Marvel Legends Series Wolverine 5-Pack

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Marvel Legends Series Wolverine 5-Pack

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:15 pm

Stuck Wyngarde's head on a Mobius body and gave him Gambit's trench coat and a spare smoke from MAFEX Batou. The brown on Gambit's coat doesn't quite match, but it's pretty close. Where I have them displayed, you definitely can't tell unless you pick him up and look closely. Looks good enough for me for now, and Mobius' left hand/arm looks good popping the collar.
YinzerToyGuy
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:37 pm

Here's what i did with Callisto. Straight part swaps with pieces from WWE Elite Rhea Ripley. No mods needed.

Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:04 pm

Samael13 wrote:Stuck Wyngarde's head on a Mobius body and gave him Gambit's trench coat and a spare smoke from MAFEX Batou. The brown on Gambit's coat doesn't quite match, but it's pretty close. Where I have them displayed, you definitely can't tell unless you pick him up and look closely. Looks good enough for me for now, and Mobius' left hand/arm looks good popping the collar.
Think I have a spare Gambit lurking around, so I might try the coat look as well. I'm not too concerned about it looking exactly like the comics, and a trench is something he might wear these days. I dig it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

wetwithwaterwings
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:13 pm

The new head looks fantastic on the 1st appearance Wolverine body.

Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:21 pm

I hope we see this new head released a few times in the future (without the battle damage).
Samael13
way more of a know-it-all than you

Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:56 pm

I'll be interested to see if they do; when I was looking at mine, I was pretty sure that some of the battle damage is sculpted. Some of the nicks and cuts seemed sculpted, to me, but also the fat/bruised lips.

It's definitely the best unmasked Wolverine head sculpt they've done, though; I'm definitely hoping we an undamaged version with the slightly darker skin-tone that most of the previous releases have.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:11 am

Samael13 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:56 pm
I'll be interested to see if they do; when I was looking at mine, I was pretty sure that some of the battle damage is sculpted. Some of the nicks and cuts seemed sculpted, to me, but also the fat/bruised lips.

It's definitely the best unmasked Wolverine head sculpt they've done, though; I'm definitely hoping we an undamaged version with the slightly darker skin-tone that most of the previous releases have.
Had to take a photo so I could zoom in, which actually didn't tell me as much as feeling around, but yes, SOME of the nicks and cuts are sculpted. BUT I think if you removed the paint from those spots, it could easily pass as a standard Logan portrait. Healed with scars. It's definitely the very best portrait they've made, and it would be shocking if they didn't reuse it in the future. I think this would be my go-to sculpt for just about any era of Wolverine.
EnigmaticClarity
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:15 am

wetwithwaterwings wrote:

Did he repaint it, or is it just the lighting making it look so different than the previous pics I've seen?
Rolo
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:06 am

Enforcer wrote:I hope we see this new head released a few times in the future (without the battle damage).
Hopefully painted better.

Enviado desde mi Mi 9T Pro mediante Tapatalk

wetwithwaterwings
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:00 pm

EnigmaticClarity wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:15 am
wetwithwaterwings wrote:

Did he repaint it, or is it just the lighting making it look so different than the previous pics I've seen?
I think it's just the lighting.
greensborohill
Avengers Assemble

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:42 pm

YinzerToyGuy wrote:
Here's what i did with Callisto. Straight part swaps with pieces from WWE Elite Rhea Ripley. No mods needed.

Where did you get the bans that are on the upper arms? And what's her height after swapping the legs?
fingfangfoom
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:00 pm

greensborohill wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:42 pm
YinzerToyGuy wrote:

Where did you get the bans that are on the upper arms? And what's her height after swapping the legs?
Looks like the bands on the upper arms are already on the Callisto figure. The armbands around the wrists are from the Ripley figure, and it looks like the spikes on Callisto's left leg are Ripley's neckband.
I'm curious if the leg swap was made at the hip, or at the upper thigh cut. Boil and pop, or was there more to it?
Balthus Dire
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:32 am

Got this set today and loving it. Cyber’s paint job really pops, which is nice. Also didn’t expect to care for a redeco of Omega Red but he looks better than the last release imo so onto the shelf he goes.
Enforcer
Pretentious Buck

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:02 pm

Balthus Dire wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:32 am
Got this set today and loving it. Cyber’s paint job really pops, which is nice. Also didn’t expect to care for a redeco of Omega Red but he looks better than the last release imo so onto the shelf he goes.
I remember playing the Adamatium Rage game for Sega back in the 90s so this Cyber is checking some nostalgia boxes.
maschine9
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:12 pm

YinzerToyGuy wrote:

Wow!

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”