2022 X-Men Bonebreaker BAF Wave

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 X-Men Bonebreaker BAF Wave

Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:15 am

Thinking about sitting this whole wave out. Could care less about Vulcan or Darwin, don't need another Wolverine, and while the rest are characters I'd like to have, the executions rank from bad to uninspiring for me. Don't care about the Reavers so I don't need the BaF. I think I'm gonna try to be choosier about Legends this year and only get stuff that really excites me rather than generally buying up comic figures just to have them. The pricing is just starting to outpace the value for my tastes.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:59 am

It looks like no butterfly shoulders on Jake Busey Sabretooth so I’m a bit disappointed as I really want to be able to pose him in some extremely dynamic poses. Still this will basically be my Marauders version of the character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:59 am

cmoney wrote:Thinking about sitting this whole wave out. Could care less about Vulcan or Darwin, don't need another Wolverine, and while the rest are characters I'd like to have, the executions rank from bad to uninspiring for me. Don't care about the Reavers so I don't need the BaF. I think I'm gonna try to be choosier about Legends this year and only get stuff that really excites me rather than generally buying up comic figures just to have them. The pricing is just starting to outpace the value for my tastes.
I plan on getting this wave if it goes on a good sale. Certain figures I expect to see go down to 14 bucks on Amazon or Dorkside. It's certainly not a full price wave for me. I only want 3 of the figures, but I hate having unused BaF peices.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:19 pm

JTMarsh wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:02 pm
Yeah Most of my X-wants are in the rear-view, which is a double edged sword in that I have less that I want but also less to be excited about. There are still a few, but I doubt I'll be spending what I used to on them. Which is in itself not a bad thing when I consider how much I'll likely be spending on Gargoyles and whatever Batman stuff looks decent from McFarlane. I'm sure they'll do something for the X-fans in the form of another Haslab like a modular Danger Room, or Mansion playset that will reel me back in somewhat though.
I know what you mean. Outside of the TAS versions of the figures, I'm not expecting much in the way of ML this year. Same with Black Series, unless we get surprises that change my mind. Means I can afford Mafex more easily though, which is nice.

I'm actually wondering if I should start offloading figures/BAF parts while I have less coming in.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:23 pm

pr1983 wrote:
JTMarsh wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:02 pm
Yeah Most of my X-wants are in the rear-view, which is a double edged sword in that I have less that I want but also less to be excited about. There are still a few, but I doubt I'll be spending what I used to on them. Which is in itself not a bad thing when I consider how much I'll likely be spending on Gargoyles and whatever Batman stuff looks decent from McFarlane. I'm sure they'll do something for the X-fans in the form of another Haslab like a modular Danger Room, or Mansion playset that will reel me back in somewhat though.
I know what you mean. Outside of the TAS versions of the figures, I'm not expecting much in the way of ML this year. Same with Black Series, unless we get surprises that change my mind. Means I can afford Mafex more easily though, which is nice.

I'm actually wondering if I should start offloading figures/BAF parts while I have less coming in.
I wouldnt rule out an xmen retro wave this year.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:11 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:23 pm
I wouldnt rule out an xmen retro wave this year.
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I wouldn't mind that at all, but like JTM said, a lot of the characters I would want, I have already. Sure, there are exceptions (as I'll buy any Cyclops that gets put out), but I can't see myself needing another Gambit or Nightcrawler, for example.

I'm sure I'll eat humble pie when they announce deluxe Halo Angel, or Outback Colossus though.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:32 am

I PO-ed the Wolverine / Jubilee / Sinister animated series figures, basically because I loved tiger stripe Wolverine back when I was a kid and the ToyBiz Wolverine v.2 was my go to figure for all that time. We'll see how the Wolverine figure turns out because I dunno if I need Jubilee and if the Wolverine is meh, I know I wont need cel shaded Sinister if I'm not gonna' continue the line. As for offloading figures or parts, I'd considered doing the same, as like you said, I still want a decent Angel, Morph, Avalanche, Blob, Mojo etc. Ones like Longshot, I'll obviously buy, but it's not something I'm overly excited for. Plus most of the primary X-Men figures from the show and 90s books have been done well enough that I don't really think we would get better versions. So in terms of Cyclopses, maybe a Dark Phoenix version since I don't have that? My Top 10 gets harder to make and is being filled by more tertiary figures I'd just like to see rather than am aching to have.

As for Black Series, fortunately there's very little I find myself even wanting especially with the price increases. I think Ep.4 Greedo was the only thing besides a Stormtrooper I bought of BS in the last 6 months. So unless there's more Cantina aliens coming, a new Sandtrooper, or perhaps a Darth Maul that just looks cool I've got 90% of what I want from that line too. Which is fortunate because I'm not paying $35 for a figure that used to cost $20 a year an a half ago and is largely reuse / repainted.
pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:53 pm

I've only pre-ordered Sinister thus far (Brexit ftw), but the hope is that if more shops over here offer them, then it'll be easier for me to get them. And yeah, at this point it's more about plugging the few holes left in my collection than anything else.

Black Series wise, I'm dreading/excited for next year being the ROTJ anniversary. It's my favourite movie bar none, so if a similar line comes out to the ESB one, then I'll be all over that. That... is a shocking increase in price though. Are they really getting that bad? I've seen ML creeping up, but that still seems excessive for a single Star Wars figure.
wetwithwaterwings
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:42 pm

Like many of you, I'm cherry picking this wave:
Siryn - Another X-Force to cross off the list.
Havok - Great effects and I do have a soft spot for the character despite not having a spot on the shelf that the classic iteration fits with.
Wolverine - Lame, but I have every Wolverine that's come out since the new costumed and new jeans bodies debuted. It's the only character that I go all-in on, so it doesn't sting too much.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:44 pm

They are using the term "deluxe" on figures that are anything but, and charging around $33 or so, then add tax, for them, instead of the new single wave figure price of $23 or whatever it is. Like the new Cobb Vanth figure. They said hes deluxe cause of "the paint." And theres a new Boba Fett coming that is basically the same thing. It comes with nothing that would warrant the extra $10, but they are charging it anyway. It's starting to be called the Boba Fett Tax in some circles. And excluisves have also seen a price jump, because, exclusive. The Wal Mart exclusive Bad Batch figures were around $30 or so, and I never saw any Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars stuff, but I believe those were also above normal price. The Target exclusive Clone Wars figures last year were also $25, which was before the new price hike, when the regular figures were still $20.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pr1983
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:39 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:44 pm
They are using the term "deluxe" on figures that are anything but, and charging around $33 or so, then add tax, for them, instead of the new single wave figure price of $23 or whatever it is. Like the new Conb Vanth figure. They said hes deluxe cause of "the paint." And theres a new Boba Fett coming that is basically the same thing. It comes with nothing that would warrant the extra $10, but they are charging it anyway. It's starting to be called the Boba Fett Tax in some circles. And excluisves have also seen a price jump, because, exclusive. The Wal Mart exclusive Bad Batch figures were around $30 or so, and I never saw any Genndy Tartakovsky Clone Wars stuff, but I believe those were also above normal price. The Target exclusive Clone Wars figures last year were also $25, which was before the new price hike, when the regular figures were still $20.

That's ridiculous.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:01 am

Yea it's not a popular practice and some people are being alot more selective or even jumping ship entirely. Maybe if Hasbro loses enough money on it they'll change their minds. But, its Star Wars, so there will always be people buying it. Whether they say they will or not.

JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:14 am

Pulse has 2 versions of Throne Room Yavin 4 Leia for sale. The only difference is the packaging. The regular one is $22.99 while the one in the POTF cardback packaging is $29.99. We're talking $7 for nostalgia packaging at this point. I know they claim the additional costs are to help them recoup the costs for new sculpts etc. but they're a toy company, developing toy products is what they do; you can't pass every cost of doing business on to the consumer. Are we supposed to subsidize their electric bill too? Hence my selective approach to what Star Wars BS I am willing to buy from them at this point.
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:22 am

Settled on just Havok, Siryn, & Sabretooth.

I do want to build Bonebreaker though, so hopefully Darwin, Vulcan, & Maggot can be found on sale a month or so after release.

Also still miffed there is only one female in this wave...
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:29 am

As a classic collector, I'm just getting Havok and I'm fine with that. I'm hoping to carry on with cherry-picking 1 per wave, if I can. The idea of getting an expensive full wave only comes up once in a blue moon - for example, the classics-heavy Villains wave.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”