Haslab 2022

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Maxmumspida
Faster than a speeding bullet
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Haslab 2022

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:43 pm

Too soon? Was wondering what should the next Haslab be? Should I keep this in Galactus thread?

Do you think it'll be Apocalypse? Should it not be Apocalypse? How big would/should Apocalypse be?

Lol, wondering if I convince my wife to let me get Galactus this time, after convincing her for Sentinel last time, what of Apocalypse?
sdooner
Avengers Assemble

Re: Haslab 2022

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:56 pm

I think I would rather have MCU Endgame Giant-Man, or Comics Avengers Giant-Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:10 am

sdooner wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:56 pm
I think I would rather have MCU Endgame Giant-Man, or Comics Avengers Giant-Man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please let it be the comics version as I cannot deal with trying to figure out how I'm gonna spend a few hundred dollars on one figure if they do the Endgame Giant Man.

If they do it to scale, I mean... he had War Machine, Rocket, and Hulk in his fist. 18 feet tall maybe? So maybe truncate it and what, six feet? Of course that will never happen, not even close, but that would be a fast track to divorce for sure. Which would work out since there wouldn't be room for me in the house anymore anyway.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:28 am

I’m calling MCU Quinjet. 10th anniversary of Avengers, changes the “it has to be a bigger/better figure” mindset.

If it is a figure, and we both get a Fantastic Four Retro wave this year and an Iron Man one in 2022, I say it’s Foom.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:36 am

september_death wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:28 am
I’m calling MCU Quinjet. 10th anniversary of Avengers, changes the “it has to be a bigger/better figure” mindset.

If it is a figure, and we both get a Fantastic Four Retro wave this year and an Iron Man one in 2022, I say it’s Foom.
I had talked to one of my friends about the Quinjet idea actually. That could be pretty cool, but would it be 3 3/4 inch? What would be funny is if they do it for AOU since they didn't really do figures for that, with a scaled team included.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:00 am

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind the Haslab projects being every other year. Especially as Star Wars and Transformers are also making Haslab projects (even though I don't really collect those lines). And GI Joe will likely get one in the future. It would just be nice if Hasbro didn't pummel its fans will all these high pricepoint items every year.
Maxmumspida
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:32 am

Okay. Haslab 2023.

What of monster onslaught or devil hulk?
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:53 am

I'm not sure what I'd want. I don't think the MU has too many interesting vehicles which I'd want a toy of. The Fantasticar is at least open topped so you can see the characters who are riding in it. And it can split apart. The Blackbird would just be a massive jet, which would look neat but have next to nothing in play value.

The only character I can think of who would be Sentinel-sized and maybe draw enough contributors to fully fund would be Fin Fang Foom. I suppose a comic or MCU Giant-Man, maybe Sentinel-sized could happen but would enough people pay $350 for him? Maybe make him ~16" instead?

Otherwise, maybe some more reasonably-budget characters (or pair/teams). 12-16 inches. Dragon Man. Kree Sentry (proper one). Fafnir. Mangog. Ymir. A more classic (ie smooth) Sentinel. Comic Odin with his goat-led chariot? Awesome Android with Mad Thinker.

What about teams? A big boxed set of the Imperial Guard may do well. They've been around a long time and certainly have accrued fans.
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:17 am

I think supreme intelligence should be the next haslab project.

It's the only way we'll get him and get him done right. Haslab is the ideal outlet.

Plus it'd be nice to get a new character.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:18 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:53 am
What about teams? A big boxed set of the Imperial Guard may do well. They've been around a long time and certainly have accrued fans.
This is where my head went. A project like Mattel's Legion of Super Heroes Box set they did for DCUC - but for an under represented team that needs a bunch of figures in one go - maybe a diorama piece included? The Imperial Guard isn't a bad suggestion but others that could be interesting:

Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts - Package the hero and the villain looks of the original team - Moonstone in her classic costume and Meteorite; Screaming Mimi/Songbird; Beetle/Mach I; Citizen V/ Baron Zemo; Goliath / Atlas and thrown in Jolt and Charcoal as stretch goals.... I'd be down.

Inhumans - Do the full Royal Family with Lockjaw - stretch goals could be alternate looks (Karnak, Maximus) or other characters. Maybe include a Kirby inspired throne room diorama

Serpent Society - Death Adder, Anaconda, Black Mamba, Diamondback and on and on. There's a tone of those guys we need in the collection
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:21 am

PantherCult wrote:
Masters of Evil/Thunderbolts - Package the hero and the villain looks of the original team - Moonstone in her classic costume and Meteorite; Screaming Mimi/Songbird; Beetle/Mach I; Citizen V/ Baron Zemo; Goliath / Atlas and thrown in Jolt and Charcoal as stretch goals.... I'd be down.
I'll give you a big smooch if this happens, because that would probably make me faint from happiness.
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:33 am

Bigger Galactus
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:44 am

I’m really wary of figure sets. I want obscure teams, but it’s very Mattycollector, and shows they have a line that some figures can’t mix into waves. It’s a gray area for the line I’d like to avoid.

I would be all about 12-18” figures in the $100-$150 range, like people are calling out Mangog, Ymir, Cameron Hodge…I could even see Mojo ending up there.

I’d also be willing to skip a year or alternate a $300 year and a $150 year.
DetectiveHoag
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:45 am

TFitz wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:21 am
PantherCult wrote:
I'll give you a big smooch if this happens, because that would probably make me faint from happiness.
Fans have been asking for those pairings for many years now. While we’ve gotten a few of the T-bolts, and Zemo, finally, we’re still waiting on many of those. As for Charcoal, he will probably never get made. Marvel cut him from the book due to creator rights issues, and likely, for the same reasons, they’ll not make a figure of him.
fac
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:14 am

They've done the two no-brainer choices. Whatever is next will be much less of a sure thing.

For a line with this longevity the lack of playsets or vehicles (apart from a few cycles) is kind of amazing - so anything in that vein would be a line expansion so hard to know how collectors will react. Having said that I'd like a Quinjet, and think they could prime that interest a bit with some smaller vehicles/playsets at retail like a Punisher Van and/or Fantasticar and/or Thor and his chariot.

But my instinct is they go MCU with Ant-Man/Giant-Man around when the next one hits theaters. Even though they might want to move away from another huge figure, just because how many of them can people have before they don't seem special (or run out of room), but switching to the MCU might appeal to a different branch of the collectors.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics