2022 - Happy Anniversary Marvel Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Re: 2022 - Happy Anniversary Marvel Legends

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:26 pm

I'm curious how Hulk will look. 80th Hulk covered both Hulks from the first and second series of Marvel Legends with his removable, torn white shirt. He's gonna have to be damned impressive with that increased price they're asking for on these.
Rob W
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:30 pm

I’d guess clapping hands, some kind of shockwave effect, and an alt screaming head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VonDoom62
CROM!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:50 pm

I'm gonna get Cap, but I think I'm skipping Iron Man. The hornhead faceplate has never been a favorite of mine and the figure looks real light on accessories for the price point. Not a bad looking figure, but it's not for me.

As for the debate of yellow or gold, I don't know. When I got AI Iron Man, I was like, "Oh, I like the yellow more! That just pops!" But when I got Modular Iron Man I then shifted to, "Well, actually, I think I do prefer the gold. It's so shiny and purty!" So I think I'm just an idiot that goes along with whatever the latest release I like is.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:54 pm

Rob W wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:30 pm
I’d guess clapping hands, some kind of shockwave effect, and an alt screaming head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A screaming head might be cool. Maybe a Professor/Smart Hulk! While Smart Hulk normally wore untattered clothes, they didn't always stay that way after he'd charge in to battle (think how he looked in the 90s Capcom fighting games).

Sadly, if he gets Gamma Clap hands, his odd butterfly joints will likely prevent them from reaching the desired effect, unless they're going to retool that one too like they did for Iron Man (I doubt it, though).
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:36 pm

They could put a FA head on Hulk. Just sayin.
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Grouch wrote:
They could put a FA-ish head on Hulk. Just sayin.
Damn edit / quote . Sorry.
Littlemidget312
CROM!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:40 pm

Stick puny Banner in as an accessory
Mark_Bowen
Customized

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:06 pm

Don't mind me, I'll just be over here continuing to beat my “Iron Man 2020's metallic yellow is the best Iron Man figure color” drum.

Pretty crummy that they didn't include a non-horned alt head, for as much as they're charging for this guy. I was willing to bite the $32 bullet on Cap, but this one doesn't offer enough beyond the 80th anniversary & Shang-Chi IMs, so unless he eventually ends up discounted, I'll be passing.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:22 am

H-bird wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:48 pm
Littlemidget312 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:11 pm
The back of Captain America’s packaging mentions Hulk and Toad. So it seems like they’re being released individually but as “series 1”

Dwight also called this out in the livestream, in a kind of "Oh hmmm how about that what could that mean?" kinda way. So definitely expecting to see a full series 1 homage.
They straight up said on the live stream they were doing Toad and Hulk, too.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:24 am

Mark_Bowen wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:06 pm
Don't mind me, I'll just be over here continuing to beat my “Iron Man 2020's metallic yellow is the best Iron Man figure color” drum.

Pretty crummy that they didn't include a non-horned alt head, for as much as they're charging for this guy. I was willing to bite the $32 bullet on Cap, but this one doesn't offer enough beyond the 80th anniversary & Shang-Chi IMs, so unless he eventually ends up discounted, I'll be passing.
The 2020 colors are very nice. Probably the best middle ground between red and gold and red and yellow, so of course they'll never make a figure in those colors again.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:44 pm

Canceled Iron Man. He's just not worth it to me, as he'd be relegated to the back of a shelf instantly.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:56 pm

TFitz wrote:Canceled Iron Man. He's just not worth it to me, as he'd be relegated to the back of a shelf instantly.
I haven’t ordered him yet and not sure if I will. Series 1 Iron Man is the figure I randomly came across in KB Toys after I had “outgrown” action figures a few years earlier that got me on this 20 year kick. The nostalgia might eventually win out, but I’m not feeling compelled to get him even with that emotional component.
Balthus Dire
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:01 pm

I’ll be all in for at least one wave of these. I love the throwback packaging too and the displays that are direct throwbacks to the original pack-in displays are nostalgic af for me.

Funnily enough, I’m not as bothered by the gold/yellow debate as I am the mask itself, but only because it’s not what the actual original ML Iron Man mask looked like. Should’ve been more accurate to the OG figure imo.

Lastly, it’s absolutely crazy to me sometimes to think I’ve been collecting this line for 20 years. I found my first ML legit 20 years ago when I was at a Toys R Us and saw them on the pegs, no internet announcements, no online hype, just walked in and saw them there. Left with Hulk as my first one and 20 years later still going. Just crazy.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:15 pm

When people see my Legends collection I have to remind them it's 20 years in the making - which is a pretty insane stat.
Thevision57
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:46 pm

The original iron man variant was my first proper legend and i still have no desire to get this. The mask looks weird and the fact that this was a good time to actual paint him gold and they went yellow is a good reason to pass. Would have overlooked the yellow paint if he came with both helmets so that it was an homage to the regular series 1 figure but it seems that even at this pricepoint they are purposely leaving out stuff to get us to buy more down the road.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”