The Inhumans

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
blobfrombeyond
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: The Inhumans

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:29 pm

They could also be slotted into FF waves, as well as Avengers. Fan Channel probably makes most sense if Hasbro opts not to go the Box Set route.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:34 pm

I agree with everyone on classic versions first. But I also definitely want a Fearsome Four Medusa and a white/black suit Crystal with the bomber jacket for my 90’s Avengers.
Bleuboia
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:46 pm

september_death wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:34 pm
I agree with everyone on classic versions first. But I also definitely want a Fearsome Four Medusa and a white/black suit Crystal with the bomber jacket for my 90’s Avengers.
I could see a Crystal/Black Knight/Sersi pack for a comics Eternals movie themed pack, but I actually doubt they'll make any comic book related Eternals. Captain Marvel didn't get any comic book representation until later this year. We hope we get some since they're actually making a movie.

The Fearsome Four is a reason they need to make consistent Fantastic Four waves with just two members at a time.
Jead
Customized

Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:57 pm

Eternals and Inhumans are two teams I highly doubt we'll ever complete or get a significant portion of, no matter how much they're all overdue. We just don't get enough Cosmic.

Medusa could use a Kirby version, and Black Bolt DESPERATELY needs a figure with a cloth cape. Maybe two standalones, then a box set with the remaining main cast.
Littlemidget312
CROM!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:11 pm

Crystal is my number 1 most wanted never been done character. I feel like they’re waiting to pull the trigger with a Lockjaw combination.

At this point I hope Lockjaw receives a deluxe figure ala MODOK. Whether it’s an Inhumans box set or F4 wave I just want classic Crystal.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:19 pm

I know it's sacrilege, but one of my top ten wants has always been the Marvel Now / Hoodie / Warren Ellis arc Karnak. Definitely thinking we should/would get the classic versions first (like the three-pack from the 3.75 line) but grumpy martial arts detective Karnak would make my collecting year.

Haven't seen the Snake Eyes Timber figure in hand yet, but I have the panther from the D&D Drizz't figure (wild that they haven't expanded that line at all) and the panther is phenomenal. The demon dogs from the Hasbro Ghostbusters line were really well done, too. Feels like the iron is hot for a Lockjaw. They're killing it with oversized animals right now.

All that being said, I gotta imagine Inhumans are so far down on their to-do list...
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:22 pm

e-rock wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:32 pm
maczero wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:25 pm
e-rock wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:09 am
When am I getting my ABC's Inhumans Box Set Hasbro?!?

I kid I kid. Though I would prob ending up buying it if they really did it lol
You may be kidding but I like some of the costume designs on that show. I would take a Black Bolt, Crystal and possibly a Medusa.
Largely I agree. Just a shame they need basically every character's powers one way or another lol. This is a set that would never sell or be popular, but yeah I would buy it. I also wish we could get like an Amazon style set with the main Agents of SHIELD characters. But also doubt that ever comes to pass
I'd honestly be very tempted to get that Inhumans set. If they simply did Black Bolt, that would be even more tempting. I never even watched one second of the show beyond the trailer, but even with Ms Marvel coming I'm not too sure how much of a future the Inhumans have in the MCU. I had a Legends set of the FF from the first Fox movie for years until it was definite Marvel Studios was planning their own version, so I'm fine with crossing movie properties if need be.

Quake would be the only AOS figure I would get I think. Maybe Absorbing Man, heh.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:12 pm

I guess we can consider the damage Perlmutter did to the Inhumans the last thing he soiled before being shown the door.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:25 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:12 pm
I guess we can consider the damage Perlmutter did to the Inhumans the last thing he soiled before being shown the door.
He apparently did quite a bit of damage in other areas as well, such as being the obstacle for the Black Widow movie and ensuring Whedon would never return to Marvel. The latter, for many it seems, is possibly the best thing Ike did for Marvel...

(For the record, I'm not taking a stance... Joss accomplished quite a bit with Avengers and I personally love AOU almost as much, and Serenity will likely always remain in my top ten movies of all time, but he's also, at best, a sleaze, not to mention his Warner Brothers work...)
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:58 pm

Oh he sleazed up everything he touched. Just Inhumans his final parting shot of suckitude.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:45 am

Man... I remember after getting all of the Inhumans in the Marvel Universe line thinking that it meant the characters would show up imminently in Legends and then.... nothing. It's painful to see Karnak, Triton... even Lockjaw in that tiny scale with no hint of them in Legends.

I'm hoping they fix it eventually.

I'm torn between hoping that Marvel Select doesn't do a Lockjaw soon - so the Legends team won't feel like they have to hold off... and hoping MS DOES do a Lockjaw, so I can have one. I stopped myself from paying the price for the Mezco set since I wanted nothing to do with the Black Bolt accessory and it seemed like a lot of money for the dog... but I kind of regret it.
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:31 am

I'm so glad I got that Mezco Black Bolt Lockjaw set. I sold Black Bolt alone for $100 so the additional $17 the set cost was a steal for Lockjaw. He's sort of a brick but given his shape there's not a lot of room for functional articulation anyway.

Gotta say, the Inhumans are probably the only team where in every incarnation I've hated at least half their outfits but they've all looked awesome at different points in time. I like Jae Lee Black Bolt, Hoodie Karnak, the modern-ish Medusa we got at Walgreens, Kirby outfit Crystal, Triton from Uncanny Inhumans, and Gorgon's current outfit from the last Inhumans run where they were fighting the Progenitors. The set would look terrible together so I guess if we were only going to see each once I'd want them to stick with their classic looks for ML.
MarvelLegendsMan
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:30 am

Raybot wrote:Gotta say, the Inhumans are probably the only team where in every incarnation I've hated at least half their outfits but they've all looked awesome at different points in time. I like Jae Lee Black Bolt, Hoodie Karnak, the modern-ish Medusa we got at Walgreens, Kirby outfit Crystal, Triton from Uncanny Inhumans, and Gorgon's current outfit from the last Inhumans run where they were fighting the Progenitors. The set would look terrible together so I guess if we were only going to see each once I'd want them to stick with their classic looks for ML.
I agree with this wholeheartedly, especially on the point that if Hasbro finally decides to complete the Royal Family, they probably should go with the classic versions, as much as I love some of the other looks you mentioned. I just hope they give us Maximus, as well.

I also got Mezco Black Bolt/Lockjaw, but I kept the whole set. I really like the Black Bolt figure, I just wish he had a few more accessories/effect pieces.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:02 am

They have to make Lockjaw eventually...right?
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:42 pm

Talk about wasted slots. These would be garbage and an easy pass. Make that a hard pass! :evil: :evil:

:wink: :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”