2022 X-Men Bonebreaker BAF Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
darkmoon766
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 X-Men Bonebreaker BAF Wave

Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:14 pm

RAM wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:19 am
TheSameIdiot wrote:Yeah, but this body is huge.
Idk size looks alright to me
That's the first photo I've seen that looks that close to the bucky cap body. Usually it looks taller and bulkier than that. Hard to say how big it really is I guess but until there are more direct comparisons I will still tend to think the body is too big with most of the photos and videos appearing to show it way larger than that.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:33 pm

Having Vulcan in hand, he seems less appropriate for Cyclops or Daredevil, but perfect for Vision, Wonder Man, maybe Hawkeye and Black Panther, maybe Captain Mar-Vell.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:49 pm

I can see how much bigger it is. Even in that pic. And there have been pics in this thread that show it compared to the Reaper body and it's almost identical to that. In that pic above I can see its taller and wider then the Bucky Cap. Because of how Jim Lee Cyclops was drawn, I think it could work for that particular version, but for uniformity sake I wouldn't want it being bigger anyway. I know I personally won't be buying any "upgrades" on this body. The feet are also too flat, almost duck like. The Bucky Cap feet may be too small, but at least they're the right shape. The Carnage feet on the Bucky Cap body would be ideal for most characters.

This should show a better size comparison for Vulcan. These are Akatsuki's pics from earlier in the thread. In these it looks almost identical to the Reaper body, just with pinless and butterfly joints.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:29 pm

I already have my ideal Sabretooth, but I still really like this figure.

I've never liked the classic Wolfman design, so I definitely like him in that role...

Wonder if I can get a cheap Happy Hogan off eBay (never saw the set on clearance) to give him more civilian clothes than supervillain costume.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:35 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:46 am
Or even Profit Director Destro's shades if you have those?
I'm always late, but I always come through for you, lol.

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:09 pm

NORM wrote:
Having Vulcan in hand, he seems less appropriate for Cyclops or Daredevil, but perfect for Vision, Wonder Man, maybe Hawkeye and Black Panther, maybe Captain Mar-Vell.

This is right for me, too. It's a Grim Reaper/Spider-UK replacement.

Replacing Bucky Cap is a weird thing to do because so many characters were incorrectly shoe-horned onto the body. Cyclops, Vision, and DD really shouldn't share a body. Daredevil is 5'11, 185lbs. BP is 6', 200lbs. Mr. Fantastic is 6'1, 180lbs. Cyclops is 6'3, 195lbs. Hawkeye is 6'3, 230lbs. Vision is 6'3, 300lbs. Hasbro should really expand their stable of bodies. IMO, we need:

- A lithe body for acrobatic types. The closest analog is probably the Sunfire body. This can serve the likes of DD, BP, and Mr. Fantastic. Spider-Man is 5'10, 167lbs, so this could fit him, too. Though Spidey is such a popular hero that he may warrant his own mold, like Wolverine.

- A tall and muscular body for those in between. This can serve the likes of Cyclops and Silver Surfer (6'4, 225lbs).

- A superheroic body for most heroes. Vulcan is already ideal. This serves Hawkeye, Vision, and Magneto. Most of the Marvel Universe, really. In that way, it is a Bucky Cap replacement.

- A brawler body for the big boys. This is your Hyperion or Hercules body. It serves the heavy-hitters like Luke Cage.

There's also a need for a teenage body, but the four bodies mentioned about would cover 80% of Marvel's male heroes.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:24 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:35 pm
JTMarsh wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:46 am
Or even Profit Director Destro's shades if you have those?
I'm always late, but I always come through for you, lol.

Looks great! Did you paint them? They always look two-toned when I see them in the box with Destro. My compliments on your obvious X-party. Who more fitting than Strong Guy to be doing a "Guido fist pump" in the club. Likewise, what's your final tally on Multiple Man's, I managed to stop myself at 3.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:29 am

mattmurdog wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:33 am
BILLIUM wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:29 am
TheeCollector wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:45 am

Benty’s custom head on this is phenomenal. Really makes the figure IMO.
That, coupled with painting the hands and feet a matching brown makes this the perfect 80s Sabretooth; he looks as if he stepped right out of the original Marvel Handbook.
Yes, we need images!
I only have crappy cell phone pics at the moment, but check out pics from Benty:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/225015912693

I also put a layer of Modpodge on mine to prevent any paint chipping in the event of a shelf dive.
maschine9
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:37 am

BILLIUM wrote:
mattmurdog wrote:
BILLIUM wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:29 am

That, coupled with painting the hands and feet a matching brown makes this the perfect 80s Sabretooth; he looks as if he stepped right out of the original Marvel Handbook.
Yes, we need images!
I only have crappy cell phone pics at the moment, but check out pics from Benty:

I also put a layer of Modpodge on mine to prevent any paint chipping in the event of a shelf dive.
Thanks! I had only seen the digital render prototype unpainted several pages back, it looks rad!
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:38 am

maschine9 wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:37 am
BILLIUM wrote:
mattmurdog wrote:

Yes, we need images!

Thanks! I had only seen the digital render prototype unpainted several pages back, it looks rad!
It is! It takes my least favorite figure in the wave and made him my number one. Amazing what a new head and painted hands and feet can do for a figure.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:59 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:24 am
Looks great! Did you paint them? They always look two-toned when I see them in the box with Destro. My compliments on your obvious X-party. Who more fitting than Strong Guy to be doing a "Guido fist pump" in the club. Likewise, what's your final tally on Multiple Man's, I managed to stop myself at 3.
I did not paint them.

Haha, thanks. He's flexing, you just can't see his other arm.

I had 15? But I sold 3 to my best friend (at cost, on the conditions if he doesn't want them anymore, he has to sell them back to me at the same price :lol:).

Jamie Prime has the only unmasked head, and I gave him the "M" tattoo from one of the last issues I read where a dupe goes into the future Bishop came from, got the tattoo, died, and Jamie woke up in present day with it on his face.

Ugh, now I want a Layla Miller figure...
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:22 pm

TENIME_art had 15 Multiple Men, but he sold 3 to his best friend. How many Multiple Men does he have left?
maschine9
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:41 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:59 pm

Jamie Prime has the only unmasked head, and I gave him the "M" tattoo from one of the last issues I read where a dupe goes into the future Bishop came from, got the tattoo, died, and Jamie woke up in present day with it on his face.

Ugh, now I want a Layla Miller figure...
Yes! Madrox and well heck all of the XF Investigations team stat!
Scissors
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:18 pm

The comparison pictures really help cement my initial thoughts about that Vulcan body mold!

* Pinless joints and butterfly joints are obviously the major improvements, but...

* The legs are too long -- specifically, the thighs are weirdly elgonated. If the thighs were 1/8 or 1/4 inch shorter, they would look much more proportionate and will also bring this new buck to roughly the same height as the Bucky Cap mold.

* The chest muscles are sculpted in a strangely narrow way. I imagine this is to accommodate the butterfly joints, but it makes the chest bunched up in front like he's wearing a push-up bra or something. :?

* One last thing that's not apparent in the comparison pics is that if you look at this buck sideways, it's very "flat" from front to back. It lacks depth, more so than most other previous molds. Fortunately this should not be too noticeable in most displays.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:56 pm

NORM wrote:
My first 2 thoughts were Sentry and Gladiator (Shi'ar). I've hated the body those 2 are on since the day I got them.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”