2022 - Happy Anniversary Marvel Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Stark Resilient
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: 2022 - Happy Anniversary Marvel Legends

Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:24 pm

DerRabbi wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:30 pm
Stark Resilient wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:58 pm

While I do think this one is very bad, the only reason why I give the edge to Hawkeye is that there are no real alternatives for Clint. At least Cap has decent heads for 80th and now this upcoming ML20 set. Hawkeye, you're just shit out of luck.
Toybiz Hawkeye head looks pretty good on the Hasbro body
Yeah, it's.. fine? It works for some iterations.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:01 pm

Handsome wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:24 pm
The first pre-Marvel Legends Spider-Man Classics figure was McFarlane based. But the only Hasbro McFarlane figure was an SDCC box-set exclusive. It would be cool if they re-release an updated version of the Raft figure with some added accessories and improved articulation.

I know that the first Spider-Man Classics figure has always been referred to as a McFarlane Spider-Man, but those eyes are more Larsen than McFarlane

DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:47 pm

Stark Resilient wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:24 pm
DerRabbi wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:30 pm

Toybiz Hawkeye head looks pretty good on the Hasbro body
Yeah, it's.. fine? It works for some iterations.
He basically works for a Silver Age Hawkeye. I guess a Bronze Age one would be the MS head scaled down; which I have at one point seen (don't remember where now). Only real difference is the mask size/angle.
Handsome
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:30 pm

sepster wrote:
Handsome wrote:
The first pre-Marvel Legends Spider-Man Classics figure was McFarlane based. But the only Hasbro McFarlane figure was an SDCC box-set exclusive. It would be cool if they re-release an updated version of the Raft figure with some added accessories and improved articulation.

I know that the first Spider-Man Classics figure has always been referred to as a McFarlane Spider-Man, but those eyes are more Larsen than McFarlane

Yeah, but it literally came with a McFarlane comic. And I always saw Larsen as just trying to continue the McFarlane look while adding his own style to it, similar to how Andy Kubert continued the Jim Lee look in his own style on the X-Men comics.
Scissors
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:43 pm

El Honez wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:48 pm
I have a Cap-Wolf that I customized with a dremeled ML1 head. I have an ML1 shield just because I think the elastic armbands were a fun gimmick to hold on to (I also kept the American flag).... And I am *still* on the hook for give-or-take 35 bucks with this new figure.
Late to the discussion, but yeah, this is exactly what I have as my Cap right now.

While I also squint at the jacked-up price of this version of Cap, I'm going to bite mainly because the 80th Anniv. Cap never showed up in my corner of the world (western Canada). Or maybe he did, but I blinked and he was gone. Now he's twice as much on the secondary market, so that makes this new offering much more palatable.
DerRabbi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:59 pm

Toybiz shields work better bc they are the right size. All the hasbro ones have been too small ... until this one ... with 3 holes in it.
Mark_Bowen
Customized

Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:40 am

sepster wrote:
Handsome wrote:

Warning! FRAT! :

Wow, thank you for that clarification. That SMC Spidey was, hands down, the #1 toy of my childhood. I loved it so much that even though I desperately wished he had had fists, I still never bought another red & blue S-M until adulthood (but I did get the assorted variants — black costume, 2099, Scarlet Spider). What other Spider-Men did end up in my collection were the box set ones: Urban Legends, Sinister Six, Fearsome Foes. Each of those got unceremoniously chucked in a bin and eventually lost or thrown away.

Fast forward to whichever year the The Raft set came out, and me unable to figure out why I don't care at all for its Spider-Man, despite him apparently being based on the same source as my childhood fave.

Well, you've answered that question for me! Larsen's mask warms me with nostalgia; McFarlane's reminds me how lame Spawn is.
VonDoom62
CROM!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:58 am

Handsome wrote:
I've said it before, but I do not like that Raft head. The border around the eyes isn't nearly thick enough for a McFarlane look and the shape in general just isn't a match in my eyes. If Hasbro gives us another attempt at a big eyed McFarlane or even Larsen styled head, I'd hope it'd get a new sculpt that properly conveys that look rather than a cheap repaint of the Scarlet Spider head.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:31 am

I agree on the eyes of Raft Spidey missing the mark. When I got that figure I went ahead and enlarged the border to better represent a Mcfarlane Spider-man

VonDoom62
CROM!

Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:39 am

sepster wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:31 am
I agree on the eyes of Raft Spidey missing the mark. When I got that figure I went ahead and enlarged the border to better represent a Mcfarlane Spider-man
Oh, that's gorgeous. I didn't think a simple repaint would be enough to fix it, but I guess I was wrong. Well done!
El Honez
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:29 pm

So there are allegedly 8 additional anniversary figures in 2022, presumably utilizing the same format as the first four (which we expect to be Cap/Hulk/Iron Man/Toad).

If that's accurate, would it limit the figures to only non-BAF waves, due to the included backdrops emulating former pack-ins? Going wave-by-wave, here's who I think might be possible if that's a limitation:

Wave 2: There have been/will be already recent releases for Doom, Thing, and Torch; A new vested Namor with proper gold wings would be great. I also wouldn't turn my nose up at a proper classic comic-armored Doom.
Wave 3: Thor seems a natural fit, and folks have been clamoring for a definitive Magneto. We also haven't seen Danny Ketch for years.
Wave 4: We've had great recent Elektra, Gambit, and Beast figures. We could still use a definitive classic Punisher. I'd also be open to them flipping the script a bit and offering an Avengers Beast.
Wave 5: A true classic Colossus with retro belt would be welcome, as would a new Steranko Nick Fury. Since a new Surfer is coming with Galactus, I'd only want one here if it came with a new classic Howard the Duck. Maybe they'd do uniformed Red Skull as a counterpoint to Cap?
Wave 6: Everyone loves Deadpool but he didn't come with a stand for them to emulate; folks might want a new blue & yellow Cable, and we could use a new Phoenix that uses the Dark Phoenix body.
Wave 7: We desperately need a new classic Hawkeye, but a paper backdrop sky cycle might start a mutiny (and it certainly would for Ghost Rider).
Wave 8: Doc Ock and Iceman seem like prime candidates from this wave, given their backdrop options and fan demand for definitive versions.

Distilling that down to just 8, a mix of predictions and my personal preferences:

1. Namor (Vested)
2. Thor
3. Magneto
4. Punisher
5. Nick Fury
6. Phoenix
7. Hawkeye
8. Doctor Octopus
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:40 pm

El Honez wrote:So there are allegedly 8 additional anniversary figures in 2022, presumably utilizing the same format as the first four (which we expect to be Cap/Hulk/Iron Man/Toad).

If that's accurate, would it limit the figures to only non-BAF waves, due to the included backdrops emulating former pack-ins? Going wave-by-wave, here's who I think might be possible if that's a limitation:

Wave 2: There have been/will be already recent releases for Doom, Thing, and Torch; A new vested Namor with proper gold wings would be great. I also wouldn't turn my nose up at a proper classic comic-armored Doom.
Wave 3: Thor seems a natural fit, and folks have been clamoring for a definitive Magneto. We also haven't seen Danny Ketch for years.
Wave 4: We've had great recent Elektra, Gambit, and Beast figures. We could still use a definitive classic Punisher. I'd also be open to them flipping the script a bit and offering an Avengers Beast.
Wave 5: A true classic Colossus with retro belt would be welcome, as would a new Steranko Nick Fury. Since a new Surfer is coming with Galactus, I'd only want one here if it came with a new classic Howard the Duck. Maybe they'd do uniformed Red Skull as a counterpoint to Cap?
Wave 6: Everyone loves Deadpool but he didn't come with a stand for them to emulate; folks might want a new blue & yellow Cable, and we could use a new Phoenix that uses the Dark Phoenix body.
Wave 7: We desperately need a new classic Hawkeye, but a paper backdrop sky cycle might start a mutiny (and it certainly would for Ghost Rider).
Wave 8: Doc Ock and Iceman seem like prime candidates from this wave, given their backdrop options and fan demand for definitive versions.

