Thor: Love and Thunder wave (2022)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Thor: Love and Thunder wave (2022)

Sat May 14, 2022 6:05 pm

I at some point am prob gonna find my Pratt head from the Ego 2 pack and put that on the L&T figure. I am using the masked head on that one, so it would work
Adamantium Claws
CROM!

Thu May 19, 2022 2:36 am

Well, I got my gift card the other day, and snagged Groot. He came down to retail price that day amazingly. Good snag. Probably going to use the rest of the money to partially pay for No Way Home 4K.
Leo Prime
HULK SMASH!

Fri May 20, 2022 5:41 pm

Can someone snap a quick pic of Ravager Thor next to the tank top movie Wolverine, please? Would love to see how those bare arms compare.
SammaeL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2022 2:12 am

Leo Prime wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:41 pm
Can someone snap a quick pic of Ravager Thor next to the tank top movie Wolverine, please? Would love to see how those bare arms compare.
Shart did a quick comparison in his review. https://youtu.be/FQD_TyZiRwo

Odd Stormbreaker is smaller than previous versions while Mjolnir is larger ....
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 1:37 pm

I took an exploratory boil and pry at the new Mjolnir and discovered it does actually have a round profile up inside the socket such that it could rotate,

so I trimmed the length of the shaft and wrapped it with plumber’s tape until it fit nicely in the socket of the classic hammer head

Pretty happy with this now being my preferred definitive version of the weapon, although I think I’ll give it a silver drybrushing so that it has a metallic look for being forged from Uru rather than this more stone-like appearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 23, 2022 1:46 pm

Additionally it sounds like people are as meh about the decreasing scaling of Stormbreaker as I am, so if that bugs you more than the accuracy of the detailing like it did for me, then you might like to get hold of one of these key rings

They’re a bit heavier and seem to be based off concept art but if you fill the lettering on the blade, perhaps dab some hot solder into the etched grooves, and grind off the loop for the chain at the bottom, then it could be painted up and look nice with various movie Thor figures.

I got one after i discovered how gummy the storm breaker with IW Thor was, but just haven’t gotten around to dealing with the lettering and painting

TFitz
Master of Avatars

Tue May 24, 2022 3:59 am

New trailer is out!
SymbiSpidey
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 24, 2022 9:22 am

Yeah it's safe to say Hasbro definitely dropped the ball on Gorr (though it's also possible that the concept art they got didn't do a good job of conveying the character's look).

Gorr seriously looked really creepy in the trailer.
canprime
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue May 24, 2022 10:38 am

TFitz wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 3:59 am
New trailer is out!
It was a fun trailer, but I kind of prefer the theme/feel of the first trailer.

Either way, it won't be long now. :D
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 12:37 pm

Gorr def looks better on screen than the figure but still has the weak cosplay vibe that Zeus has. Ordinarily I’d be firmly in the “give me all the gods you have” camp regarding figures of mythology characters but Zeus looks less majestic somehow than when Crowe played Jor-El.

The background stuff has some nice scale stuff like the titanic corpse we see but the foreground characters seem a mixed bag more on a par with tv shows like Xena. I get the impression what Gorr lacks visually will be made up for by Bale’s performance, and so the figure will take on a more imposing presence on the shelf once we fully see that, so maybe they should have kept Gorr back for a second wave and given folks the Miek they badly wanted or an armoured Heimdall to fill the legacy gap.

I still think it’s a shame they didn’t do Gorr like his comic aesthetic, the tentacles and lack of nose would have taken on a sort of ‘Davey Jones in space’ feel, and that’s really what you want so we don’t get another understated villain like Malekith who I liked but just doesn’t feel memorable.

I wonder if the similarity to a kind of Voldemort styling is an intentional sneaky choice to piggyback off the established gravitas that character holds for audiences rather than them taking time in the script to establish who or what the character really is

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 4:01 pm

Concerning Gorr...
Spoiler! :
I swear the first time you see him in the trailer, he has a lot less nose and is closer to his comic appearance. He definitely appears to change over time or maybe the more he uses his powers?

Either way, I'm betting we get a set with him with a more ghostly head and armored Thor with bare arms and non-helmet head.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Tue May 24, 2022 4:06 pm

I really hope we get a bare arms and helmetless version. At this point I'm pretty much set on getting a second Ravager Thor so I can make the Armored Thor bucketless.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 4:18 pm

Gorr looks cool in the trailer. After trailer, I am hoping for an eventual release of Zeus. Zeus and Miek are so far my biggest wants based on the marketing that we didn't already get
hunnipot85
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 24, 2022 6:47 pm

Zeus and derobed Thor two pack!
scottwerdal
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Tue May 24, 2022 8:00 pm

hunnipot85 wrote:Zeus and derobed Thor two pack!
He shall henceforth be know as Flicked Thor

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics