2022 - Happy Anniversary Marvel Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 - Happy Anniversary Marvel Legends

Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:20 am

These seem pretty light on accessories, so I’ll moderate my expectations. But I would like a Ragnarok head with Thor. Probably unlikely given the anniversary theme of this set.
Dorlando_calrissian
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:31 am

I think it’d be a lot cooler if they just did a toybiz greatest hits type of line as opposed to standing firm on redoing all of the series one characters. This could include
Bendy arm ock
Hobgoblin
Iron man mk 1
Mojo
Beast
Astonishing wolverine
Silver centurion
Magneto
Punisher
Nick fury
Phoenix
Hawkeye
Brown wolverine (VCR repaint)
Byrne cyclops
First appearance Spider-Man
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:39 am

fingfangfoom wrote:These seem pretty light on accessories, so I’ll moderate my expectations. But I would like a Ragnarok head with Thor. Probably unlikely given the anniversary theme of this set.
Ironman is fairly light, cap seems pretty well packed though

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:35 am

I'd like a Luke Cage/Iron Fist two-pack, but I need Danny to come a ton of extra hands. I think they tend to skimp on accessories in box sets.
Storm of the Vale
CROM!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:52 am

Isn't it also the 10th Anniversary of when Hasbro relaunched the 6 Inch Marvel Legends Series after a brief hiatus?
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:51 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
I'd like a Luke Cage/Iron Fist two-pack, but I need Danny to come a ton of extra hands. I think they tend to skimp on accessories in box sets.

This is quickly becoming a top want for me. A deluxe two-pack with these two done right, with extra heads, hands, and power effects would be amazing. I'd love to see Danny done on a body that has the thoracic articulation (a la Superior Octopus - where has that body been?) to get maximal kung-fu posing and Luke done on a dedicated sculpt.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:56 pm

H-bird wrote:
TheSameIdiot wrote:

This is quickly becoming a top want for me. A deluxe two-pack with these two done right, with extra heads, hands, and power effects would be amazing. I'd love to see Danny done on a body that has the thoracic articulation (a la Superior Octopus - where has that body been?) to get maximal kung-fu posing and Luke done on a dedicated sculpt.
We’ll get Luke on a torso we can plug bullet effects into, and Dwight will say we have plenty of regular torsos.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:05 pm

Storm of the Vale wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:52 am
Isn't it also the 10th Anniversary of when Hasbro relaunched the 6 Inch Marvel Legends Series after a brief hiatus?
Shush. Don't remind them. Anything "anniversary" is an excuse for a needless price hike. There are so many anniversaries that are being milked constantly for a couple more bucks out of our pocket, this one probably just fell through the cracks.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:10 pm

I would want a new Iron Fist (of any kind) to come with lots of additional hands, but I also have a couple Iron Fist figures that came with lots of additional hands that I could use already. I get that not everyone has those figures though. I agree about the diaphragm pivot over the solo ab crunch, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker. I do want to see Iron Fist on a beefier body than Pizza Spidey though. Sunfire body at the very least. Superior Octopus would be ideal. Green gi overlay with super-collar.
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:10 pm

I’m down for Iron Fist on the Superior Octopus body; do the comic Shang-Chi hands fit? Because there’s zero reason IF doesn’t come with those.

But we’ve had multiple Spider-Men without wall crawling hands, so who knows.
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:35 pm

september_death wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:56 pm
We’ll get Luke on a torso we can plug bullet effects into, and Dwight will say we have plenty of regular torsos.
Yeah, that seemed a bit tone deaf and disrespectful by Dwight, to be completely honest; rather than even just being flippant. I'll normally defend those guys to a massive degree, but, in complete fairness and with respect: that was a misjudged reaction, I believe. I imagine, if those guys have launched themselves too much into the sort of deluge of negativity they'd see on YouTube or maybe Facebook, they've lost sight of the distinction and differentiation between needless abuse and valid criticism. And probably armed themselves with an instinct of dismissiveness to avoid having their feelings hurt too badly- but some criticism, such as the shield one, really IS valid. These are really expensive for a lot of people now, times are really, really hard for the customers who support this line- it's pretty off to be insensitive and ignorant of that. And, worse, this shows a complete resignation to ignoring new customers. Comics and other media know things like anniversaries are new 'jumping on points'- even for products that aren't all over physical stores, because a massive proportion of customers come via online sales nowadays- so it seems poor sense to ignore those sort of opportunities here. There's no growth or longevity in over-pricing items to only cater to your existing audience AND then producing an incomplete, lacking offering.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:06 pm

JayC claims there will be at least 8 other releases in this line throughout 2022, after the confirmed initial 4. However he says it's not gonna be a strict recreation of ToyBiz's second or third waves or anything like that, and will instead cherrypick from the entirety of ToyBiz's run on Legends.

Just spitballing, but some ToyBiz characters Hasbro hasn't done that I could see:

- Classic Falcon and Redwing
- Luke Cage (classic)
- Angel (red and white or blue and white costume)
- Longshot
- Black Panther (Marvel Knights)
- Destroyer
- Iron Fist (classic)
- Mojo
- Danny Ketch as Ghost Rider
- Baron Heinrich Zemo
- Blackheart
- The Young Avengers (Patriot, Wiccan, Hulkling and Iron Lad)
- Dracula
- The Mandarin
- Werewolf by Night
- Baron Strucker
- Franklin Richards

If they were to expand to Legends adjacent 6-inch lines like Spider-Man Classics, X-Men Classics, Hulk Classics and Fantastic Four Classics, there's then Avalanche, Man-Spider, Man-Wolf, Joe Fixit, Professor Hulk and Impossible Man, though that's all very unlikely (sadly).
VonDoom62
CROM!

Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:09 pm

Of all those listed, I would simply just LOVE Blackheart, Heinrich Zemo, or the Mandarin to get some good new figures. If any of those were part of this line, I'd consider that a win.
ZenGopher
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:06 pm

Good list! My primary wants would be:

- Classic Falcon and Redwing
- Luke Cage (classic)
- Angel (red and white or blue and white costume)
- Iron Fist (classic)
- Daredevil
- Beast (with calm head/face... and lab jacket like the multi-pack)
- Goliath
- Mr Fantastic (w/Stretchy arms, waist, legs, neck - just not fingers again)
- Thing with hat and trenchcoat
- Pheonix
- Iceman (with good size ice slide)
- Cyclops
- Sentinel - in the style of the Toybiz one
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:55 pm

I would suggest a deluxe Dragon Man, but he wasn't technically Marvel Legends. It would be cool for Hasbro to attempt to dethrone the Toy Biz version, like they did with MODOK.

The new pinless tech gives them reason to redo all the A and B listers.

I like a lot of the suggestions in this thread.

Luke Cage, Power Man classic
Iron Fist, classic
Hawkeye
Angel, red/white preferred (would have to be a deluxe figure)
Beast, calm face
Phoenix
Falcon, classic with Redwing
Punisher

If the Riders SKU is continuing, I can see Danny Ketch Ghost Rider being branded 20th anniversary.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”