Thor: Love and Thunder wave (2022)

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Re: Thor: Love and Thunder wave (2022)

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:51 am

I wonder what MCU Gorr will be like considering MCU Hela stole most of his power set and his sword.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:33 am

100ptsofarticulation wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:44 am
I'm pretty sure this will be a split comic/mcu wave. This is the 4th Thor movie and the 6" line has never had a dedicated Thor wave. Which makes me believe they don't have faith an all movie wave would sell well enough.

Be a good opportunity for them to maybe do a foom style release, with a giant BaF split amongst 2 waves.
It is Thor's 4tg movie. But they ended up doing a ton of Ragnarok merch after the movie came out, so it must have sold well for them to keep pumping out Ragnarok stuff. So I think it easily could be either split or all MCU. If we get an all MCU movie wave, I would bank on this or Black Panther.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:22 am

100ptsofarticulation wrote:I'm pretty sure this will be a split comic/mcu wave. This is the 4th Thor movie and the 6" line has never had a dedicated Thor wave. Which makes me believe they don't have faith an all movie wave would sell well enough.

Be a good opportunity for them to maybe do a foom style release, with a giant BaF split amongst 2 waves.
Yeah, im feeling pretty confident it will be a split wave as well. Eternals only got a full wave because the main characters are a large team and it contained no spoilers.

All other full MCU waves came after the films release (m'baku wave and bro thor) or were disney+ and divided already

Other closest ones were the 2 guardians waves but they knocked the team out + filled the wave with comic

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:11 am

I don't expect a movie wave, but my wallet is ready just in case. If nothing else, you've got the ones already named but also characters like Miek, Nebula, Rocket, etc.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:15 am

I predict a 7 figure, all movie figure wave, with the BAF being comic Magog just to [email protected]#$ us again. They're getting pretty good at that with the BAF's.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:18 am

I honestly am not sure how many Guardians get figures here. They may opt to wait until GotG Vol 3 for them mostly.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:21 am

TFitz wrote:
I predict a 7 figure, all movie figure wave, with the BAF being comic Magog just to [email protected]#$ us again. They're getting pretty good at that with the BAF's.
In which case, MCU collectors need to start the "sponsor a comic collector" program. Please help those in need of BAFs.
e-rock wrote: I honestly am not sure how many Guardians get figures here.
Probably none, but I'm still hoping for Endgame style Nebula and Rocket SOMEwhere.
e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:26 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
TFitz wrote:
In which case, MCU collectors need to start the "sponsor a comic collector" program. Please help those in need of BAFs.
e-rock wrote: I honestly am not sure how many Guardians get figures here.
Probably none, but I'm still hoping for Endgame style Nebula and Rocket SOMEwhere.
I think it hinges on if this is full MCU or not. If it is, then I can see them. If not and we get like 3/4 figures and an exclusive, then I think we will end up with Jane, Thor, Gorr, and maybe Miek and/or 1 other character
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:28 am

Yeah I could see that. Even the all movie figure wave for Endgame still had two guys from other movies...
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:30 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
TFitz wrote:
Yeah, this is one part I'm done with not bitching about.

**incoming minor rant**

Mr. Hyde had ZERO new comic figs to go with the BAF. Just an Iron Man repaint.

Armadillo has just 2 new figures with it.

Prices are going up on these and frankly, I'm getting tired of spending $90-$120 just for the BAF. It seems to me the MCU has a ton of collectors, just as the comic figures do. Hasbro needs to stop pissing off their fanbase and keep the lines separate. It's an absolute win for their fanbase. You can collect either or both of the lines you love.
Ru_1977
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:31 am

I couldn't agree more.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:35 am

TFitz wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:
TFitz wrote:

**incoming minor rant**

Prices are going up on these and frankly, I'm getting tired of spending $90-$120 just for the BAF. It seems to me the MCU has a ton of collectors, just as the comic figures do. Hasbro needs to stop pissing off their fanbase and keep the lines separate. It's an absolute win for their fanbase. You can collect either or both of the lines you love.
Im not sure its a win for them if the complainers keep buying anyway and the formula keeps proving successful for them no matter how many complain. Money talks more than tears unfortunately

e-rock
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:42 am

Ru_1977 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:28 am
Yeah I could see that. Even the all movie figure wave for Endgame still had two guys from other movies...
True, but I also forgot about Zeus. I bet he ends up an exclusive somewhere.

Really hope this ends up all MCU. There will be a ton of figure worthy characters in this.
Thor-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:43 am

El Honez wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:15 am
This would be a good wave for a comic Executioner BAF.
Lord I hope not. As big of a Thor fan as I am, I don’t buy movie figures. And I’d hate to have yet another movie wave cram a much-wanted comic character in as the BaF.

But that does seem to be the trend these days.
100ptsofarticulation
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:49 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:35 am
TFitz wrote:
Ru_1977 wrote:

**incoming minor rant**

Im not sure its a win for them if the complainers keep buying anyway and the formula keeps proving successful for them not matter how many complain. Money talks more than tears unfortunately

Maybe the sales would still be there regardless of weather they were split or not.

Maybe they should have faith in the fans.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”