Captain America: Year of the Shield

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
User avatar
Beamish
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1197
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:44 am

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:24 pm

MagnusPrimal wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:29 pm
Beamish wrote:Interesting coincidence perhaps?
The Marvel Legends Game Stop cards that will be offered with various waves -
Pictured on the foil packaging: Baron Zemo for the current Bring on the Bad Guys wave (listed as Wave 2), Doctor Doom (probably for the upcoming FF retro wave), Jean Grey (probably with the next X-wave), and...
Captain America
Maybe a hint that there will be a Cap wave next year, accompanied by the Game Stop cards?
What version of Jean Grey?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

I don't think there's a new Jean figure coming (or Doom), it's just possible the characters pictured on the foil cover are just representatives of future cards with future ML waves. They could have swapped out Jean for Kurt and it would be the same - both are X-characters. Maybe the next set of cards will come out with the AOA wave. That's why I just think it's oddly coincidental that there is some sort of Cap promotion coming our way and Cap just happens to be on the foil cover, as opposed to a character like Spidey who has a film and a wave coming out.
Similarly, Zemo on the cover as opposed to Thanos is oddly interesting since Zemo was in the Bad Guys card set, but there hasn't been a Zemo figure in awhile, and Thanos is a much more recognizable character.
All of this is just speculation on my part, and some wishful thinking.
User avatar
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1436
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:50 am

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:48 pm

I’m here for any and all versions of cap, but I would most like to see

Light blue 80th
A redo of marvel now! Cap
New Bucky cap
Sam Wilson cap with wings
“Commander” Rogers

I’m also totally here for a bunch of classic villains, Zemo, USAgent, Sin, etc.

Id love a comic cap wave and I loved the comic iron man wave, but I feel like hasbro wouldn’t do ongoings for them annually like Spider-Man, X-men, etc. I would also imagine Hulk and Thor couldn’t sustain waves outside of film releases.

The best way to remedy this in my opinion is to give us an ongoing all comic avengers wave every year

That being said, give us a Cap wave anyway!!
User avatar
Diddy310
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4196
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:10 pm

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:41 pm

I'd like to see

Cap (bright colors 80th)
Demolition Man - clean shaved masked head, bearded unmasked
Helmut Zemo
Flag Smasher
Diamondback (pink hair full mask and brown hair domino mask)
Battlestar
A Serpent society member
- Viper I - either the classic two tone green or the Serpent Solutions green/yellow using the Beetle/Night Thrasher torso
- Sidewinder
- Death Adder

BAF: Armadillo or Fourth Sleeper

Amazon 3 pack of WW2 Cap,Bucky, and Heinrich Zemo

Fan Channel
Isaiah Bradley - 80th Cap with shorter gloves, removable combat helmet, and Double V shield
US Agent - Toybiz card
Falcon Cap - redone arms to support the Fixit wave Falcon's wings
User avatar
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1436
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:50 am

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:32 pm

Rektangular reported back in February that he’d seen a listing for “Avengers deluxe 3” slated for August and retailing for $50. Id bed whatever Cap reveal Ryan Ting has in store for us, it pertains to that
User avatar
Hagop
Pietro's Running Mate
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New York City
Posts: 18107
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:39 pm

Cap classic update
Bucky classic re-do
Zemo bronze age classic re-up
Diamondback
Baron Blood
Jim Hammond - powered down but with flame accessories


Armadillo BaF
User avatar
Hagop
Pietro's Running Mate
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New York City
Posts: 18107
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:47 pm

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:40 pm

Almost put a classic Falcon in there, but we just got a pretty good falcon not that long ago, and that would be a lot of re-dos for one wave.
User avatar
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles - City of Fallen Angels
Posts: 10123
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:01 am

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:58 pm

The Hasbro ML team said the Iron Man Legends wave happened because the story of MCU Iron Man had wrapped up. so it was a perfect time to get out more comic Iron Man figures. The same logic can be applied to Captain America. I wouldn't be surprised if Cap get his own BAF wave next year. I know this year was his first appearance anniversary, but Hasbro doesn't always use anniversaries as promotional events.
User avatar
Jead
Customized
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon May 25, 2020 12:34 pm

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:00 pm

A brighter colors 80 years Cap is a no brainer at this point.
SHIELD Super Agents would be a fun team to see built over time.
I'd also love to see Black Mamba, Asp, and maybe Diamondback. Never enough female villains in the line.
Depowered Jim Hammond (If we get any Jim Hammond, make it this one.)

Also Melf.
User avatar
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 10137
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:17 am

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:03 pm

Dorlando_calrissian wrote:Rektangular reported back in February that he’d seen a listing for “Avengers deluxe 3” slated for August and retailing for $50. Id bed whatever Cap reveal Ryan Ting has in store for us, it pertains to that
Are we sure thats not hydra stomper?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

User avatar
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1436
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:50 am

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:34 pm

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:03 pm
Dorlando_calrissian wrote:Rektangular reported back in February that he’d seen a listing for “Avengers deluxe 3” slated for August and retailing for $50. Id bed whatever Cap reveal Ryan Ting has in store for us, it pertains to that
Are we sure thats not hydra stomper?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I doubt it. It was among listings with other comic deluxe/multipacks like modok and thanos
User avatar
kantboy2
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4438
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:04 am

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:07 pm

We need an Invaders wave, an 80's wave, a Heroes Reborn wave and a comic Civil War wave for Captain America. You could knock out a bunch of new characters while keeping Cap on the shelves;

80's - all based from Mike Zeck's cover art.

Uzi Shooting Captain America w/2 heads
80's Falcon
80's Nomad
80's D-Man
80's Constrictor
80's Baron Strucket
80's Viper

BAF - Ameridroid (evil 10 foot Captain America droid for the win) :lol:

80's - second wave

The Captain (metal shield)
Battlestar as Bucky
Superpatriot
Diamondback
Baron Blood
Machete
Zaran

BAF- Armadillo

Captain America vs Wolverine 2-pack with the claw sparks effect.

More Captain America
User avatar
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1436
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:50 am

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:35 pm

kantboy2 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:07 pm
We need an Invaders wave, an 80's wave, a Heroes Reborn wave and a comic Civil War wave for Captain America. You could knock out a bunch of new characters while keeping Cap on the shelves;

80's - all based from Mike Zeck's cover art.

Uzi Shooting Captain America w/2 heads
80's Falcon
80's Nomad
80's D-Man
80's Constrictor
80's Baron Strucket
80's Viper

BAF - Ameridroid (evil 10 foot Captain America droid for the win) :lol:

80's - second wave

The Captain (metal shield)
Battlestar as Bucky
Superpatriot
Diamondback
Baron Blood
Machete
Zaran

BAF- Armadillo

Captain America vs Wolverine 2-pack with the claw sparks effect.

More Captain America
I have a running joke with my dad about which John Walker persona is more iconic, USAgent or super Patriot. He swears up and down super Patriot. You’ve got some great lists. I’d gladly take anything from gruenwalds run
Mr potatohead
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:37 pm

You gotta love a promotion nobody knows about until 6 months after it started.
Sgt. Stinky
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Ohio
Posts: 848
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:20 pm

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:50 pm

I would so love for an all Cap wave to be true!!!! I don't care who is in it as long as they are Cap related characters!
User avatar
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5842
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Captain America: Year of the Shield

Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:16 pm

Dorlando_calrissian wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:34 pm
spideyboy1111 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:03 pm
Dorlando_calrissian wrote:Rektangular reported back in February that he’d seen a listing for “Avengers deluxe 3” slated for August and retailing for $50. Id bed whatever Cap reveal Ryan Ting has in store for us, it pertains to that
Are we sure thats not hydra stomper?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I doubt it. It was among listings with other comic deluxe/multipacks like modok and thanos
It was Hydra Stomper

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”