Haslab 2022

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Haslab 2022

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:31 am

Foom or bust.
Samael13
is way smarter than you

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:05 am

To do the Blackbird, they'd have to *really* fudge the dimensions, and I think it'd end up *looking* like that old Toy Biz one. I'm not sure how much broad appeal that would really have. If they tried to make it in scale to what Marvel claims the jet's dimensions are, it'd be like 7' x 5' and a foot and a half tall. That just seems... too big. That's a toy significantly larger than my coffee table.

I think that one-off molds like Mojo, Hodge, the Supreme Intelligence are solid candidates. Maybe too big or weird to cost out anymore in normal waves, but good candidates for the more made to order model of HasLab.

The Hell Charger or Punisher Van seem like reasonable candidates, too. I wouldn't mind a break, though. A Marvel HasLab every other year or so (or if it was just the ones I was interested in were every other year?) would be a more than welcome, haha.
RAM
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:13 am

EGO THE LIVING PLANET beach ball please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WTHIOTina
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:09 pm

I'd love a Haslab PACK of figures. Like the Imperial Guard or another big group like that. I don't need every HasLab to be ridiculously huge. How about some figures that might not sell enough on Amazon or WalMart?
fac
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:49 pm

I feel like retail could handle a larger vehicle line if kept under $100, so wonder if those really need to be a HasLab. Same with the boxset of figures ideas - they are putting out over a 100 figures a year, hard to believe there are characters from almost any team that have been around for awhile that aren't in play for a regular release - not sure how many characters are too obscure for retail but would move the needle for a HasLab.

I'm also curious how MODOK sold and what that might mean as an a outlet for larger and bulkier characters like Mojo, that may have opened that up a bit.
RAM
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:22 am

I thought Haslab was suppose to be innovative and creative yada yada so making a big pack of standard figures and calling it a haslab project sounds completely pointless.

ig64
Hot Female Designated Assassin Droid

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:42 am

I think doing a HasLab for a basic boxset of figures is a waste frankly. Fan Channel is effectively Hasbro's vehicle to release a figure that they think couldn't quite be done at retail. Boxsets can be done via Amazon or other exclusives. Save HasLab for large figures, vehicle/playsets or figures that require a ton of unique sculpting AND would be bigger size than MODOK price point.
Junkpile
one man's trash...

Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:08 am

I think there are a few large characters I'd still be after (but not at $400):

Surtur (comic)
Fin Fang Foom

Other than those, I think smaller (but still bigger than Hulk) could be cool at the right price:
12 to 14 inches:
Dragon Man
Mangog
Bi-Beast

14 to 18 inches:
Goliath (MoE)
Giant-Man/Goliath (Pym)
Goliath (Foster)
Atlas (Josten)
Frost Giant (movie or comic)

Multi-packs might get me if it's something I'm into. There are a few that might not fly at retail that I'd want. I understand wanting Haslab to be 'innovative', but that's just the marketing. They're really just making stuff that wouldn't fly at retail. Marvel Legends aren't 'legends' and DCUC weren't all 'classics'. Tag-lines and marketing considerations aside, there are things that can't make it at retail and those should (in my view) be fair game for Haslab.

U-Foes
Wrecking Crew - to be fair, the Crew and U-Foes could be done at retail, but I just threw them on as examples
Imperial Guard
Marauders
Rock & Redeemer

I would personally skip vehicles or dioramas. I'd be fine taking a year off and letting others support a Quinjet or Blackbird or Danger Room. No animosity on my part, but those just won't entice me to spend the money. Hellhcarger and Punisher Van might tempt me, but I'd probably pass on those as well.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:08 am

Smaller HasLab projects are walking a thin line. They have to be too big to work as a BAF and too obscure to work at retail (like MODOK). Shuma-Gorath and Mangog are the two that immediately come to mind for me.
RAM
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:01 am

U-Foes or Starjammers set would probably do fine on their own.

fletch137
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:05 am

JOExHIGASHI wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:40 am
Maybe they can do a playset like Avengers tower or baxter building or X mansion danger room.
I personally want the next HasLab to be in a different line I collect, like a Megazord or a HISS tank, but since we're in the Legends forum, I'll say Higashi's Danger Room suggestion is very workable.

Make it modular and fold-out-able, can vary the weapons and traps, and can encourage multiple purchases to make bigger rooms. I'm thinking something like the Tantive IV hall section they made for Star Wars where you can line them up as a single wall displayed on a shelf, box them around for a room, etc.

But I really want a HISS tank.
Scotch n Ciggs
CROM!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:14 am

3 3/4" MCU avengers with updated helicarrier and quinjet
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:00 pm

They should give us the dragon skeleton from the Defenders Netflix series
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:56 pm

Akatsuki wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:56 pm

Ultimo!!

That's the dream..
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:08 pm

Marvel has really checked off the obvious choices imo. Haslab may claim to be about innovation but really it's just about large items you can't do a retail. There's nothing especially creative or unexpected with any of the Haslab choices. Sail Barge, long requested. Unicron, how else could you make it? Sentinel very obvious choice. Galactus, super obvious choice. Razor Crest so obvious people expected it to be released in retail.

Looking at how recognizable and obvious those have been...what else really exists that's on par? At least with SW you still have obvious requests to still be fulfilled. General consensus items that tons of people want. A Death Star Playset for example. Do we really have that next obvious home run with Marvel?

The only thing I could see myself possibly pulling the trigger on is an X-mansion or danger room. But those are still only maybes.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”