Distilling that down to just 8, a mix of predictions and my personal preferences:
1. Namor (Vested)
2. Thor
3. Magneto
4. Punisher
5. Nick Fury
6. Phoenix
7. Hawkeye
8. Doctor Octopus
Honestly I dont see half of those making it for various reasons

1. Namor (Vested) (we basically got got him as a walgreen exclusive and he peg warmed hard)

2. Thor (we got 80th Thor, i doubt we'd get a straight up rerelease)

3. Magneto (possible)

4. Punisher (possible, but unnecessary)

5. Nick Fury (if they can get the head sculpt close to the toybiz one, yes please)

6. Phoenix (doubtful, she was easy to get, dark phoenix however is more over due, but I see her on retro card)

7. Hawkeye (quite possible)

8. Doctor Octopus (doubtful. I think we may see a different version next time)

Personaly, if we get more .. im hoping for characters we desperately need redone

- Danny ketch deluxe w/bike
- Luke Cage
- Ironfist
- Yellena bolova
- Jigsaw
- Mark 1 Ironman
- Mojo
- Longshot
- yellow/blue cable
- Hawkeye
- first appearance spider-man
- angel
- classic hulkbuster
- ionic wonderman
- vengeance
- blackheart
- classic falcon
- og zemo
- thorbuster ironman
- classic beta ray bill
- Baron strucker

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:28 am

spideyboy1111 wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:40 pm
El Honez wrote:So there are allegedly 8 additional anniversary figures in 2022, presumably utilizing the same format as the first four (which we expect to be Cap/Hulk/Iron Man/Toad).

1. Namor (Vested)
2. Thor
3. Magneto
4. Punisher
5. Nick Fury
6. Phoenix
7. Hawkeye
8. Doctor Octopus
Honestly I dont see half of those making it for various reasons

1. Namor (Vested) (we basically got got him as a walgreen exclusive and he peg warmed hard)

2. Thor (we got 80th Thor, i doubt we'd get a straight up rerelease)

3. Magneto (possible)

4. Punisher (possible, but unnecessary)

5. Nick Fury (if they can get the head sculpt close to the toybiz one, yes please)

6. Phoenix (doubtful, she was easy to get, dark phoenix however is more over due, but I see her on retro card)

7. Hawkeye (quite possible)

8. Doctor Octopus (doubtful. I think we may see a different version next time)

Personaly, if we get more .. im hoping for characters we desperately need redone

- Danny ketch deluxe w/bike
- Luke Cage
- Ironfist
- Yellena bolova
- Jigsaw
- Mark 1 Ironman
- Mojo
- Longshot
- yellow/blue cable
- Hawkeye
- first appearance spider-man
- angel
- classic hulkbuster
- ionic wonderman
- vengeance
- blackheart
- classic falcon
- og zemo
- thorbuster ironman
- classic beta ray bill
- Baron strucker

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Actually, I could see all of those getting new releases, but likely not all for the 20th anniversary wave. Magneto and Phoenix would likely go in an X-Men wave and Doctor Octopus would likely be either a Retro Spider-Man wave figure or for Spider-Man's 60th anniversary wave plans. Hawkeye has been teased over and over and he's still on display in recent videos, so he's likely a lock. Thor and Punisher could be released with new heads, hands and some new accessories for collectors who are new or missed the previous figures. Since Thor has his 60th anniversary next year and his own movie wave, I'm sure we'll see a classic comic Thor made at some point next year. The one I'd actually doubt being made is Nick Fury, since Fury Jr. has basically replaced him, but I really hope I'm wrong.

Other figures listed like classic Beta Ray Bill, Jigsaw, Longshot, classic Falcon and classic Luke Cage would all be welcome additions to my collection. I can't wait to see what Hasbro has planned for the 20th anniversary wave next year. Let's keep our fingers crossed at least some of these figures listed get made within the next year or two.
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:55 pm

I like the yellow Iron Man but also hope it gets a release in gold to match the 80th classic version to. Funny that the original pointy mask TB version was gold.
Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:20 am

The new Iron Man has more new tooling than I expected. I thought it was just gonna be another basic headswap.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”