2022 - Happy Anniversary Marvel Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 - Happy Anniversary Marvel Legends

Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:44 pm

mr Articulate wrote:I thought they said in last live stream (or maybe SDCC) that Toad was the end of the anniversary figures. Yet Jay Cochran posted on another site that another Cap is coming that has never been done before. If so, probably would not be in ToyBix style packaging
He seems to be insisting that retro Beast, Apocalypse, Scorpion, the 3.75” Sentinel and a few other figures are part of the 20th anniversary celebration along with the TB carded figures. Has there been any indication of that? Do those figures have 20th anniversary branding or anything?
DaThing
CROM!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:33 pm

I am doubtful that there's going to be a 2nd series in the anniversary line. If they continue updating the figures in the original line, then Thing, Torch, Namor and Doom would be the next figures. All of them have had recent updates already. They could still make even newer updates, but I just don't see it happening.
RamTron
HULK SMASH!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:30 pm

Human Torch should definitely get an update in the likeness of the Series II version. Am not a fan of the jolly rancher look at all. I suppose they’re saving the best for next though so..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:37 pm

DaThing wrote:I am doubtful that there's going to be a 2nd series in the anniversary line. If they continue updating the figures in the original line, then Thing, Torch, Namor and Doom would be the next figures. All of them have had recent updates already. They could still make even newer updates, but I just don't see it happening.
It didn't stop them from doing Hulk and we've gotten plenty of then.

If they did a second series they could do:

Thing in dark blue shorts, but add the dark wash from the Walgreens release. Maybe throw in a trench coat instead of an effect piece.

Namor is in the new Black Panter movie so he has media support to warrant a new figure, maybe on the vulcan body or just do a straight up release with a water effect.

Human Torch is one that is least necessary, but they could do a new large effect piece for him. Perhaps reuse the one that will be coming with Galactus. Add the blank head for those that want the Hammond version. People would bite again.

Doom could come with a Doombot head and a normal head calling back to the chase variants. Instant army builder.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

DaThing
CROM!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:56 pm

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
DaThing wrote:I am doubtful that there's going to be a 2nd series in the anniversary line. If they continue updating the figures in the original line, then Thing, Torch, Namor and Doom would be the next figures. All of them have had recent updates already. They could still make even newer updates, but I just don't see it happening.

Thing in dark blue shorts, but add the dark wash from the Walgreens release. Maybe throw in a trench coat instead of an effect piece.

Namor is in the new Black Panter movie so he has media support to warrant a new figure, maybe on the vulcan body or just do a straight up release with a water effect.

Human Torch is one that is least necessary, but they could do a new large effect piece for him. Perhaps reuse the one that will be coming with Galactus. Add the blank head for those that want the Hammond version. People would bite again.

Doom could come with a Doombot head and a normal head calling back to the chase variants. Instant army builder.

Like I said, they could still update every figure that was in the OG series 2.

I would love to see an all new smaller scaled Thing in a Kirby/Perez/Byrne style. I like your idea of a new Namor on the Vulcan buck. I'd prefer the classic green trunks but I'd buy that black suit version too. Do a new Torch in the og red with painted black flame lines and throw in the Jim Hammond head and I'll buy 2. A slightly more classic Doom with alternate doombot head is another easy troop builder.

All of this IS possible, I just don't know how likely any of it actually is.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:45 pm

Toad dropped down to 27.19 on GameStop, in stock. Rhino is 31.19, also in stock.
Whitlow
Customized

Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:36 pm

Anyone else experiencing this -
I’ve tried to order Toad from GameStop multiple times on both my work desktop and my cellphone and I keep getting the same message over and over, something to the effect of “order can’t be processed please check your payment selection” It’s the card they have on file and it IS current. I even tried a different card and all I got was the same message.
Anyone else?
thekunk2075
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:19 pm

was an exciting day, toad and the controller wave showed up together. This wave is my favorite in quite a while.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:25 pm

Whitlow wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:36 pm
Anyone else experiencing this -
I’ve tried to order Toad from GameStop multiple times on both my work desktop and my cellphone and I keep getting the same message over and over, something to the effect of “order can’t be processed please check your payment selection” It’s the card they have on file and it IS current. I even tried a different card and all I got was the same message.
Anyone else?
I've had that happen before. For me, the billing address was defaulting to my shipping address. Updating the billing address on the card in the payment section fixed it for me. Hope this helps!
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:36 pm

Child_of_the_90's wrote:

Torch could keep going and going, so many different aesthetic paint jobs you can do with him... id personally love a bright red torch actually solid painted with the stripes...
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:15 pm

NORM wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:45 pm
Toad dropped down to 27.19 on GameStop, in stock.

That's why I canceled my preorder for him. They are not worth the asking price. In fact.....I'm holding out for another price drop before pulling the trigger in Toad.
MrMisterSaturn
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:21 pm

thekunk2075 wrote:
was an exciting day, toad and the controller wave showed up together. This wave is my favorite in quite a while.
Same, got Toad today and he’s fantastic. I’d totally be down for a S2 in this style. Just drop the 20th moniker and just call it a Toy Biz tribute line or the like.
thekunk2075
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:12 am

MrMisterSaturn wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:21 pm
thekunk2075 wrote:
Same, got Toad today and he’s fantastic. I’d totally be down for a S2 in this style. Just drop the 20th moniker and just call it a Toy Biz tribute line or the like.
hasbro would love it too, more cap and iron man and wolverines.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:52 pm

Toad arrived from GameStop. This is among the most articulated figures I can recall from recent ML. I think it's the same scheme as retro Spidey, but has better range of motion in the hips and ankles. I think the only real flaw to me is the reused arms (I think they're from Miles Morales/Ultimate Peter). They've got pins, and are a bare sculpt, while the rest of the figure (torso/legs) have a wrinkly costume sculpt. The arms feel cheaped out as a result. But he can really get into some great crouch poses. Best four point stance I've achieved (until I have the Spidey that comes with Spinneret).
tetragene
Avengers Assemble

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:01 am

the articulation & size of that Toad makes me wish AoA Wildchild had been on that body. Toad has probably been the best upgrade from the Toybiz version (Rogue being a close second lol)

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”