heroy". A blank buck with flared gloves more or less gets the job done.

Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:46 pm

Wow, this figure looks amazing! But the price and retailer are a bit of a turn off. I'll still try to get one though.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”