Marvel Legends Series Wolverine 5-Pack

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
peanut234
Customized
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Series Wolverine 5-Pack

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:21 pm

fingfangfoom wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:00 pm
greensborohill wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:42 pm
YinzerToyGuy wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:37 pm
Here's what i did with Callisto. Straight part swaps with pieces from WWE Elite Rhea Ripley. No mods needed.

Where did you get the bans that are on the upper arms? And what's her height after swapping the legs?
Looks like the bands on the upper arms are already on the Callisto figure. The armbands around the wrists are from the Ripley figure, and it looks like the spikes on Callisto's left leg are Ripley's neckband.
I'm curious if the leg swap was made at the hip, or at the upper thigh cut. Boil and pop, or was there more to it?
The swap is made at the hip and again at the knees to replace Ripley's lower legs with Callisto's. I'm doing the exact same thing, it's super simple!
Balthus Dire
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:18 am

Enforcer wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:02 pm
Balthus Dire wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:32 am
Got this set today and loving it. Cyber’s paint job really pops, which is nice. Also didn’t expect to care for a redeco of Omega Red but he looks better than the last release imo so onto the shelf he goes.
I remember playing the Adamatium Rage game for Sega back in the 90s so this Cyber is checking some nostalgia boxes.
That’s awesome. I think I had one single issue of a Wolverine comic in the 90’s that featured Cyber and a Fleer Ultra or Marvel Masterpiece trading card with him, but for some reason he always stuck with me as a Wolverine villain. Cool to have him on the shelf finally and checks all those nostalgia boxes for sure.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:38 pm

Balthus Dire wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:18 am
Enforcer wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:02 pm
Balthus Dire wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:32 am
Got this set today and loving it. Cyber’s paint job really pops, which is nice. Also didn’t expect to care for a redeco of Omega Red but he looks better than the last release imo so onto the shelf he goes.
I remember playing the Adamatium Rage game for Sega back in the 90s so this Cyber is checking some nostalgia boxes.
That’s awesome. I think I had one single issue of a Wolverine comic in the 90’s that featured Cyber and a Fleer Ultra or Marvel Masterpiece trading card with him, but for some reason he always stuck with me as a Wolverine villain. Cool to have him on the shelf finally and checks all those nostalgia boxes for sure.

I never played Adamantium Rage. I just watched a video of the boss fight with Cyber. The Genesis version seemed pretty standard but the SNES version was absolutely wacked out with Cyber turning into a spike ball and a bull and all sorts of craziness! I'm guessing it was supposed to be a drug-induced hallucination deal. Wild.

Cyber was awesome in the run up to Wolverine #100, right to the point where *20 year old spoilers* he has the adamantium ripped from him to rebond to Wolverine. Those are the main issues I know him from.
peanut234
Customized

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:14 pm

Decided not to completely copy YinzerToyGuy's amazing Callisto even though he gave me permission. I did a partial resculpt on the hair and used an old shirt painted and sealed with Mod Podge then cut to fit the figure.

Mastermind is the exact same recipe everyone is using but it does look really nice!

YinzerToyGuy
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:11 pm

fingfangfoom wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:00 pm
greensborohill wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:42 pm
YinzerToyGuy wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:37 pm
Here's what i did with Callisto. Straight part swaps with pieces from WWE Elite Rhea Ripley. No mods needed.

Where did you get the bans that are on the upper arms? And what's her height after swapping the legs?
Looks like the bands on the upper arms are already on the Callisto figure. The armbands around the wrists are from the Ripley figure, and it looks like the spikes on Callisto's left leg are Ripley's neckband.
I'm curious if the leg swap was made at the hip, or at the upper thigh cut. Boil and pop, or was there more to it?
Correct on the parts. The swap is at the hip joint. Just pop n swap.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:47 pm

Had this pack a while now and Cyber’s ankles are so tight still, think they need a few more good boils to prevent from snapping. Anybody else find this or just mine that might be a bit poorly fitted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:33 pm

A lot of legend ankles are tight. I find that right off the bat when I open a figure, this is the joint I work away at first - because if there is breakage, I'll want to try and replace asap. I recently had an IW Black Widow self dive and have her foot break off. It's just a fragile and scary joint - especially on female figures.
kailryu
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:40 pm

Kinda disagree with it being a generalised issue though, seems to be a lot more severe on certain figures than others from what I’ve seen, and in some cases changes depending on production run.

Case in point, a lot of us found the modern Doom to have stuck ankles on his appearance in Super Skrull wave, didn’t see any comments about it on the reuse of that body in the retro card or augmented God Emperor Doom, both of which I also got and both were much smoother, so I would view that as an issue specific to the first run of those legs but not later ones.

That’s why I ask about Cyber, he’s a figure where a lot fewer people may have him snd I’m wondering if it’s the run that has crazy tight ankles or just mine, and whether that might indicate it will get better if we see the parts used again or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dagodfather
Is Gonna Make You An Offer...

Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:03 pm

So had been waiting for what I thought would be an inevitable Black Friday discount but now it’s out of stock.
blobfrombeyond
Avengers Assemble

Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:06 pm

dagodfather wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:03 pm
So had been waiting for what I thought would be an inevitable Black Friday discount but now it’s out of stock.
That’ll be when the “Children of Thanos” box set goes back up at a steep discount.
H-bird
hbwrdlngiv, after secondary mutation

Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:35 pm

I’ve been holding off on this set waiting for a sale as well. Found Warehouse deal earlier this week for like $106 but didn’t bite. I’m still thinking it might make an appearance with a discount in the next week or so.
Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:09 pm

I was one of those people waiting fora discount. Truth is if I never see it again, no big deal. Nothing in the set was a must get for me. Only Jason Wyngarde was one that I wanted for my hell fire club set and Omega Red looked good, but I have the first one and don't need to replace it.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

StjJames
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:33 pm

H-bird wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:35 pm
I’ve been holding off on this set waiting for a sale as well. Found Warehouse deal earlier this week for like $106 but didn’t bite. I’m still thinking it might make an appearance with a discount in the next week or so.
Good thing you passed. I actually ordered and received that set at that price only to find that two of the figures were swapped out for other random figures. I immediately returned it. Anyone who is considering buying this at a discount without it being an Amazon sale, beware and be warned.
DaThing
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:35 pm

I had a $15 credit on Amazon and saw this set listed as used like new for $114.94. Said it was in original packaging but would be damaged. I'll be opening it anyway so I pulled the trigger and got it. I was trying to hold out for the eventual price drop but no idea when or if it'll happen.
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:58 am

I basically wanted this only for Cyber and the new Wolverine head sculpt, Callisto and an inaccurate HFC Jason Wynegarde are gravy, but I have no problem waiting on this like I did w/ the Nimrod pack. If it takes a year to get to its lowest point I'm fine with that.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”