2022 - Happy Anniversary Marvel Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 - Happy Anniversary Marvel Legends

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:09 pm

Seems like an odd list, but OK. I was hoping they might focus this line on ToyBiz redos they hadn't done yet.

If the Sentinel works as 1st Appearance/Capcom* game style that would be awesome. I think that would pretty much complete all the major Sentinel models?

Firelord to go with Galactus would be great as well.

Animated Beast would seem odd to not have in the regular X-Men Animated line?

Edited to add: * not Capcom I guess but the X-Men Arcade game that had the "human" sized Sentinels, which was closer to the first appearance in terms of size.
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:21 pm

That’s a weird list to celebrate Legends, if true. I’m not turning down any chance to get Firelord, and I could go for a Mr Neg too. But I was expecting more updates of Toybiz figures (classic Cage and Iron Fist?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:41 pm

Very odd way to celebrate legends 20th. I have to assume his wires are crossed. They all sounds like store exclusive drops though

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:04 pm

Guessing War Machine and Sentinels would be the Gamerverse Sub-brand.
LivingTribunal
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:57 pm

Rob W wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:21 pm
That’s a weird list to celebrate Legends, if true. I’m not turning down any chance to get Firelord, and I could go for a Mr Neg too. But I was expecting more updates of Toybiz figures (classic Cage and Iron Fist?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I thought they would do updated releases too. Classic Beta Ray Bill, Danny Ketch Ghost Rider, along with updated versions of Hawkeye and Punisher, and a new Savage Namor. Maybe even an Extremis Iron Man to mark 10 years since the Return of ML.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:12 pm

I had also convinced myself that we'd see classic Luke Cage and Iron Fist in the anniversary line this year. Bummer. They were probably going on my top 10, anyway, so that cements it.

The human-sized Sentinel is a cool nod to the old arcade game. And I'll pick the better Apocalypse between this new ML version and the upcoming Marvel Select figure. I'll probably pass on the rest.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:20 pm

Wonder if they'll do the old MVC cardback for War Machine.

fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:01 am

If this is the 20th Anniversary list, they must be planning for a different look and price point than the clamshell reproduction/1st wave nostalgia we have seen so far. Because I can't see a $32 price point for Mr Negative or $44 for a video game Sentinel or Apocalypse, or why potential Gamerverse or X-Men Animated would make sense in that packaging - especially a potential X-Men Animated Beast as the VHS packaging was noted by Dan as a feature for the line. And if that's the case, why call these 20th Anniversary figures? The more I think about the less sense it makes, and agree maybe these are exclusives but not a continuation of the 20th line.
redkomic
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:15 am

fac wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:01 am
And if that's the case, why call these 20th Anniversary figures? The more I think about the less sense it makes, and agree maybe these are exclusives but not a continuation of the 20th line.
it because they are celebrating Marvel Legends as a whole, not just from when it start. Everything from the Toybiz to Hasbro days, to the various subline and special packaging (IE the vintage stuff), from Movie, Comics, Video Game etc. everything ML has done will be included in this line.

It's the same when they did the 80th. People were thinking they would only celebrate the start of the company but they went about using the entire 80 years of marvel to create the line.
fac
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:42 am

Yeah, I can see that as a possibility, but they have also kept a consistent packing and premium pricing for past sublines (80th, FOX-Men, Infinity Saga, etc). and I'm not sure the pseudo-clamshell makes sense for some of these, the way it does for the first four. Just seems like it would either be a mish-mash of styles or not consistent, which isn't how they have done these things in the past, and if it isn't consistent other than slapping a "20th Anniversary" sticker on a package what makes these "special". Continuing with updates of some of the never-redone ToyBiz figures would fit the pattern a lot more, and it isn't as if some of those that haven't been done aren't bigger names (Longshot, Angel, Blackheart, Mandarin) than what is listed here.

But of course I could be wrong, and maybe it will be a bunch of retro packaging going through the different looks over the years, like some ROML packaging, etc.
MLNUT
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:23 am

Man that rumored list for 20th anniversary Legends is bad BUT I will buy a Firelord and hopefully an Avengers Perez Beast.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:34 am

IF the list is legit and not wires being crossed then it's possible the theme is celebrating ToyBiz's whole tenure with the Marvel license and not just Legends. Firelord, for instance got done in the FF animated series line, MVC War Machine in the Video Game Super Stars line and of course the Sentinels in the various X-related lines of the 90s.

But I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised if the figures were accurate but they're not part of the anniversary line-up.
Crusher Creel
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:06 am

A George Perez style Beast would make me VERY happy.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:42 am

Crusher Creel wrote:
Retweet
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:53 am

Stark Resilient wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:42 am
Crusher Creel wrote:
Retweet
Threetweet. Is that a thing?

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”

Recent Topics